Thread: Ageism

Default Ageism

I’m soon to turn 76, so I give myself the right to be prejudiced against old people. The two oldest national leaders in the non-arabic world are Raul Castro and Joe Biden. Joe should not run again. He should step aside and become the wise old consultant to the next White House.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Default Re: Ageism

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    I’m soon to turn 76, so I give myself the right to be prejudiced against old people. The two oldest national leaders in the non-arabic world are Raul Castro and Joe Biden. Joe should not run again. He should step aside and become the wise old consultant to the next White House.
    I don't think Trump will take advice from Biden

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I don't think Trump will take advice from Biden
    That I can tell you!

Trump will be at the Gray Bar A Lago in 2024.
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

I think I'd rather have an 80-year-old Biden over a 77-year old Trump. Pretty clear who would be the better President. And healthier for the nation.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

trmp has the body of thirty year old.

In a suitcase in the basement.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    I think I'd rather have an 80-year-old Biden over a 77-year old Trump. Pretty clear who would be the better President. And healthier for the nation.
    there isn't going to be a choice. Reps have already set up control of POTUS voting, they are going to take the midterms, they (magats/GQP) have already said Biden & Harris will be impeached, and they already have plans to install 45 again.

It would have been nice if Dems had taken Reps at their word.. but hell, Biden was shocked (Shocked, I say!) to find the Reps had one agenda - stop him. And that is wierd (his lack of awareness) as every independent voter has known for decades Reps have one agenda.

But yeah, Biden was the best choice! So Dems are the same clueless as Biden.. but they should be making the decisions for everyone elses life? Riight. And that's why 'we can't have nice thngs'.

Who was it so succinctly said 'Winning isn't everything. It's the Only thing'. Reps/xtian fundies know that. Dems think losing/dying with honor is better. I'd not mind if it weren't the rest of us doing the losing/dying.

She said this long enough ago even Biden ought to remember..

Capture+_2022-07-03-22-32-47.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post

And yet, the repugnicans have repeatedly demonstrated and told us exactly what they stand for, and that they give not a fig for the people that they claim to represent.

And yet, you and your ilk repeatedly vote for them.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Trump will be at the Gray Bar A Lago in 2024.
    You think Mar A Lago was built by age? Who helped? A large number of weasels, who were . . . young. Figures. D head young D heads.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

And yet, the repugnicans have repeatedly demonstrated and told us exactly what they stand for, and that they give not a fig for the people that they claim to represent.

And yet, you and your ilk repeatedly vote for them.
    perhaps a bit of dispassionate observation on your part is needed.

Tho I was perhaps long ago (I was anti Nixon for ref) less adamantly against all things Rep, I have never voted for a Republican. Tho I admit to some small - ultimately dashed - hopes w/ WJC & Obama, my point has long been Dems are too conservative, too like Reps.

It's likely tho that, you and your ilk have repeatedly voted for the slightly less right but still conservative Dems imagining they will be different.. leading us to our present situation. Joe Biden, long part of the problem, was never the answer. Actions speaking louder than words, perhaps you & your ilk need to recognize what he/main stream Dems have shown us.
    Last edited by Durnik; 07-04-2022 at 10:58 AM.

Not setting a very high bar.

I’d rather have Red Skelton for president than trmp, and the comedian’s been dead already for a while.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    there isn't going to be a choice. Reps have already set up control of POTUS voting, they are going to take the midterms, they (magats/GQP) have already said Biden & Harris will be impeached, and they already have plans to install 45 again.

It would have been nice if Dems had taken Reps at their word.. but hell, Biden was shocked (Shocked, I say!) to find the Reps had one agenda - stop him. And that is wierd (his lack of awareness) as every independent voter has known for decades Reps have one agenda.

But yeah, Biden was the best choice! So Dems are the same clueless as Biden.. but they should be making the decisions for everyone elses life? Riight. And that's why 'we can't have nice thngs'.

Who was it so succinctly said 'Winning isn't everything. It's the Only thing'. Reps/xtian fundies know that. Dems think losing/dying with honor is better. I'd not mind if it weren't the rest of us doing the losing/dying.

boy howdy that line keeps popping up in my head.

ya know “ilk” doesn’t have to be an epithet but I’d rather hear some specifics than a gross reference about “people like YOUUUUUU”

With around 300 million people in the country can't you come up with a credible range of alternatives?I do realise that quite a few will fail to make the minimum age requirement.Also that some may not want to publish their tax returns.Not that such a trifle bothered one notable figure a little while back.

Quote Originally Posted by John Meachen View Post
    With around 300 million people in the country can't you come up with a credible range of alternatives?I do realise that quite a few will fail to make the minimum age requirement.Also that some may not want to publish their tax returns.Not that such a trifle bothered one notable figure a little while back.
    It is a puzzlement.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

What would biden tell the next white house?

Its putin! Lol