Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 75

Thread: Biden goes lower and lower

  1. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frankfort, MI
    Posts
    10,716

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    The only approval rating that matters in today’s oversaturated political environment is an election result. Trump never had good approval ratings and he got 74 million votes in 2020…



    Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

  2. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    The only approval rating that matters in today’s oversaturated political environment is an election result. Trump never had good approval ratings and he got 74 million votes in 2020…



    Jeff C
    Of course, but all you have is polls at this point. And in many instances the final outcome does resemble to polling within reason.

  3. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frankfort, MI
    Posts
    10,716

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    BobbyS....

    As a fellow conservative, please just answer JoeSocal/Keith's questions. I'm sick of seeing it pop up. Just say what you think, good, bad or neutral.

    They are fair questions and not really unreasonable though a little harshly stated.

    - Mr. Bum
    They aren’t a bit unreasonable, and they certainly aren’t harsh when compared to the effects of widespread support for sedition, and the completely unnecessary and unacceptable angst resulting from that.

    Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

  4. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallam View Post
    Capitalism / consumerism is ultimately destructive….and the USA is suffering from an accumulation of toxins.
    Sorta. But not precisely.

    I do get weary of repeating myself, but here it goes again. "... is ultimately destructive" is hyperbolic.

    Accurate would be: contains within it the capability for allowing the rich and powerful too much sway over the levers of power - which happens in the U.S. periodically, and which, without exception, turns dysfunctional, divisive, and ugly.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  5. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    They aren’t a bit unreasonable, and they certainly aren’t harsh when compared to the effects of widespread support for sedition, and the completely unnecessary and unacceptable angst resulting from that.

    Jeff C
    Pleeeeeeease, are you going to debate every nuance to what I say. I SAID THEY ARE FAIR QUESTIONS AND AREN'T UNREASONABLE. I do feel that there is a bit of a harsh/demanding tone to the request. I also understand that this may be due in part to BobbyS ignoring the question altogether. But the tone is there. It is a fair question and should be answered by BobbyS. What in Gods green earth could you disagree with here?

  6. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Just looked at FiveThirtyEight's presidential polling - according to them Trump's lowest favorability was 38% and his Highest unfavourability was 55%. Joe Biden is at 39% and 56% respectively. Sounds like he is equally unpopular but for completely different reasons.
    Yes, different dynamics. Very different.

    One difference - tRump's unpopularity was almost totally self-inflicted. Inspired by things he did and who he is.

    Biden's is largely, though not totally, the result of things beyond his control. Lingering effects of tRump's mismanagement. A historic pandemic. An economic downturn that was both a bit overdue, and atypical enough (for various reasons) that the Fed was bit confused as to how to handle it.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  7. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frankfort, MI
    Posts
    10,716

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Of course, but all you have is polls at this point. And in many instances the final outcome does resemble to polling within reason.
    The final outcome might or might not resemble the final polling, but considering the huge mitigating factors that are in play now, it is impossible to get any kind of real picture of the actual final result of the midterms, much less the next presidential election.

    Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

  8. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Pleeeeeeease, are you going to debate every nuance to what I say. I SAID THEY ARE FAIR QUESTIONS AND AREN'T UNREASONABLE. I do feel that there is a bit of a harsh/demanding tone to the request. I also understand that this may be due in part to BobbyS ignoring the question altogether. But the tone is there. It is a fair question and should be answered by BobbyS. What in Gods green earth could you disagree with here?
    I could disagree with any hint of 'harsh'. Where do you find it so in those two questions as phrased?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  9. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frankfort, MI
    Posts
    10,716

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    Pleeeeeeease, are you going to debate every nuance to what I say. I SAID THEY ARE FAIR QUESTIONS AND AREN'T UNREASONABLE. I do feel that there is a bit of a harsh/demanding tone to the request. I also understand that this may be due in part to BobbyS ignoring the question altogether. But the tone is there. It is a fair question and should be answered by BobbyS. What in Gods green earth could you disagree with here?
    Sorry, perhaps I was a bit strong.

    I don’t consider the questions harsh when directed toward bobbys because he has a long track record on this forum of acting like a jerk. That is harsh, but IMO it’s accurate.

    You and I probably would disagree heavily on political things, but for the record, I value your opinion and input to the forum, even though you are so obviously wrong…

    Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

  10. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,522

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    I do feel that there is a bit of a harsh/demanding tone to the request.
    There is indeed. A former president of the US is denying that he lost the election despite all evidence, and appears to be complicit in an attempt to overturn the results by force. This is important; probably the most import political event of my lifetime It is important to know what someone who supports this man thinks. Is he a traitor to our democracy or not?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  11. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by leikec View Post
    Sorry, perhaps I was a bit strong.

