Thread: I do hope TRUMP runs for POTUS in 2024

Default I do hope TRUMP runs for POTUS in 2024

DeSantis appears to be coming on strong, but the MAGA crazies will persuade Dump to run as a third party if he loses the Primary, effectively diluting the Rep vote. If Dump wins the Primary, the MAGA idiots won't carry it, no matter how hard Putin tries to help.

Default Re: I do hope TRUMP runs for POTUS in 2024

My wish is for it to be moot, because he's in the orange jumpsuit by then.

It's getting difficult to keyboard with all my fingers crossed.

Desantis makes me nervous because he's not as charismatic as the orange puke but he's definitely more competent to foist his evil on our country, and I'm sure he'll have the blessing of the incumbent Rs if he gets on the ticket.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I agree, Jim. I find it hard with all of the stuff that we know about the former president that there isn't SOMETHING he should be charged with. Hell, if you get stopped in my county with an ounce of marijuana your butt is going to jail, yet with all of the things this guy has done there is no charge he can be stuck with? Seriously?

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

^^^ Agreed. However, folks are saying that prosecuting Dump will split the USA (according to the U S Grant quote posted elsewhere). How's THAT for Teflon?

I don't know if he'll be prosecuted or not, but he, himself, seems to be losing support.

Come election time, it's impossible, IMO, to predict what the republican voters who are tired of trump will do. Some of them may not vote at all if the candidate is MAGA light. Some may vote for dems.

I see two tracks; There's the attack on the Capital, and Trump's involvement there, and there's the fundraising under false pretenses. The second is, I think, easier to understand and prove.

Truth is, a lot of s**t can hit the fan between now and November, and we cannot predict how much will, or what impact it will have on the elections, or if the votes will be counted.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    ^^^ Agreed. However, folks are saying that prosecuting Dump will split the USA (according to the U S Grant quote posted elsewhere). How's THAT for Teflon?
    Our kings are chosen by God so “for the good of the country” they must not be held accountable for their deeds. God did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Ah yes, that durned precedent! That and loss of face for half the country that did vote for him. And there may well be unrest if he's even put on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    He must be prosecuted, the USA is already split. The law must apply equally, if anyone is above the law, then we don't have a nation of laws.
    Ford giving a pardon to Nixon was the worst thing he could have done to this country. It may have healed things in the short run, but the long term allowed for people like Trump to flourish.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama