Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is just unacceptable

Default This is just unacceptable

Cmon, really?

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The former Wisconsin Supreme Court justice hired to investigate President Joe Biden's victory in the battleground state testified Thursday that he routinely deleted records, and deactivated a personal email account, even after receiving open records requests.

Michael Gableman testified in a court hearing about whether the person who hired him, Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos, should face penalties after earlier being found in contempt for how he handled the records requests from American Oversight.

Dane County Circuit Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn decided against penalizing Vos for contemp, but said she would determine later whether to penalize Vos for how he handled open records requests. She set a hearing for July 28.

Bailey-Rihn said that Gableman gave often conflicting testimony, but it was clear that he had destroyed records “that were contrary to what fits into the scheme of things.”
    Vos hired Gableman a year ago, under pressure from Donald Trump, to investigate the former president’s loss to Biden by just under 21,000 votes in Wisconsin. The investigation has cost taxpayers about $900,000 so far. Biden’s victory has survived two recounts, multiple lawsuits, a nonpartisan audit and a review by a conservative law firm.

Default Re: This is just unacceptable

Should get the Trump grifter fund to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Should get the Trump grifter fund to pay for it.

All elections need to be transparent and impartial.

I'm lost... the deletion of records and defiance of record-requests was done by Gableman? or by Vos? or both?

the person who really needs to answer some questions is the person responsible for approving the public-money spent down that rabbit-hole.
    What color are their hands now?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I'm lost... the deletion of records and defiance of record-requests was done by Gableman? or by Vos? or both?

the person who really needs to answer some questions is the person responsible for approving the public-money spent down that rabbit-hole.
    I think it was Gableman

Oh, you guys. This has been going on in Wisconsin since 2009/1010.

Wisconsin was Trumpland before there was a Trump. In many ways, the nation is only catching up to our hyper-partisan, anti-rule of law Republican tactics just now, 10 years later.

While serving as a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice, this Gableman *******ucker supported justice Prosser after he (Prosser) was involved in a physical confrontation in which he actually grabbed another sitting justice (a woman) by the throat in a chokehold during a court session:

It is unlikely Prosser will face any discipline, however. Prosser is part of a four-justice conservative majority on the seven-member court. His three allies – Michael Gableman, Patience Rogensack...
    Source

Of course, Prosser was not disciplined. He had his pre-Trump Trumpers back him up instead.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    I think it was Gableman
    Yep. Gableman, who was hired (for over $600,000 at this point) to do an "investigation" by Vos. Vos, too, has been uncooperative and defiant of the rule of law.

During one of the judge's reviews of this whole debacle, they had Gableman turn in all records he had. The judge said something like, "Not only is there no reason to withhold these investigation records from the public, but I don't see any evidence that any investigating has actually been done."

Sheer incompetence, and utter corruption. Classic Trumper profile.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    has been uncooperative and defiant of the rule of law.

Tom
    it is the republican way
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Yep. That's Robin Vos. And all of his Republican allies.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

All elections need to be transparent and impartial.
    convince the Maggats who support The Big Lie.

Is your judicial system at risk, seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    You're being optimistic.

In Wisconsin, the state Supreme Court, way back in 2010, ruled that an investigation into illegal campaign activities had to be ended. Some of the illegal activity that had already been uncovered was that Republican governor Scott Walker had received illegal aid from conservative groups.

Some of those conservative groups had made significant campaign contributions to the present conservative Supreme Court justices. By the court's rules, those justices would have been required to recuse themselves. Instead, the court, with a conservative majority, simply voted to eliminate any requirement for justices to recuse themselves from cases involving their own campaign donors.

And then, with no need to recuse, the Supreme Court (with a conservative majority) simply voted to end the investigation into the activities of their own donors.

That's what our judicial system looks like. Lock stock barrel and shell, pure hyperpartisan Republican.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Oh, you guys. This has been going on in Wisconsin since 2009/1010.

Wisconsin was Trumpland before there was a Trump. In many ways, the nation is only catching up to our hyper-partisan, anti-rule of law Republican tactics just now, 10 years later.

While serving as a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice, this Gableman *******ucker supported justice Prosser after he (Prosser) was involved in a physical confrontation in which he actually grabbed another sitting justice (a woman) by the throat in a chokehold during a court session:

Source

Of course, Prosser was not disciplined. He had his pre-Trump Trumpers back him up instead.

Tom
    Thats a whole lotta TDS.

Why , we have a kangaroo court as we speak.

HEY BOBBYS!!

Did Joe Biden legitimately win the 2020 election? If not, why not?
    Do you approve of the attempt to disrupt the certification of the electoral vote on January 6th, 20201? If so, explain.

If you have any integrity at all, answer the damn questions.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    why, the royal we arranges phrases like a monkey at a keyboard.

Hey, don't go insulting good upstanding monkeys like that!
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    HEY BOBBYS!!

Kind of says it all doesn’t it?

That you Jeffrey Clark?

What is unacceptable?
    I thought the Kochs would buy only the best judges...
    Perhaps you are referring to this bit?
    Yes, I can see why you find it unacceptable

Following Biden's inauguration in 2021, Wisconsin Republicans hired Gableman to investigate the conduct of the 2020 United States presidential election in Wisconsin. Gableman issued subpoenas to a number of local officials in Green Bay and Milwaukee, subsequently making the embarrassing admission that he didn't actually understand how elections were supposed to be conducted

On June 15, 2022, Gableman was found in contempt by Circuit Court Judge Frank Remington after he refused to answer questions in the courtroom after being subpoenaed to appear. The Court stated, "Gableman's demeaning conduct has discredited the profession and every other person sworn 'to commit themselves to live by the constitutional processes of our system'." The Court imposed fines on Gableman of $2,000 a day until he complies with court orders related to the open records requests, [36] and reported his conduct to Wisconsin's Office of Lawyer Regulation for "appropriate disciplinary action."
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gableman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    idot
    And one-eyed too!
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Thats a whole lotta TDS.
    Actually Alvin it’s crooked and incompetent Trump in a nutshell. For some strange reason you are unable to process the simple words from that article. Come on, take off the clown nose and acknowledge reality. TFG lied about voter fraud and losing the election. Can’t you read what’s in front of you? The big crook hired little crooks and Republican election officials stated there was no voter fraud.

Vos hired Gableman a year ago, under pressure from Donald Trump,

And while we're at it, I have a mob of kangaroos right here voicing their complaint about ongoing and derogatory references to their courting. They state that it's entirely unfair as their courting is precious, sacred and beautiful. Bearing no relation whatsoever to the malignant goings-on in various fascist regimes elsewhere. So there!

I have to say I agree with them, if only because they can carry a lot of stones in those pouches.
    Rick

Our judicial system has failed​!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    HEY BOBBYS!!

Did Joe Biden legitimately win the 2020 election? If not, why not?
    Do you approve of the attempt to disrupt the certification of the electoral vote on January 6th, 20201? If so, explain.

You included 'integrity' in a message to bbbbbbbbs!

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Unacceptable? I agree.

But it is behavior entirely consistent with today's Republican party. The party where just plain old ultra-conservatives are currently fighting a rearguard action against the advancing takeover by the Trump/Nihilist wing of the party.

Time you opened your eyes.

Might I suggest the 'Republicans Lie' thread?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

The swing away from facts, and toward a power-first, embrace the concentration of wealth and power, approach started before Reagan, but really took off during his presidency. Nixon tried out the 'BigLie' approach (The black bag Watergate burglary and 'I am NOT a crook', for instance), but it didn't fly. The R's still had too much personal integrity to fall for it. Reagan was more personable, believable, and likeable. He sold it. Welfare Queens, Trickle-down, etc.

If you want to quit blindly and foolishly parroting the party line, and really look at what your party has been up to... this is a good place to start --

Granderson: Today's Republican Party is not about 'support the troops' or 'law and order'

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...an-6-committee
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Thats a whole lotta TDS.
    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    Their system is ahead of ours by leaps and bounds!
    Rick

Cmon, really?
    When you're right, you're right. How did that guy get to be a lawyer, let alone a state supreme court justice? It must have been politics all the way.

I would like to thank the academy, the press, my agent, my God, mom, apple pie, the 62 mets, but in all honesty its no hard feat
    To trigger libs and send them into a ad hominem rage. Its not easy to get them all together in one thread but again i thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    You included 'integrity' in a message to bbbbbbbbs!

I remember when i added a extra n to a forum members name and i faced a lib gauntlet. Just more lib hypocrisy on display.

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Unacceptable? I agree.

But it is behavior entirely consistent with today's Republican party.
    You like to start dumpster fires. You paint an entire group of people with the same brand of thinking and then discount them all for it. There is a word for that: Prejudice.

I can't speak for Republicans because I am not a party member but I do consider myself conservative, and if you want to engage them in an actual discussion then you need to understand that ideology is not monolithic - people's views sit on an continuum. But you love to compartmentalize people and ideas - if it were limited to the color of ones skin, it would make you a racist.