Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 58

Thread: Republicans Lie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Republicans Lie

    And their Right Wing media outlets help them. One example --

    Chambersburg Public Opinion
    Do Republican or Democratic states have more crime?

    However, we do need to be careful if the narrative we accept is just downright inaccurate, and we base our decisions on falsehoods. Take the crime rate for example.

    We have been told over and over again how Democrats are soft on crime. We have been told how Democratic cities and states have higher crime rates. How murder is rampant in Democratic-controlled cities and states.

    The Fox network, Newsmax and other right-wing propaganda machines have blamed Democrats for rising crime rates so often and for so long that many of us believe the narrative and have made it part of our knowledge base.

    Except it is wrong.

    On the one hand, it is accurate that the murder rate in the U.S. has gone up at an alarming rate. On the other hand, despite the right-wing media narrative to the contrary, this is a problem that afflicts Republican-run cities and states more than Democratic areas.

    In fact, in 2020, the per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden, according to Washington think tank Third Way. Think about that. In eight of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020, Americans voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century.

    The problem is that reducing murder rates is not about pointing a finger at others, avoiding the problem by putting your head in the sand, but rather accepting responsibility for the problem and resolving it.......

    https://www.publicopiniononline.com/...r/65360866007/
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    And we all suffer for it --

    American democracy is more vulnerable now than on Jan. 6, Schiff says amid hearings

    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/16/1105600339/january-6-house-committee-capitol-donald-trump-schiff?sc=18&f=1001&fbclid=IwAR32RuxnE-9tGNpL0abs2kSfuYRsv9zop0vfKmjw4bDdprbdFCbWn1mUTso
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    39,302

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    I think the greater crime rate in Republican states probably has little to do with being soft on crime and more to do with social programs.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

    "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I think the greater crime rate in Republican states probably has little to do with being soft on crime and more to do with social programs.
    Yes, which is the opposite of their narrative they spew. Opposite of the facts. They claim it's higher in D states/cities because Ds policies are wrong-headed.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    34,867

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I think the greater crime rate in Republican states probably has little to do with being soft on crime and more to do with social programs.
    Well, the red states have touted excellent benefits for crime, free room and board with free training for future criminals from the best teachers available.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie


    Dr. Oz Reverses Himself on Science for GOP Votes

    Last month, Dr. Mehmet Oz drew a hard line between his two competing selves—his life as a physician, and his newfound identity as a Republican candidate for Senate.

    “When you mix politics and medicine, you get politics,” Oz said in an interview on the right-leaning Real America’s Voice network in May. “We cannot hurt our children by doing that again.”

    Oz wasn’t exactly talking about himself; he was making a point about transgender children. But the way he’s cleaved his past medical expertise from his present personality as a political candidate, he very well could have been.


    For years, millions of viewers tuned in to Oz’s Oprah-boosted daytime talk show for a medical expert’s take on the issues of the day. But now, the issues of the day appear to have the upper hand, as Oz abandons his previous medical opinions for right-wing political appeal.

    Daniel Summers, a Boston-area pediatrician and writer, pointed to Oz’s slow but steady descent into quackery as his fame increased, adding that this thirst for attention has only sharpened with his Senate run.

    “Throughout his career in the public eye, Oz has shown a distressing willingness to say or do things he knows aren’t backed by medical science in service to his own fame,” Summers told The Daily Beast, citing Oz’s promos for snake-oil supplements and unproven COVID treatments.

    “It’s only going to get worse as he tries to entice people to vote for him,” Summers continued. “Medical facts will take a backseat to whatever he thinks he’ll need to say to win. The hard-won credibility his expertise as a surgeon got him has been sold cheap for the favor of voters who’d rather be told what they want to hear than what science actually says.”

    Since announcing his Senate bid last November, Oz has walked back previous positions on a number of health-related matters, including gun control, abortion, transgender acceptance issues, and euthanasia—all of which he was for, and is now against.

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-oz-...-for-gop-votes
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    41,181

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Election Lies Still Dominate the G.O.P.


    The hearings have demolished the myth of a stolen presidential election, but with the 2022 primary season in full tilt, the revelations have not loosened the grip of the lie on Republicans.

    WASHINGTON — It was all a lie, the tales of stuffed ballot drop boxes, rigged voting machines, and constitutional “flexibility” that would have allowed Vice President Mike Pence to nullify the 2020 election results and send them back to Republican state legislatures.

    The first three hearings of the House Jan. 6 committee have deeply undercut, if not demolished, the postelection myths repeated incessantly by former President Donald J. Trump and his supporters and embraced and amplified by Republicans in Congress.

    A parade of Republican witnesses — his attorney general, William P. Barr, his daughter Ivanka Trump, and his own campaign lawyers — knew he had lost the election and told him so. Mr. Trump was informed that the demands he was making of Mr. Pence to block his defeat unilaterally were illegal. Even the most active coup plotter, the conservative lawyer John C. Eastman, conceded before Jan. 6 that his scheme was illegal and unconstitutional, then sought a presidential pardon after it led to mob violence.

    Yet the most striking revelation so far may be how deeply Mr. Trump’s disregard for the truth and the rule of law have penetrated into the Republican Party, taking root in the fertile soil of a right-wing electorate stewing in conspiracy theories and well tended by their media of choice. The Republican response to the hearings — a combination of indifference, diversion and doubling down — reflects how central the lie of a stolen election has become to the party’s identity.

    In Washington, Republicans in Congress have neither broken with Mr. Trump nor expended much energy trying to rebut the investigation’s findings. And from Nevada’s secretary of state race to Michigan’s contest for governor, Republican candidates have embraced the fictional conspiracy in their 2022 campaigns.

    “I have been fighting for safe, honest and transparent elections since before Jan. 6, and that fight continues,” said Michigan State Representative Steve Carra, whose re-election run has been blessed by Mr. Trump and who said Friday he has watched some but not much of the hearings. “Absentee ballots sent out unsolicited, signature verification relaxed, drop boxes all over the place, especially in Democratic area — it all deserves further scrutiny.”

    Like mint in the garden, the seeds that the Trump team planted between Election Day 2020 and Jan. 6, 2021, are now growing out of control, aided by the former president’s allies.

    Jarome Bell, a leading candidate to challenge Representative Elaine Luria, Democrat of Virginia, has been traveling her Republican-leaning district showing voters a film by the right-wing provocateur Dinesh D’Souza that pushes the bogus fraud claims. The hearings, he said on Friday, have had “no impact on me. ‘2000 Mules’ has a bigger impact on what truly happened.” He added, “the 1/6 commission is the cover-up.”

    One reason the falsehoods have flourished is the failure of Republicans who do not believe them to push back. Before the Jan. 6 hearings began, Republican leaders promised a robust “rapid response” effort to counter the narratives that would emerge.

    But there has been no such pushback from the Republican National Committee or any other organization to revelations that Mr. Trump continued to pressure Mr. Pence to overturn the election results, even after having been told doing so was illegal.

    No Republican leader offered a response to the testimony of retired federal appeals court Judge J. Michael Luttig, a revered conservative, who said on Thursday that Mr. Trump gave Mr. Pence an order whose execution would have prompted “the first constitutional crisis since the founding of the Republic.”

    None bothered to counter the panel’s finding, revealed on Monday, that Mr. Trump and his campaign raised hundreds of millions of dollars from supporters based on the false pretense of massive election fraud, using money collected for an election defense fund that did not exist.

    Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Senate minority leader, has chosen not to engage on the issue at all. And to the extent that they are trying to counterprogram the hearings, House Republicans have been prodding voters to look elsewhere — to rising gas prices, inflation and migrants at the southern border.

    Only Mr. Trump seems particularly irritated by the exercise, appalled by the testimony of his daughter, who shared details of his abusive phone call with Mr. Pence on the morning of Jan. 6 and said she trusted Mr. Barr’s judgment when he said that the 2020 election was not stolen.

    “It’s a one-way street, it’s a rigged deal, it’s a disgrace,” a thoroughly unrepentant Mr. Trump said on Friday at a speech in Nashville in which he called Jan. 6 “a simple protest that got out of hand” as he continued spinning out false claims and grand conspiracy theories of election fraud.

    But if his allies in Republican leadership are not countering the message that the attack was fueled by lies, neither are they acknowledging that the election was not stolen.

    And 50 years to the day after henchmen of Richard M. Nixon broke into Democratic headquarters in the Watergate Hotel, the hearings sparked by the two scandals are highlighting just how dramatically the Republican Party has changed. Then, key Republican leaders reacted to increasingly damning revelations about their president by siding with the Democrats and forcing Mr. Nixon from power. Today, Republican leaders are either silent or contemptuous of the committee uncovering a steady stream of misdeeds by Mr. Trump.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/17/u...sultPosition=2
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    David is the smartest , wittiest dude here!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    41,181

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    David is the smartest , wittiest dude here!
    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    [David is the smartest, wittiest dude here!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    1 Did Mr Biden legitimately win the 2020 presidential election? If not, why not?
    2. What do you think of the attempt to interfere by force with the electoral vote count on January 6, 2021? If you approve, explain.
    Don't distract him, he's on a roll.

    If he can realize THAT, anything is possible!!! His spelling even seems to be improving.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie


    GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger: 'My party has utterly failed the American people at truth'


    GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger, one of two Republicans in the Jan. 6 committee, said on Sunday that former President Donald Trump "knew what he was doing" ahead of the Capitol insurrection and his party has failed "at truth."

    In an interview with ABC's "This Week," when asked if he thinks Trump should be prosecuted, Kinzinger told host George Stephanopoulos, "I certainly think the president is guilty of knowing what he did, seditious conspiracy, being involved in these, you know, kind of different segments of pressuring the DOJ, vice president, et cetera."

    "Unfortunately, my party has utterly failed the American people at truth. It makes me sad, but it's a fact," Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the Jan 6. committee, said.

    https://www.insider.com/adam-kinzing...t-truth-2022-6
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    2,974

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Anyone that thinks only republicans and their state media lie should take up heavy drinking.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    2,974

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Anyone that thinks only republicans and their state media lie should take up heavy drinking.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    34,446

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    .
    Anyone who thinks the 21st century GQP is not historically corrupt and unashamedly craven should take up heavy drinking.
    "I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam. In my opinion, all right? Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that."Bill O'Reilly

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Lying Rudy and the party of Manufactured Grievances --

    Rudy claims he was 'assaulted' in a supermarket, called names, and was in danger of falling and busting open his skull and dying.

    Watch the video and decide for yourself. What a douce --

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giul...080938353.html
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    43,534

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    We are lied to constantly by politicians and some 'news' outlets. I see this as fraud. Most seem to accept it as free speech.

    Free speech, as I learned it, does not protect fraud, inciting violence, libel, or slander. A car dealer commits fraud he's apt to go to jail. A politician does it and he's apt to get elected.

    When Trump told his crowd to "beat the hell out of him...." that was inciting violence. Supposedly illegal.

    Anyone functioning under the umbrella of 'news' should be REQUIRED to get matters of fact correct. They are free to interpret those facts as they wish, but the facts themselves should be actual facts.

    When the Cyber Ninjas found no fraud, I'd have thought the GOP would stop pushing the narrative.

    My aunt and my brother, both deceased, were relatively intelligent people. They were FOX viewers, and they held an entirely different set of facts than I. Their 'facts' dictated their votes.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    And their Right Wing media outlets help them. One example --

    Chambersburg Public Opinion
    Do Republican or Democratic states have more crime?

    However, we do need to be careful if the narrative we accept is just downright inaccurate, and we base our decisions on falsehoods. Take the crime rate for example.

    We have been told over and over again how Democrats are soft on crime. We have been told how Democratic cities and states have higher crime rates. How murder is rampant in Democratic-controlled cities and states.

    The Fox network, Newsmax and other right-wing propaganda machines have blamed Democrats for rising crime rates so often and for so long that many of us believe the narrative and have made it part of our knowledge base.

    Except it is wrong.

    On the one hand, it is accurate that the murder rate in the U.S. has gone up at an alarming rate. On the other hand, despite the right-wing media narrative to the contrary, this is a problem that afflicts Republican-run cities and states more than Democratic areas.

    In fact, in 2020, the per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden, according to Washington think tank Third Way. Think about that. In eight of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020, Americans voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century.

    The problem is that reducing murder rates is not about pointing a finger at others, avoiding the problem by putting your head in the sand, but rather accepting responsibility for the problem and resolving it.......

    https://www.publicopiniononline.com/...r/65360866007/
    I guess it depends on how you look at it?

    I just got the top 10 deadliest cities as reported by CBS news.

    They are:
    by Rank, Mayor, Party Affiliation

    1. St. Louis, Trish Jones (D)
    2. Baltimore, Brandon Scott (D)
    3. Birmingham AL, Randall Woodfin, (D)
    4. Detroit, MI Mike Duggan, (D)
    5. Dayton, OH Jeffrey Mims, (D)
    6. Baton Rouge, Sharon Weston Broome (D)
    7. New Orleans, LaToya Cantrell, (D)
    8. Kansas City, MO, Quinton Lucas, (D)
    9. Memphis, TN, Jim Strickland, (D)
    10. Cleveland, OH, Justin Biggs, (D)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,606

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...ties-in-the-us

    All depends on how you 'massage the data/criteria' - and what your agenda is, eh? Shocked, I am! You're usually such a straight shooter!

    To determine which cities in the United States the most dangerous, 24/7 Wall Street looked at data from the FBI’s 2018 Uniform Crime Report, including each city’s murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Only cities with populations of 100,000 people or more were evaluated. The poverty rate and unemployment rate were also evaluated for each city, as these economic factors often correlate with crime rates. The 50 most dangerous cities in the United States were determined from this data.
    Based on this information, the ten most dangerous cities in the United States are:

    1. Detroit, MI
    2. Memphis, TN
    3. Birmingham, AL
    4. Baltimore, MD
    5. St. Louis, MO
    6. Kansas City, MO
    7. Cleveland, OH
    8. Little Rock, AR
    9. Milwaukee, WI
    10. Stockton, CA
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...ties-in-the-us

    All depends on how you 'massage the data/criteria' - and what your agenda is, eh? Shocked, I am! You're usually such a straight shooter!

    To determine which cities in the United States the most dangerous, 24/7 Wall Street looked at data from the FBI’s 2018 Uniform Crime Report, including each city’s murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Only cities with populations of 100,000 people or more were evaluated. The poverty rate and unemployment rate were also evaluated for each city, as these economic factors often correlate with crime rates. The 50 most dangerous cities in the United States were determined from this data.
    Based on this information, the ten most dangerous cities in the United States are:

    1. Detroit, MI
    2. Memphis, TN
    3. Birmingham, AL
    4. Baltimore, MD
    5. St. Louis, MO
    6. Kansas City, MO
    7. Cleveland, OH
    8. Little Rock, AR
    9. Milwaukee, WI
    10. Stockton, CA
    Of that impressive list you cite all have Democrats for Mayor except for #10, Stockton. Boy...... you sure told me off : )

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    I guess it depends on how you look at it?

    I just got the top 10 deadliest cities as reported by CBS news.

    They are:
    by Rank, Mayor, Party Affiliation

    1. St. Louis, Trish Jones (D)
    2. Baltimore, Brandon Scott (D)
    3. Birmingham AL, Randall Woodfin, (D)
    4. Detroit, MI Mike Duggan, (D)
    5. Dayton, OH Jeffrey Mims, (D)
    6. Baton Rouge, Sharon Weston Broome (D)
    7. New Orleans, LaToya Cantrell, (D)
    8. Kansas City, MO, Quinton Lucas, (D)
    9. Memphis, TN, Jim Strickland, (D)
    10. Cleveland, OH, Justin Biggs, (D)
    I post an article on state's crime rates, and you want to shift discussion to 'deadliest cities'? That logical fallacy is called 'moving the goalposts'.

    And even if we did want to talk about cities... you leave out relevant data. Slanted Claptrap IOW. Motivated Reasoning leading to being a Dishonest Correspondent.

    Be Better.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    I post an article on state's crime rates, and you want to shift discussion to 'deadliest cities'? That logical fallacy is called 'moving the goalposts'.

    And even if we did want to talk about cities... you leave out relevant data. Slanted Claptrap IOW. Motivated Reasoning leading to being a Dishonest Correspondent.

    Be Better.
    As I said in my post, it depends on how you want to look at it. When the GOP pundits talk about crime, they refer to cities more than states. The person who wrote the article decided to look at states AND who the people voted for rather than who ran the cities/states in which the crime occurred.

    Did you ever stop to think that possibly Trump voters voted that way because they were alarmed by the violence in their state in the first place. In other words, it was not causal to the crime, but reacting to it?

    I thought not.

    I will be better, but will you?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    As I said in my post, it depends on how you want to look at it. When the GOP pundits talk about crime, they refer to cities more than states. The person who wrote the article decided to look at states AND who the people voted for rather than who ran the cities/states in which the crime occurred.

    Did you ever stop to think that possibly Trump voters voted that way because they were alarmed by the violence in their state in the first place. In other words, it was not causal to the crime, but reacting to it?

    I thought not.

    I will be better, but will you?
    Yes, I had thought of that. Because that's the way they perceive reality. Because [see OP]
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Yes, I had thought of that. Because that's the way they perceive reality. Because [see OP]
    You thought it? I would never have posted such a flimsy article.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,606

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Sure you would've; don't sell yerself short-er.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Sure you would've; don't sell yerself short-er.
    Meh

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    You thought it? I would never have posted such a flimsy article.
    Flimsy, you say. How so? Surely, such a flimsy essay could be easily rebutted. Instead you charge off into logical fallacies, and spin. But feel free to give it another shot. With facts, data, sound logic, and intellectual integrity this time.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norwalk CT
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
    Anyone that thinks only republicans and their state media lie should take up heavy drinking.
    How many democrats have lied about election fraud? Other than Fox, how many reputable media outlets have pushed the big lie about rampant election fraud?

    How many democrats have been involved in phony slates of elector schemes? How many democrats have filed spurious law suits about supposed elector fraud?

    Please be specific.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Flimsy, you say. How so? Surely, such a flimsy essay could be easily rebutted. Instead you charge off into logical fallacies, and spin.
    I did, you just don't want to see it.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    I post an article on state's crime rates, and you want to shift discussion to 'deadliest cities'?
    Maybe you should read what you post......


    In fact, in 2020, the per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden, according to Washington think tank Third Way. Think about that. In eight of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020, Americans voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    82,467

    Default Re: Republicans Lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatbum View Post
    I did, you just don't want to see it.
    No, you didn't. You changed the subject. Now... maybe you could make a connection and show your logic for doing so (I remain skeptical), but you chose not to. Leaving us skeptics to call bs. As an effort at rebuttal... it was a total fail.

    But, as I said, feel free to give it another shot. With facts, data, sound logic, and intellectual integrity this time. I'm thinking, one more fail and I will give up... conclude that you are incapable of adult-level discussion.
    Last edited by David G; 06-27-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA
    Posts
    26,452

    Default Re: Republicans Lie


  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Coast, Ca
    Posts
    34,867

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •