Thread: Susan Collins

Default Susan Collins

Dumb as a box of rocks...
    Said after the first impeachment trial:

“I believe that the president has learned from this case” and he “will be much more cautious in the future.”

Default Re: Susan Collins

She doesn't actually believe that, is my opinion. Just trying to placate those who wish she weren't metaphorically spineless.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

pleasing platitudes for patsies.

There is nothing dumb about her. She knows the way to stay in office. The problem is that honesty isn't the way.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    There is nothing dumb about her. She knows the way to stay in office. The problem is that honesty isn't the way.
    I get asked about her often in my Midwest household. I try to explain what Maine's political demographics are like. It all gets forgotten and then she's in the spotlight again and the same questions start. At least in my Better RIGHT than elected wing of the party, no one ever has questions about where our reps stand...

I am sure that like Dracula, Moderate Republicans even have difficulty finding their own reflection in a mirror.

A few years ago a guy my wife grew up with, went to school with, and knew as a friend, ran and was elected to the United States Congress (as a Republican). As soon as Trump was elected it was like his whole personality changed. It was like he was just some sort of automaton, a Dalek or something, just doing what Trump told him to do, or what he thought Trump wanted him to do.

Thankfully he decided he wanted the spot that Doug Jones held, the one that the football coach won, and he was defeated in a landslide in the primary, his political career pretty much over. I don't know how Trump did this stuff that he did. Did he really just threaten and bully these people, and did they really care so little about the respect of the people that they were supposed to represent to just give away their souls, assuming that they ever really had one.

I consider most of the Republicans in Congress to be traitors of the worst kind, traitors to the oath that they took, that they would allow Donald Trump to come as close as he did to becoming a dictator just to keep themselves in office.
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I consider most of the Republicans in Congress to be traitors of the worst kind, traitors to the oath that they took, that they would allow Donald Trump to come as close as he did to becoming a dictator just to keep themselves in office.
    Yes, exactly this.

How could it ever be worth it to sell out to Trump and Trumpism at any price? He owns the party, with a handful of notable exceptions. The non-exceptions are beneath contempt.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com