Thread: Eastman pardon request

Default Eastman pardon request

Why didn't Trump pardon Eastman?
    Why did Eastman put his request for pardon in writing?
    Last edited by Bflat; 06-17-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Default Re: Eastman pardon request

Because Sdkidmark is an aerosol, and Eastman is an idiot?
    It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
    The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Eastman wasn’t macho enough for Donald.

No pardons = If I go down I'm taking you all with me.
    What color are their hands now?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    BINGO!! And you know TFG will blame everybody including Kremlin Barbie if it comes to it.

"Fifth... Fifth... Fifth..." One hundred times. His contempt was so rampant that he would not even speak a whole sentence.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

As far as pardons go, I'd like to see the president non pardonable. It really bothered me when Ford pardoned Nixon while all those who worked for Nixon did time.

No one is going to pardon Trump, I don't think. I'd just like to see it not possible legally.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

I suspect it was because from tRump's perspective Eastman didn't do anything for tRump. In other words Eastman's scheme didn't work, so tRump owes him nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    As far as pardons go, I'd like to see the president non pardonable. It really bothered me when Ford pardoned Nixon while all those who worked for Nixon did time.

No one is going to pardon Trump, I don't think. I'd just like to see it not possible legally.
    Remember that whatever the Democrats do to the criminal Republicans, the Republicans pay back ten fold. I have never seen any reason for indicting Clinton other than payback for Nixon.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Todd D View Post
    I suspect it was because from tRump's perspective Eastman didn't do anything for tRump. In other words Eastman's scheme didn't work, so tRump owes him nothing.
    ok that’s a better explanation than mine

At this point, there’s no evidence that Trump pardoned anyone for actions relating to January 6th or the election/subsequent claims.

if anyone can show there were any, I would like to hear about it.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Bflat View Post
    Why didn't Trump pardon Eastman?
    Why did Eastman put his request for pardon in writing?
    Eastman didn't offer to pay enough money
    Things are pretty simple with trump

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    At this point, there’s no evidence that Trump pardoned anyone for actions relating to January 6th or the election/subsequent claims.

if anyone can show there were any, I would like to hear about it.
    donald, and maybe Eastman genuinely thought donald would win, having swallowed their own propaganda whole?.

If accepting a pardon is a tacit admission of guilt then pardoning someone for doing something for you makes you guilty too, right?
    Steve

If you would have a good boat, be a good guy when you build her - honest, careful, patient, strong.
    H.A. Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by stromborg View Post
    If accepting a pardon is a tacit admission of guilt then pardoning someone for doing something for you makes you guilty too, right?
    That sounds right. Why do you suppose Eastman put his pardon request in writing? Sure makes it harder to deny that he made the request. Was he just careless?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    Perhaps Eastman's putting his request to trmp in writing is a message that if he, Eastman, goes down he'll make sure trmp does too. Pardon me or I'll help them nail you to the wall.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

ooooo

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post

"divine right of kings, in European history, a political doctrine in defense of monarchical absolutism, which asserted that kings derived their authority from God and could not therefore be held accountable for their actions by any earthly authority such as a parliament.

divine right of kings | Definition, History, & Facts | Britannica

"

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Remember that whatever the Democrats do to the criminal Republicans, the Republicans pay back ten fold. I have never seen any reason for indicting Clinton other than payback for Nixon.
    That's probably true, but it's not an excuse for failing to hold people accountable.

That said, we have a very poor history of holding rich/powerful people accountable. Ford Explorer rollovers killed over 400 people. Both Ford and Firestone knew what the problem was but declined to address until forced to. NO ONE WENT TO JAIL. The BP rig that exploded, along with dumping all that oil in the Gulf, killed a number of people. The rig never passed safety inspections. NO ONE WENT TO JAIL.

I don't know how to change this, but it needs to be changed. My protest was to tell the judge, last time I was called to jury duty, that I'd not convict poor folks as long as the wealthy don't even get arrested. It was also known at that time that Project Innocence found, when they could get DNA to test, proved over 1/3 of convicted people were innocent. Prosecution must have lied.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Trump said - just the other day - that if elected in 24 he'll pardon everyone convicted for Jan. 6th activities.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Trump said - just the other day - that if elected in 24 he'll pardon everyone convicted for Jan. 6th activities.
    And then he won’t have to pardon anyone anymore as that would pretty much be a declaration that Murica is done with the rule of law and providing for the general welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Which, according to a Republican Congressman, is an impeachable offense. (Dangling a pardon or pardons to get elected.)
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Which, according to a Republican Congressman, is an impeachable offense. (Dangling a pardon or pardons to get elected.)

I think that might only apply to an incumbent. One not in office cannot be impeached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
    I think that might only apply to an incumbent. One not in office cannot be impeached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It was specifically in reference to a presidential candidate, as it was a quid-pro-quo intended to get votes. To become the now impeachable incumbent.

Think of TFG promising pardons for those guilty of illegal actions against his political opponents to get him into office again. I’m sure there *should* be incitement charges against whomever made such promises on the campaign trail to actually incite such behavior by followers, but we know already that it will be dismissed as “free speech” and “legitimate political discourse”.
    -William A. Ward

Day after the pardon Eastman goes on TV and says, "Trump is a real jerk, believe me, I know. Here's a bunch more illegal stuff he wanted to do. I know because I explained how it would work."

Trump should worry that Biden will pardon Eastman, and/or other notables. "Fifth" boy would have to change his tune.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence