Thread: Clarence Thomas...

Default Clarence Thomas...

WARNING PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR SARCASM METER. Mr. Thomas thinks that the SCOTUS should revue contraception and same sex marriages. Well while we're at it why don't we revue interracial marriages and the right of an African American to hold public office? I mean if you wish to return to pre civil war norms, let's go all in! Your country is in the ditch and I'm afraid it's headed for that oak tree....

Default Re: Clarence Thomas...

Clarence and Ginni may be in for a surprise if the rest of the conservative justices decide Loving should go away.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Amazing what the electoral college and apathetic majority can do.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    WARNING PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR SARCASM METER. Mr. Thomas thinks that the SCOTUS should revue contraception and same sex marriages. Well while we're at it why don't we revue interracial marriages and the right of an African American to hold public office? I mean if you wish to return to pre civil war norms, let's go all in! Your country is in the ditch and I'm afraid it's headed for that oak tree....
    The north west shore of Lake Ontario concurs with these remarks.

CT... and his wife... are evil.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Miller View Post
    The north west shore of Lake Ontario concurs with these remarks.
    This bit of the Northwest corner of the US does as well.

I hold Biden responsible for Coke Can Clarence the Pervert, a disgusting and repulsive individual, being in our court.
    The rest of that lot are on McConnell and the radical and corrupt republican party.

But... I will still vote for Biden tomorrow over any other alternative today

How long before they repeal the right to contraceptives?

Quote Originally Posted by LOKI View Post
    "All rulings that concern the 14th Amendment's due process clause" — there are a lot of decisions grounded in the 14th Amendment's due process clause, and not just "Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell" (contraception access, anti-sodomy laws, and same-sex marriage respectively)..

https://www.businessinsider.com/just...arriage-2022-6

Justice Thomas says the Supreme Court should 'reconsider' rulings that protect access to contraception and same-sex marriage as the court overturns Roe v. Wade

Thomas, . . . called for the court to examine all rulings that concern the 14th Amendment's due process clause, specifically pointing out decisions that protected contraception access, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriages. The due process clause ensures that any American has the right to due process before someone can take away their inalienable rights.

"For that reason, in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell," Thomas, widely considered to be the court's most conservative justice, wrote in a concurring opinion.

Some of the decisions that Thomas would like to review include (https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...th-amendment):

- Gideon v. Wainwright —*Right to an attorney.

- Mapp v. Ohio — Use of evidence obtained in an illegal search.

- Gitlow v. New York — Bill of Rights protections extended to state and local governments, not just the Federal government.

- Lochner v. New York — Wage and hours laws.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

The 'originalists' on SCOTUS, Clarence Thomas being one, should visit another issue where the US has veered away from what is literally in the Constitution:

Article 1 Section 8 says among other things
    To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
    To provide and maintain a Navy;
    Nowhere does the Constitution mention the Air Force, the Space Agency, the US Cyber Command.

How is it that these branches of the US military were overlooked in 1787?

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    CT... and his wife... are evil.
    And what are the consequences? Not a one.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Consequences for such as he are not always immediate, or even soon.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

Has anyone ever heard Clarence talk or does his wife do that for him?

"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

It makes me boil when people laud George Bush the First. That guy was a complete tool of Big Oil, gave us Dan Quayle and Clarence Thomas, AND his miserable son. Puh-lease.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Every Republican is an obstacle to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    It makes me boil when people laud George Bush the First. That guy was a complete tool of Big Oil, gave us Dan Quayle and Clarence Thomas, AND his miserable son. Puh-lease.
    My dad was an oil guy and Republican. Had no good words to say about Bush Sr.

Time to invest in Church and Dwight?? Trojan is one of their brands....
    "So we beat on, paddleboats against the wake of a neighbor’s jet ski, born back ceaselessly into the past." The Great Lakes Gatsby

What's Thomas gon'na do when they reverse inter-racial marriage? Go whiteface? Or will she go black-face?

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Well, his ilk do a lot of damage, some of it virtually impossible to repair.

But one consequence--and really, not one I take lightly--is that he has to be the person he is, and live that life. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Even him.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

I'm very glad that he's an American. Well, at least, I'm very glad that he's not a New Zealander because thats where I live and I dont want him here.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

Cool Re: Clarence Thomas...

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

I'm reading and hearing on Sunday's talking heads that he doesn't have the other 4 votes he needs to change the birth control or gay marriage laws.

So, let's thank him. Perhaps this will just bring the liberals to the polls who too often stay away.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

The Federalist Society called Hill a liar. And claims based on unsupported claims that so did Biden.
    (https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/14...court-nominee/)

Biden treated Hill badly, has made a somewhat smarmy 'apology',and failed to put it all to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    What's Thomas gon'na do when they reverse inter-racial marriage? Go whiteface? Or will she go black-face?
    Retire, pack up the money, pull up the tent and move to some civilized country. Most likely in the anglo-sphere because it's unlikely they speak any other language.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

Funny, how many times were there threads and comments about him not speaking and insinuating he was dumb, yet now he was a main motivator to bring big decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Funny, how many times were there threads and comments about him not speaking and insinuating he was dumb, yet now he was a main motivator to bring big decisions.
    Funny how you wont answer this

1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McColgin View Post
    The Federalist Society called Hill a liar. And claims based on unsupported claims that so did Biden.
    (https://thefederalist.com/2022/02/14...court-nominee/)

Biden treated Hill badly, has made a somewhat smarmy 'apology',and failed to put it all to rest.
    And we are all paying for it now
    Except BS, maybe Biden is his hero now?

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Retire, pack up the money, pull up the tent and move to some civilized country. Most likely in the anglo-sphere because it's unlikely they speak any other language.
    And who'd have them? They'd likely not get into Aus or NZ on character grounds. How about Mexico?

You have to wonder what the 'comversations' are like between Justice Thomas and Chief Justice Roberts, who thought he was 'running the show' - - - I am sure they are 'interesting' in their own way

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Actually. it's a classic example of "Better to be silent & have people think you a fool than to open your mouth & prove it".

How anyone could support 2 such obviously nasty mean people amazes me. You seem like a guy who prefers to go through life happily & letting other people live their lives - so how does a person who feels that way support someone who is both nasty & intent on telling people what to do? Whatever happened to freedom? IS that only when it comes to guns?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green