    I don’t consider the questions harsh when directed toward bobbys because he has a long track record on this forum of acting like a jerk. That is harsh, but IMO it’s accurate.

    You and I probably would disagree heavily on political things, but for the record, I value your opinion and input to the forum, even though you are so obviously wrong…

    Jeff C
    Well said on all counts. Thanks

  12. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Farmington, Oregon
    Posts
    19,996

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    i had to give up asking bobbys to say "hawaii" because keith et al decided to (repetitively) pose impossibly difficult questions of our mentally and morally benighted roofer.

    i, for one, don't care a whit for what he thinks of current events. there are deeper, and simpler, questions to answer.

    but, i might as well move on. maybe share some humor with the enemy as the enlightenment fails.

  13. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,438

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    There is indeed. A former president of the US is denying that he lost the election despite all evidence, and appears to be complicit in an attempt to overturn the results by force. This is important; probably the most import political event of my lifetime It is important to know what someone who supports this man thinks. Is he a traitor to our democracy or not?
    And I am not saying you are wrong to be a little exasperated with his non-response. Not at all. I do think that the tone might make someone more argumentative. It is obvious this has been going on for a while and I don't pretend to know all the history behind this. I just wish (BobbyS I hope you are reading this) that he would just answer the question and move on.

  14. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Farmington, Oregon
    Posts
    19,996

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    fuggedaboudit, boatbum.

    bobbys never could bring himself to admit that barack obama is a u.s. citizen by birthright.

    the closest he ever came was to admit that obama is a citizen because his mother was. while implying, of course, that obama's mother was a liar regarding his birthplace. we are deeply fooked.

  15. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    And I am not saying you are wrong to be a little exasperated with his non-response. Not at all. I do think that the tone might make someone more argumentative. It is obvious this has been going on for a while and I don't pretend to know all the history behind this. I just wish (BobbyS I hope you are reading this) that he would just answer the question and move on.
    As I've noted before, the TONE directed at bbbbbbys that you object to didn't start out 'exasperated'. It started out respectful and collegial. He EARNED every ounce of disapprobation he receives. And therefore, Joe's questions are not the least bit 'harsh'. In fact, I find them to be more straighforward, clear, and respectful than his correspondent deserves.

    It's a choice he continues to make.
    Last edited by David G; 07-01-2022 at 11:51 AM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  16. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    n.c. tn
    Posts
    9,909

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

    Originally Posted by Hallam
    Capitalism / consumerism is ultimately destructive….and the USA is suffering from an accumulation of toxins
    Sorta. But not precisely.

    I do get weary of repeating myself, but here it goes again. "... is ultimately destructive" is hyperbolic.

    Accurate would be: contains within it the capability for allowing the rich and powerful too much sway over the levers of power - which happens in the U.S. periodically, and which, without exception, turns dysfunctional, divisive, and ugly.
    and I get weary of repeating.. capitalism, as pure exploitation, can be nothing but ultimately destructive. That you have found a comfortable niche in it changes that not a whit.

    Consumerism is complete insanity. What happened to 'the unexamined life...'. Oh, right, life is now for slaving to feed the insatiable wealthy. Religion (pro sports, whatever) is/are the (un)suitable substitutes for introspection/contemplation. Got it.

  17. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Durnik View Post
    and I get weary of repeating.. capitalism, as pure exploitation, can be nothing but ultimately destructive. That you have found a comfortable niche in it changes that not a whit.

    Consumerism is complete insanity. What happened to 'the unexamined life...'. Oh, right, life is now for slaving to feed the insatiable wealthy. Religion (pro sports, whatever) is/are the (un)suitable substitutes for introspection/contemplation. Got it.
    If you are attempting to characterize capitalism as 'pure exploitation'... you are incorrect. If you are pointing out that is has the potential or tendency to become almost that when improperly regulated... you are spot on.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    40,782

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    How many times can Joe wash this old hairless dog for the fleas that keep hanging on?

    I can only imagine how much stuff sticks to Bobby's roofs with tar that won't cure up.
    Anyone who knows me or has experienced my tenacity in person or on the WBF for YEARS knows full well I can do this until the days bobbys is dead.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cantão - Brazil
    Posts
    16,645

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    I bet Joe has a single-tap shortcut for that post...

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    40,782

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by George. View Post
    I bet Joe has a single-tap shortcut for that post...
    You know it
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,010

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    The Bobster is not alone. There exist millions of USAeans who are such partisan extremists that . .

    they would rather have a fascist coup than government by any part of the democratic party.

    They have been taught, and firmly believe, that dems don't really care about M4A or living wages . .

    those are only facades behind which we hide our desire to enslave folks.

    Right Bobster ??

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,522

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    And I am not saying you are wrong to be a little exasperated with his non-response. Not at all. I do think that the tone might make someone more argumentative. It is obvious this has been going on for a while and I don't pretend to know all the history behind this. I just wish (BobbyS I hope you are reading this) that he would just answer the question and move on.
    I do too. The history is that I started asking Bobbys those two questions quite respectfully a very long time ago. He refused to answer. Joe picked it up, and he's more tenacious than I am; more tenacious than almost anybody, in fact. Bobbys still refuses to answer. I've stopped being polite, which was probably not a good idea, if only because it's unpleasant for onlookers, but I am not to going to stop asking unless Bobbys gets banned or a forum administrator asks me to stop. I realize the repetition is irritating, but they are important questions, few more important in the US today.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  23. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    43,219

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    And I am not saying you are wrong to be a little exasperated with his non-response. Not at all. I do think that the tone might make someone more argumentative. It is obvious this has been going on for a while and I don't pretend to know all the history behind this. I just wish (BobbyS I hope you are reading this) that he would just answer the question and move on.
    He could end this by simply answering the questions.


    Were you a fan of the insurrection on January 6th ?

    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  24. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    n.c. tn
    Posts
    9,909

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    everyone here knows his answers.. as well as that he won't answer openly & honestly. continuing to ask shows mostly irrationality on the part of the questioners.

    but hey, we're all entitled to some irrationality.. boy, Howdy. 0-:

    Meanwhile, a year old warning from someone 'inside'.

    "johnpavlovitz.com/2021/06/05/im-a-christian-pastor-evangelicals-have-to-be-defeated-in-2022/"

  25. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  26. #61
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,711

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    That sure is an unhealthy relationship.

  27. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,815

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    The core truth --

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  28. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    I do too. The history is that I started asking Bobbys those two questions quite respectfully a very long time ago. He refused to answer. Joe picked it up, and he's more tenacious than I am; more tenacious than almost anybody, in fact. Bobbys still refuses to answer. I've stopped being polite, which was probably not a good idea, if only because it's unpleasant for onlookers, but I am not to going to stop asking unless Bobbys gets banned or a forum administrator asks me to stop. I realize the repetition is irritating, but they are important questions, few more important in the US today.
    Im not in your courtroom and under no obligation to reply to you nor anyone else , you are just doing this to harass.

    I can understand him doing it but you doing it is disappointing because you are smarter then that.

    Odd you feel you have to resort to such tactics.

    But feel free to continue, i dont mind..

    It just proves the bullying tactics libs will use .

  29. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    The core truth --

    You are indeed the wisest forum member here, every day i look forward to one of your qoutes to search my soul.

  30. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norwalk CT
    Posts
    2,578

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Bobby? Bobby are you there?

  31. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    BobbyS....

    As a fellow conservative, please just answer JoeSocal/Keith's questions. I'm sick of seeing it pop up. Just say what you think, good, bad or neutral.

    They are fair questions and not really unreasonable though a little harshly stated.

    - Mr. Bum
    Im not in his courtroom , why are you asking me to reply to him and not asking him to stop..

    Im not flooding the forum with inane bullying questions .

    If they choose to wreck the forum thats by them.

  32. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by sandtown View Post
    The Bobster is not alone. There exist millions of USAeans who are such partisan extremists that . .

    they would rather have a fascist coup than government by any part of the democratic party.

    They have been taught, and firmly believe, that dems don't really care about M4A or living wages . .

    those are only facades behind which we hide our desire to enslave folks.

    Right Bobster ??
    I never said any such thing.

  33. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Mull, Scotland
    Posts
    9,827

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    You are indeed the wisest forum member here, every day i look forward to one of your qoutes to search my soul.
    Yes, bobbys.
    We search our souls too, and find one or two sometimes.

  34. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    40,782

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^

    Bravo Boatbum a conservative with convictions
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  35. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    40,782

    Default Re: Biden goes lower and lower

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Im not in his courtroom , why are you asking me to reply to him and not asking him to stop..

    Im not flooding the forum with inane bullying questions .

    If they choose to wreck the forum thats by them.
    Where is there any bullying ? Its two simple question that everyone who participates in this forum has asked and answered including your fellow conservatives like Boatbum.

    You on the other hand continually vomit post unattributed C&P drivel then never answer any direct questions or follow up. That's kind a douche thing to do if you want to be part of the conversation and be part of this forum and not just a C&P troll that you've been relegated to by most here.

    So again

    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •