Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 105 of 206

Thread: Biden 2024.

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    cedar savage being milo j christensen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    i feel a certain kinship with dunphy though
    i learned to sail on a wooden snipe that had been in my family since the 1950's
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,334

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    That'd be a good trick!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,552

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Milo? Could be! But didn't he have some significant health problems? I hope he's OK.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  5. #75
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    I thought Milo had mental health problems bubbling over the top.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Saint Helena Island, SC
    Posts
    12,465

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    just a variation on the same theme - you still want to tell women what they can do.

    AFA 'tying their tubes' - sure. We call it a vasectomy (first strike) and after that - emasculation.

    Hows that work for ya?
    Yes, Iím telling them you canít keep spitting out offspring and expecting others to pick up the tab.
    The Vasectomy part sounds like a fantastic idea, and yes itís only fair. Thatíll cut down on the number of abortions and vasectomyís are cheaper.
    Good call, youíll be my choice of VP when I run in 2024!
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

  7. #77
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Yes, I’m telling them you can’t keep spitting out offspring and expecting others to pick up the tab.
    The Vasectomy part sounds like a fantastic idea, and yes it’s only fair. That’ll cut down on the number of abortions and vasectomy’s are cheaper.
    Good call, you’ll be my choice of VP when I run in 2024!
    You know that telling thing doesn’t work.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,471

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    Changing indeed.





    A lot of these polls aren't clear about the distiction of where in the trimester the abortion occurs.

    The new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research finds 61% of Americans say abortion should be legal in most or all circumstances in the first trimester of a pregnancy. However, 65% said abortion should usually be illegal in the second trimester, and 80% said that about the third trimester.
    https://apnews.com/article/only-on-ap-us-supreme-court-abortion-religion-health-2c569aa7934233af8e00bef4520a8fa8

    Pretty sure AP is considered one of the trusted sites here


    Last edited by Boatbum; 06-15-2022 at 12:08 PM.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Posts
    12,985

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Agree with all but your last point. I believe Dems realize Biden would get smoked, and so will make a more dynamic choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Iíve always liked Biden as a senator. But I really wish the Dems could field some dynamic and charismatic young powerhouse for 2024. But barring a health issue with Joe, it probably wonít happen.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gauteng, South Africa
    Posts
    589

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    i will put a thou on biden to be re-elected.

    you haters got any money, or just jibber jabber
    I'll take that bet. To provide some context, in South African currency a thousand US is equal to the monthly salary of an average worker. The chances of Biden being around even in 2023 are slim. He is a geriatric that is hardly compos mentis. I don't watch US media, by the way.

    Feel free to get in touch to discuss the mechanics of settling.

  11. #81
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dog Ranch, USA
    Posts
    9,121

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Mr. Snipe is working from a script. Doing a fine job, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

  12. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Deerbrook WI USA
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Our power was off, and I'm a little behind. If someone is unwilling to acknowledge that there was wide spread cheating in the last election--and can even come across as smug and condescending in their denial--I just have conclude that either they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed. These same people no doubt still believe that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the 2016 election, and that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation, and it was perfectly acceptable for social media and news organizations everywhere to suppress any mention of it two weeks out from an election. I think the same goes for those who sanctimoniously choose not to acknowledge the scientific reality that there are two distinct individuals--the mother and the unborn child--involved in every abortion. Both have rights and responsibilities.

    Those arguing that unborn babies are not fully human, and though created, are somehow not entitle to life, remind me of pro slavery southerners 200 years ago arguing that Black Africans were not fully human either and therefore could be owned and ordered to work with a whip The irony that the vast majority of pro slavery and pro abortion radical were (and are) Democrats is not lost on me. Both slavery and abortion are moral issues, and both are routed in respect for life and religious faith.

    I'm not a debater, and I'm sorry to have disappointed some of you. I came here on a whim because I couldn't help noticing just about everyone here seemed to be sharing the same (in my view) mistaken political opinions. I wanted to show that not everyone lives in the same echo chamber. There are lots of ordinary people like me (I think some 81 million of us voted for Trump in the last election) and our world view is completely different from what I was seeing in the Bilge. Trump voters generally are religious, they are also patriotic, and proud of our nation's past, and still optimistic about what our country can become in the future. People like me believe in freedom and personal responsibility--and Capitalism. We say the Pledge of Allegiance and stand up for the National Anthem. We respect life from conception to natural death. Participating in the Bilge, I've discovered many of you do not believe in the same things I do and seemingly had a different life experience and education.

    People minds here seem pretty made up. That's their choice, and I guess it's okay. As some of you have noted, I've had my three strikes. My rhetoric may have been weak, but I have every confidence in my convictions. Time will tell they say. I tried in one of my first post here to describe the state of our country at the end of the Trump administration. I'll be very interested, and will be sure to check back in, to see how some of you will describe how things stand at the end of President Biden's term in 2024. And please no excuses about nasty Republicans getting in the way of progress because President Trump accomplished what he did with the Democrats and virtually the whole media establishment fighting him every step of the way. I hope at least some of you remember our little conversations and can take an honest look at both lists when the time comes.

    Jim
    Last edited by Dunphy Snipe; 06-15-2022 at 01:55 PM.

  13. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    19,952

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    If someone is unwilling to acknowledge that there was wide spread cheating in the last election--and can even come across as smug and condescending in their denial--I just have conclude that either they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed.

    Jim
    I'm sorry - on what evidence is that assertion based?
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  14. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,334

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    60+ investigations of claimed 'voter fraud' carried out after the last election - all by Republicans - and none of them found anything significant. In the Jan 6 hearings, across the board, all the testimony is that DFT is off his nut, and there was no fraud - and all those testifying have been Republicans, most serving in that Administration.

    Snipe is JAFT, likely someone's sock - and every last thing he/she/it claimed is a lie. I don't see any upside to 'debating' such an individual.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  15. #85
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    Our power was off, and I'm a little behind. If someone is unwilling to acknowledge that there was wide spread cheating in the last election--and can even come across as smug and condescending in their denial--I just have conclude that either they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed. These same people no doubt still believe that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the 2016 election, and that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation, and it was perfectly acceptable for social media and news organizations everywhere to suppress any mention of it two weeks out from an election. I think the same goes for those who sanctimoniously choose not to acknowledge the scientific reality that there are two distinct individuals--the mother and the unborn child--involved in every abortion. Both have rights and responsibilities.

    Those arguing that unborn babies are not fully human, and though created, are somehow not entitle to life, remind me of pro slavery southerners 200 years ago arguing that Black Africans were not fully human either and therefore could be owned and ordered to work with a whip The irony that the vast majority of pro slavery and pro abortion radical were (and are) Democrats is not lost on me. Both slavery and abortion are moral issues, and both are routed in respect for life and religious faith.

    I'm not a debater, and I'm sorry to have disappointed some of you. I came here on a whim because I couldn't help noticing just about everyone here seemed to be sharing the same (in my view) mistaken political opinions. I wanted to show that not everyone lives in the same echo chamber. There are lots of ordinary people like me (I think some 81 million of us voted for Trump in the last election) and our world view is completely different from what I was seeing in the Bilge. Trump voters generally are religious, they are also patriotic, and proud of our nation's past, and still optimistic about what our country can become in the future. People like me believe in freedom and personal responsibility--and Capitalism. We say the Pledge of Allegiance and stand up for the National Anthem. We respect life from conception to natural death. Participating in the Bilge, I've discovered many of you do not believe in the same things I do and seemingly had a different life experience and education.

    People minds here seem pretty made up. That's their choice, and I guess it's okay. As some of you have noted, I've had my three strikes. My rhetoric may have been weak, but I have every confidence in my convictions. Time will tell they say. I tried in one of my first post here to describe the state of our country at the end of the Trump administration. I'll be very interested, and will be sure to check back in, to see how some of you will describe how things stand at the end of President Biden's term in 2024. And please don't make any excuses about nasty Republicans getting in Biden's way because President Trump accomplished what he did with the Democrats and virtually the whole media establishment fighting him every step of the way. I hope at least some of you remember our little conversations and can take an honest look at both lists when the time comes.

    Jim
    Jim,
    Again, unsupported declarative statements is a weak position.
    Please cite the instances of “widespread cheating”. That is one of Trump’s main talking points designed to undermine confidence in the democratic process and justify his loss in the election. Funny he didn’t cite cheating where Republicans won elections.

    You declaration that the mother and unborn “both have rights and responsibilities” is nonsense. Do tell the responsibilities of a 3 mo. fetus.

    You don’t have to be a debater to support or state a belief but if you wish to impose your beliefs yet not support your argument you come across as someone who really can’t respect others beliefs.

    I understand quite well TFG’s support. It’s like Republicans who are pro-life then look the other way when somone in their family gets one.

  16. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Deerbrook WI USA
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Please reconsider my intended use of the phrase, "...they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed". In your case, I'm afraid they might both apply.

    Jim
    Last edited by Dunphy Snipe; 06-15-2022 at 02:07 PM.

  17. #87
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    60+ investigations of claimed 'voter fraud' carried out after the last election - all by Republicans - and none of them found anything significant. In the Jan 6 hearings, across the board, all the testimony is that DFT is off his nut, and there was no fraud - and all those testifying have been Republicans, most serving in that Administration.

    Snipe is JAFT, likely someone's sock - and every last thing he/she/it claimed is a lie. I don't see any upside to 'debating' such an individual.
    We might as well argue with bobbys. This is about belief, not reason and not reality. He believes there was fraud. The evangelicals believe their god works through Trump.

  18. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    19,952

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    60+ investigations of claimed 'voter fraud' carried out after the last election - all by Republicans - and none of them found anything significant. In the Jan 6 hearings, across the board, all the testimony is that DFT is off his nut, and there was no fraud - and all those testifying have been Republicans, most serving in that Administration.

    Snipe is JAFT, likely someone's sock - and every last thing he/she/it claimed is a lie. I don't see any upside to 'debating' such an individual.
    Spot on.

    When the Attorney General and the Justice Department as well as the Government's most senior cyber-security chief at DHS find NO evidence of voter fraud, you're now denying the assertions of those who would know. Nobody, literally nobody, has presented credible evidence of voter fraud of a magnitude necessary to have swayed the election results.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  19. #89
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    Please consider my intended use of, "...they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed". In your case, I believe they both apply.

    Jim
    Again with the declarative statements. In the beginning was the word doesn’t mean when you put words together you are creating reality.

    Can you do it, can you support your statement about voter fraud? This is very simple, like declaring the mood of the country is X with no proof and when shown it’s not X you dismiss the counterargument. You aren’t a child so stop arguing like a child.

  20. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,552

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    If someone is unwilling to acknowledge that there was wide spread cheating in the last election--and can even come across as smug and condescending in their denial--I just have conclude that either they are not paying attention or they are willfully misinformed.
    And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen, The Big Lie. No evidence whatsoever other than unsupported claims by a pathological narcissist, 60+ lawsuits that produced nothing, no evidence of significant fraud in any independent investigation - and yet he still believes it. Why?

    This is not a statement of ethics or values like the moral status of a human embryo; it's a statement about actual events in the real world. Yet still Mr. Snipe repeats a falsehood that has been exposed over and over and over.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 06-15-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  21. #91
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Spot on.

    When the Attorney General and the Justice Department as well as the Government's most senior cyber-security chief at DHS find NO evidence of voter fraud, you're now denying the assertions of those who would know. Nobody, literally nobody, has presented credible evidence of voter fraud of a magnitude necessary to have swayed the election results.
    Yeah but that’s because the AG and DOJ as well as the specific agencies certifying elections don’t have the special knowledge Trump and Jim have.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3f95BGIiA

    nobody knows more about fraud than Trump.
    Last edited by LeeG; 06-15-2022 at 02:10 PM.

  22. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    19,952

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    Yeah but that’s because the AG and DOJ as well as the specific agencies certifying elections don’t have the special knowledge Trump and Jim have.
    Careful, Lee. The resulting eyeroll might knock me outta my chair.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  23. #93
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Careful, Lee. The resulting eyeroll might knock me outta my chair.
    Fascinating isn’t it?

    “How can we tell she’s a witch?”

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

  24. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81,890

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wilson View Post
    And here we have it, ladies and gentlemen, The Big Lie. No evidence whatsoever other than unsupported claims by a pathological narcissist, 60+ lawsuits that produced nothing, no evidence of significant fraud in any independent investigation - and yet he still believes it. Why?

    This is not a statement of ethics or values like the moral status of a human embryo; it's a statement about actual events in the real world. Yet still Mr. Snipe repeats a falsehood that has been exposed over and over and over.


    AND... because every time a liberal attempts an adult conversation - based on facts, data, and mutual respect - with most of today's Republicans, it quickly devolves into a series of insulting lies, logical fallacies, rhetorical games, excuses, deflection, unbuttressed assertions which they consistently fail to back up, and suchlike. The R's have squandered their right to be treated collegially... and every time we attempt to grant it anyway... they squander it again.
    Last edited by David G; 06-15-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

    "It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

  25. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Deerbrook WI USA
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    I don't have the time or the inclination to, in a sense, defend my convictions in a virtual court of law with graphs and charts and polls. I'm just sharing what I, and many others, for very good reasons, believe to be true.

    Now tell us Lee, did you believe Trump colluded with the Russians in 2016 and Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? How about the Mueller investigations? Were you all on board? You are a big one for backing up assertions with evidence. The "evidence" in the incidences just mentioned simply didn't hold up. But liberals believed them--passionately--mostly because they wanted to.

    It is indisputable on it's face that Joe Biden "won" the 2020 election in part because the national media banned stories they deemed to be false, and censored individuals they alleged were spreading misinformation. What the media did just before the 2020 election ultimately has been demonstrated to have been dead wrong. It changed the results in a Presidential election, and no one is allowed to be upset about it. As I've said, just imagine if something like this had happened to one of your favorite Democrat candidates.

    Just as the truth came out about the laptop, and Russian collision in 2016--and the conscious of the nation came ultimately to accept Black Africans as fully human worthy to be free, the fact that the 2020 election was stolen will one day be accepted too. Same with abortion. As I say, "time will tell".

    Jim
    Last edited by Dunphy Snipe; 06-15-2022 at 02:59 PM.

  26. #96
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    19,952

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    I don't have the time or the inclination to, in a sense, defend my convictions in a virtual court of law. I'm just sharing what I, and many others, for very good reasons, believe to be true.

    Now tell us Lee, did you believe Trump colluded with the Russians in 2016 and Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? How about the Mueller investigations? Were you all on board? You are a big one for backing up assertions with evidence. The "evidence" in the incidences just mentioned simply didn't hold up. But liberals believed them--passionately--mostly because they wanted to.

    It is indisputable on it's face that Joe Biden "won" the 2020 election in part because the national media banned stories they deemed to be false, and censored individuals they alleged were spreading misinformation. What the media did just before the 2020 election ultimately has been demonstrated to have been wrong and it changed the results in a Presidential election. And as I've said, just imagine if something like this had happened to one of your favorite Democrat candidates.

    Just as the truth came out about the laptop, and Russian collision in 2016--and the conscious of the nation came ultimately came to accept Black Africans as fully human worthy to be free, the fact that the 2020 election was stolen will one day be accepted too. Same with abortion. As I say, "time will tell".

    Jim
    Right. No time for evidence, but time for smears and distractions. Gotcha.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  27. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,552

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Mr Snipe has attempted to justify a violent attempt to overthrow democratic government in our country, based on complete lies, which he has just said he won't even bother to defend with facts. I will be polite to him on the WBF (why not?), but he has revealed himself as an enemy of much of what I value.

    And note the retreat - from 'Biden only won because of fraud' to 'the media was biased' (that's a risk of a free press; they may print things you don't agree with; Pravda was far more reliable) and irrelevant distractions about the 2016 election and Hunter Biden.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 06-15-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

  28. #98
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    I don't have the time or the inclination to, in a sense, defend my convictions in a virtual court of law with graphs and charts and polls. I'm just sharing what I, and many others, for very good reasons, believe to be true.

    Now tell us Lee, did you believe Trump colluded with the Russians in 2016 and Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? How about the Mueller investigations? Were you all on board? You are a big one for backing up assertions with evidence. The "evidence" in the incidences just mentioned simply didn't hold up. But liberals believed them--passionately--mostly because they wanted to.

    It is indisputable on it's face that Joe Biden "won" the 2020 election in part because the national media banned stories they deemed to be false, and censored individuals they alleged were spreading misinformation. What the media did just before the 2020 election ultimately has been demonstrated to have been dead wrong. It changed the results in a Presidential election, and no one is allowed to be upset about it. As I've said, just imagine if something like this had happened to one of your favorite Democrat candidates.

    Just as the truth came out about the laptop, and Russian collision in 2016--and the conscious of the nation came ultimately to accept Black Africans as fully human worthy to be free, the fact that the 2020 election was stolen will one day be accepted too. Same with abortion. As I say, "time will tell".

    Jim
    Jim, the WBF isn’t a virtual court of law. Just a buncha gabby old guys and a few gals. You believe what you believe and that’s perfectly normal. Just don’t pretend to present your beliefs as self evident facts. Especially if you don’t have the time.

    “time will tell” like “future historians” is a lazy rhetorical back door escape for believing made up stories. Good stories are important but you’re retelling a bad story in service of a crooked gas lighter. I don’t think that reflects well on your belief system.

  29. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    481

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Joe Biden won the election because more people (a lot more people) went out and voted for him instead of the other guy. The media - pro left, pro right, or pro moon rock, might well influence how people vote, but once they do it is up the the election boards in all 3006 counties in the US to tabulate and certify those votes. Many of those boards are run by Republicans who presumably did not want Joe Biden to win. Fortunately for our democracy, they are generally honest and seemed to have done their jobs correctly. And, as others have pointed out, over 60 lawsuits challenging the results of the election failed to turn up any significant evidence of cheating. That's the reality. Everything else is just noise.

  30. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,631

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunphy Snipe View Post
    I don't have the time or the inclination to, in a sense, defend my convictions in a virtual court of law with graphs and charts and polls. I'm just sharing what I, and many others, for very good reasons, believe to be true.

    Now tell us Lee, did you believe Trump colluded with the Russians in 2016 and Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation? How about the Mueller investigations? Were you all on board? You are a big one for backing up assertions with evidence. The "evidence" in the incidences just mentioned simply didn't hold up. But liberals believed them--passionately--mostly because they wanted to.

    It is indisputable on it's face that Joe Biden "won" the 2020 election in part because the national media banned stories they deemed to be false, and censored individuals they alleged were spreading misinformation. What the media did just before the 2020 election ultimately has been demonstrated to have been dead wrong. It changed the results in a Presidential election, and no one is allowed to be upset about it. As I've said, just imagine if something like this had happened to one of your favorite Democrat candidates.

    Just as the truth came out about the laptop, and Russian collision in 2016--and the conscious of the nation came ultimately to accept Black Africans as fully human worthy to be free, the fact that the 2020 election was stolen will one day be accepted too. Same with abortion. As I say, "time will tell".

    Jim
    You refuse to provide any facts to back up your claims, but insist that anyone who does not share your conclusions is 'willfully misinformed.' We are quite willing to discuss the evidence that backs our beliefs in comparison to yours, but this is more than you are willing to do.

    The central question of abortion is at what point the fetus becomes ensouled, and it always has been. Aristotle said it happened at first laughter, about 90 days after birth. St. Augustine said it happened at the moment of quickening, and that was the view of most Catholics for much of the Church's history. If it is the moment a sperm fertilizes an egg, God must be the world's most prolific abortionist, because most fertilized eggs don't implant on the womb. It is quite possible to have a rational conversation about these things, unless you announce your unwillingness to discuss them and vilify the people your are talking to by comparing them to pro-slavery people of 200 years ago.

  31. #101
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Right. No time for evidence, but time for smears and distractions. Gotcha.
    “He isn’t my kind of Christain but he’s sayin’ what people are thinkin’ “.

    And that thinkin’ is full of sloppy associative reasoning that TFG engaged with smears and distractions.

  32. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    19,952

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    If you can't make a reasonable argument, supported by objective facts, your position is a belief or an opinion, not a factual one. There's a lot of that going around. Doesn't make any of it valid.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward



  33. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    9,955

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Dunphy Snipe isn’t Milo, unless Milo was a deep cover Russian internet troll.

    A Russian troll or bot isn’t a nazi, technically, but they deserve the same consideration, and for the same reason, both are enemies of those things we value. Punch every nazi. There is zero benefit to accommodation or appeasement, no space to reach a shared understanding, not with a nazi, and not with a Russian troll. Do we need to sit down to have a civil discussion with white supremacists? Do we need to have consideration for the opinions of rapists or school shooters?

    How different is Dunphy Snipe’s position to Putin’s or trmp’s? What’s Putin’s take on the last American national election and trmp’s big lie?

    If this member purporting to be Dunphy Snipe from some Wisconsin back water is legitimate, this would be the optimal time for him to gather up his stamina to assert his genuineness and authenticate his political observations with some recognizable support of facts and not just parrot the big liar’s big lie.

    Hey, Dunphy, what about defending yourself and ponying up some bona fides. And while your at that, whyncha take a stab at the two questions, yannow, the same ones that elicit bupkis from bobbys and Woodpile. Go right ahead. Was the election rigged? Was Biden elected fair and square? Was the Jan sixth insurrection just tourists and valid political discourse?
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

  34. #104
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    If you can't make a reasonable argument, supported by objective facts, your position is a belief or an opinion, not a factual one. There's a lot of that going around. Doesn't make any of it valid.
    Which is why, ya gotta have power. If you have power then you don’t have to argue. You declare something is so and It Is!

  35. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    Posts
    61,552

    Default Re: Biden 2024.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    And while your at that, whyncha take a stab at the two questions, yannow, the same ones that elicit bupkis from bobbys and Woodpile. Go right ahead. Was the election rigged? Was Biden elected fair and square? Was the Jan sixth insurrection just tourists and valid political discourse?
    He already has. He thinks the election was fraudulent, and the attack on the Capitol was justified by that fraud.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

    Richard Feynman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •