Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boebert is tired of this "Separation of church and state junk"

Default Re: Boebert is tired of this "Separation of church and state junk"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys
    Boebert 65%

Coram 35%
    So you are thrilled your love child won her GOP congressional district primary?

Fortunately the entire State of Colorado is not quite as bat-**** crazy as its third congressional district.

Three MAGA nutters lost in the primary for state-wide office in the GOP senate primary and in the GOP gubernatorial
    primary: Colorado Republicans reject 3 election deniers for statewide office.

In the state-wide GOP primary election for secretary of state the voters rejected this MAGA lunatic:

Indicted Election Denier Tina Peters Loses Her Own Election—and Denies She Lost

Zachary Petrizzo
    Media Reporter
    Updated Jun. 29, 2022 3:01AM ET / Published Jun. 28, 2022 11:16PM ET

Tina Peters, the Colorado county clerk who flogged election conspiracy theories and was then indicted for allegedly breaching her own voting machines, lost her primary bid to become the secretary of state.

And then she did exactly what you would expect: She denied she lost, cried fraud, and vowed to keep fighting.

“It’s not over,” Peters reportedly told supporters at her watch party, while she was 15 points behind the actual winner, Pam Anderson, a former Jefferson County clerk.

“I’m sorry we had faith in the system once again.”

Peters’ loss will be a blow to a cast of her fellow election deniers, including prominent backer Mike Lindell, who are clinging to the baseless notion that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump.

Now they have a new cause.

“Biggest fraud!!! We caught them!!!” Lindell, the MyPillow mogul, frantically texted The Daily Beast late on Tuesday night, referring to the Peters race. “We caught them in their fraud!!! Prison for Dominion!”

“How the votes came in (in real time). This is impossible!!!!!” he continued.

The trouncing comes three months after Peters was indicted by a grand jury on 10 misdemeanor and felony charges stemming from her role in the breaching of election machines in Mesa following the 2020 election.

She and a deputy are accused of plotting to turn off security cameras and letting an unauthorized person access those machines—information from which was published by conspiracy theorist Ron Watkins.

The indictment capped a turbulent 10-month stretch that saw Peters get arrested for obstructing police officers who were serving a search warrant for her iPad, make an appearance at a far-right event where a speaker advocated "hangings” for those who commit election fraud, and frequently join Lindell’s livestreaming website, Frank Speech. At one point, Peters went into hiding at a Lindell “safe house.”

Controversy swirled around Peters even before Trump’s 2020 loss.

In 2019, her office allegedly left 570 ballots uncounted and let others escape from a ballot drop box. Patti Inscho, a former Mesa County Clerk employee, was enlisted to help Peters get organized—but Peters fired her within two months. A Peters staffer then sued Inscho, alleging delinquency.

“Tina didn’t want to fight facts,” Inscho told The Daily Beast at the time. “She wanted to damage people. She did and said a lot of things about me that are untrue. It hurt my reputation, and it’s hard to fight back against.”

Anderson, the primary winner who will be the Republican on the ballot on Election Day, has publicly declared that there is no evidence of fraud in the 2020 presidential vote.

In a statement after the victory, she said that if she is elected the state’s top election officer, she “will support local election officials through reliance on evidence-based elections, adherence to the law, training, and funding resources.

“I will be the fair referee for Colorado to continue to improve both access for voters and securing and enhancing our elections. These efforts won’t be driven by partisan politics or campaign talking points but focused on policy and rebuilding confidence in our elections by removing the rhetoric and outright lies that are driving debates in echo chambers.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mesa-c...state?ref=home
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 06-29-2022 at 06:55 AM.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    To be fair, my lot is Canadian. Unlike the Brits and Yanks, our politicians are all intelligent, competent, honourable, honest, and always put the public good ahead of personal ambition.
    You forgot the sarcasm in emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    "Render unto Caesar those things that are Caesar's and render unto God those things which are God's"
    Some guy said that long, long ago and I'm good with it.
    If Boebert read more about this guy, and she might just start to understand what he was really about.
    Something else these churchy folks need to think about.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Their theology is prejudice, hate, hubris and pride.

Yet Boebert won her primary yesterday, by a hefty margin. Her district's voters don't want a rational and measured Republican, they want her.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Yet Boebert won her primary yesterday, by a hefty margin. Her district's voters don't want a rational and measured Republican, they want her.
    Thats how the system works.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Their theology is prejudice, hate, hubris and pride.
    I have been thrown out of many churches, never heard this before..

Sounds like a liberal preaching .

no it's not. most of her money to campaign and spread lies is from out of state, paid for by lying traitors with an agenda that is not in the best interests of Americans.

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...?cid=N00045974
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys
    I have been thrown out of many churches, never heard this before.
    It must suck to be so unpopular.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    I have been thrown out of many churches, never heard this before.
    I'm trying to think of what it might take to get thrown out of a church.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    I'm trying to think of what it might take to get thrown out of a church.
    Probably those churches that practice obscene stories, voluptuous debaucheries, cruel and torturous executions, and unrelenting vindictiveness...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Probably those churches that practice obscene stories, voluptuous debaucheries, cruel and torturous executions, and unrelenting vindictiveness...
    I am more inclined to blame the actual bigots involved than the 'churches' that they claim to belong to.

Boebert 65%

Coram 35%
    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

I have been thrown out of many churches, never heard this before..

Sounds like a liberal preaching .
    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Just hit ALT-b for bobbys questions.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

One wonders how the adolescent-minded Ms. Boebert might feel about a Catholic or liberal Protestant church “leading the government”. God forbid a Jewish or Muslim church directing government.

She has lived only in a world where 95% of people are white and evangelical Christian.

I’d feel sorry for her ignorant self-assurance, except that she has social media reach (if no actual influence in her day job).

Where public dollars are involved, all subsidies and all contracting with religious bodies to provide educational services, including all ancillary services, must be terminated. Otherwise you cannot refuse to do business with the Scientologists or the Manson Family just because their religious teachings violate your moral principles about what your tax dollars should be used to teach.

Moreover, the curriculum taught at participating private schools need not even resemble that taught in the Maine public schools.

Carson v. Makin, June 21 2022

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...-1088_dbfi.pdf
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

Moreover, the curriculum taught at participating private schools need not even resemble that taught in the Maine public schools.

Carson v. Makin, June 21 2022

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinion...-1088_dbfi.pdf
    Another bloody stupid ruling by the SCOTUS.

There has to be a standard curriculum, otherwise the students are being sold down the river, and may not reach their full potential in education or employment.
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerie Maa View Post

There has to be a standard curriculum, otherwise the students are being sold down the river, and may not reach their full potential in education or employment.
    I tend to agree with you--for one thing, I think most of the nations rated tops for education currently have a standard national curriculum, or something close to it. But this is longstanding tradition in the U.S., so not anything that can be blamed on the current Supreme Court.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    I tend to agree with you--for one thing, I think most of the nations rated tops for education currently have a standard national curriculum, or something close to it. But this is longstanding tradition in the U.S., so not anything that can be blamed on the current Supreme Court.

Tom
    Does that quoted clause not reinforce the president?
    Make it harder for a responsible government having a good uniform standard put in place?
    SCOTUS runs off at its collective mouth far too much.

That's a double-edged sword. While some schools (particularly Evangelical & Montessori) may give a student a limited or substandard education, there are many private schools that give a far better education than public schools. I was lucky enough to go to one of the latter & was amazed when I'd talk to friends in public school about certain topics (history in particular) & I'd mention something & they'd just give me a blank look.

Additionally - I don't think I want Mitch McConnell & his ilk deciding what kids should be learning.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Is this the Christian nationalism thread?

https://www.americanprogress.org/art...gious-freedom/

Christian Nationalism Is ‘Single Biggest Threat’ to America’s Religious Freedom
    An Interview With Amanda Tyler of the Baptist Joint Committee

Religious freedom expert Amanda Tyler, of the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty, discusses the latest court cases and trends in religious freedom.

Have SCOTUS shot themselves, and the courts' future standing, in the foot so to speak?

Does that quoted clause not reinforce the president?
    Make it harder for a responsible government having a good uniform standard put in place?
    SCOTUS runs off at its collective mouth far too much.
    The idea of "local control" of U.S. schools is so firmly established that the precedent hardly needs reinforcing at this point. I'd say, the quoted clause relies on that tradition, and uses it (incorrectly) to support its latest ruling that government should support religious indoctrination.

So again, while I agree that "local control" is a mistake--for one thing, it's most often invoked as a protection for reactionary anti-liberal school policies that would likely run afoul of a uniform national curriculum--it's a sideline at best in the context of the court's ruling here.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post

Additionally - I don't think I want Mitch McConnell & his ilk deciding what kids should be learning.
    That is a big flaw in your system.
    Our governments appoint elected representatives to be responsible for policies like education. They have a department of public servants working for them to improve and oversee the curriculum and its delivery. They are not hostages to any whacked out political party that weins control for a year or so.

That is a big flaw in your system.
    Our governments appoint elected representatives to be responsible for policies like education. They have a department of public servants working for them to improve and oversee the curriculum and its delivery. They are not hostages to any whacked out political party that weins control for a year or so.

Go ask Florida and Texas about teaching CRT.. Heck, go ask them what CRT really means.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by bob winter View Post
    How can these people get nominated, much less win? There is something wrong with the system.
    I've said often; lies are what's wrong with our system.

People will believe what they wish if given different sets of 'facts' to choose from.

I knew many, for example, who believed the alternative facts presented by the tobacco industry. "KNEW" because they all died of lung cancer from smoking.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by robm View Post
    That is a good point. You got fairly competent people in charge for quite a long time. Crazy stuff has happened recently.
    FOX news is relatively recent.

Watergate is often cited. At that time everyone may have held varied opinions, but, near as I can remember, all had the same set of facts. That's not the case today.

How many people believed, maybe still believe, Obama was not born in Hawaii?

When the senate held the floor debate on the ACA, republicans cited a bunch of stuff that democrats had to point out WASN'T IN THE BILL.

Much of the public, based on news sources, only heard the GOP lies. They heard their 'news' tell them Hillary was responsible for deaths that GOP run hearings cleared her of.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I guess the question is one of what those who voted for her opponent in the primary will do in the general.