Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 51

Thread: biden and the dems are toast

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default biden and the dems are toast

    source: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

    Consumer Price Index Summary
    Transmission of material in this release is embargoed until
    8:30 a.m. (ET) June 10, 2022 USDL-22-1113

    Technical information: (202) 691-7000 * cpi_info@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/cpi
    Media Contact: (202) 691-5902 * PressOffice@bls.gov


    CONSUMER PRICE INDEX - MAY 2022


    The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 1.0 percent in May on a
    seasonally adjusted basis after rising 0.3 percent in April, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    reported today. Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 8.6 percent before
    seasonal adjustment.


    The increase was broad-based, with the indexes for shelter, gasoline, and food being the largest
    contributors. After declining in April, the energy index rose 3.9 percent over the month with the
    gasoline index rising 4.1 percent and the other major component indexes also increasing. The food
    index rose 1.2 percent in May as the food at home index increased 1.4 percent.


    The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.6 percent in May, the same increase as in
    April. While almost all major components increased over the month, the largest contributors were
    the indexes for shelter, airline fares, used cars and trucks, and new vehicles. The indexes for
    medical care, household furnishings and operations, recreation, and apparel also increased in May.


    The all items index increased 8.6 percent for the 12 months ending May, the largest 12-month
    increase since the period ending December 1981. The all items less food and energy index rose
    6.0 percent over the last 12 months. The energy index rose 34.6 percent over the last year, the
    largest 12-month increase since the period ending September 2005. The food index increased 10.1
    percent for the 12-months ending May, the first increase of 10 percent or more since the period
    ending March 1981.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    20,370

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    What have the Republicans got to offer?
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    35,201

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    This is a world wide problem. Petrol here is generally over $2 per litre, food prices are increasing and wages aren't.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Which Republicans?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Which Republicans?
    The honest one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    27,560

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Bflat View Post
    The honest one.
    Mr Lincoln was assassinated some time ago.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    10,205

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Sure, go ahead and vote to unseat Mark Kelly, that will show it to the libtards.
    Steve Martinsen

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by SMARTINSEN View Post
    Sure, go ahead and vote to unseat Mark Kelly, that will show it to the libtards.
    i can't vote for nor against mark kelly

    i'm not a resident of arizona
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Farmington, Oregon
    Posts
    20,034

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    biden should nationalize the oil companies. one stroke of the pen.

    pemex here we come!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    10,205

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i can't vote for nor against mark kelly

    i'm not a resident of arizona
    how long have you lived there? do you still maintain an address in Hell? most folks vote where they live, I think I am sussing out some potential for voter fraud.
    Steve Martinsen

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by SMARTINSEN View Post
    I think I am sussing out some potential for voter fraud.
    oh please
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    source: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm

    Consumer Price Index Summary
    Transmission of material in this release is embargoed until
    8:30 a.m. (ET) June 10, 2022 USDL-22-1113

    Technical information: (202) 691-7000 * cpi_info@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/cpi
    Media Contact: (202) 691-5902 * PressOffice@bls.gov


    CONSUMER PRICE INDEX - MAY 2022


    The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) increased 1.0 percent in May on a
    seasonally adjusted basis after rising 0.3 percent in April, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
    reported today. Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 8.6 percent before
    seasonal adjustment.


    The increase was broad-based, with the indexes for shelter, gasoline, and food being the largest
    contributors. After declining in April, the energy index rose 3.9 percent over the month with the
    gasoline index rising 4.1 percent and the other major component indexes also increasing. The food
    index rose 1.2 percent in May as the food at home index increased 1.4 percent.


    The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.6 percent in May, the same increase as in
    April. While almost all major components increased over the month, the largest contributors were
    the indexes for shelter, airline fares, used cars and trucks, and new vehicles. The indexes for
    medical care, household furnishings and operations, recreation, and apparel also increased in May.


    The all items index increased 8.6 percent for the 12 months ending May, the largest 12-month
    increase since the period ending December 1981. The all items less food and energy index rose
    6.0 percent over the last 12 months. The energy index rose 34.6 percent over the last year, the
    largest 12-month increase since the period ending September 2005. The food index increased 10.1
    percent for the 12-months ending May, the first increase of 10 percent or more since the period
    ending March 1981.
    .

    That putin! Messing everything up for biden..

    Do not fret, come November the media will have you all convinced its putin..

    LOL

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    22,874

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    i can't vote for nor against mark kelly

    i'm not a resident of arizona
    How not?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    35,201

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    .

    That putin! Messing everything up for biden..

    Do not fret, come November the media will have you all convinced its putin..

    LOL
    Some of it is. Ukraine supplies a lot of food to a lot of countries...at least they did.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    How not?
    it's not that hard guys

    i am not a resident of the state of arizona

    i can't vote here
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    10,205

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    It was a joke, but you have resided there for several years, how is it that you are not a resident?
    Steve Martinsen

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    43,259

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    This is a world wide problem. Petrol here is generally over $2 per litre, food prices are increasing and wages aren't.
    Many Americans can, and do, blame the president.

    Doesn't matter whether or not it's his fault.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sharon, MA
    Posts
    24,811

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    I keep tellin’ ya… the dark decade in America is starting.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."







  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    the hills
    Posts
    66,766

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    This is a world wide problem. Petrol here is generally over $2 per litre, food prices are increasing and wages aren't.
    For people with a brain that is true but for Americans who see the US as the center of the world when bad things happen it’s the other guys fault. So effects of pandemic, high prices, invasion of Ukraine,,,,it’s Biden’s fault.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Dog Ranch, USA
    Posts
    9,121

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    I think Paul needs to answer two simple questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Farmington, Oregon
    Posts
    20,034

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    spew!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    70,244

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    I keep tellin’ ya… the dark decade in America is starting.
    Got to agree Norman, and not just for America. a 'recession' may not be the half of it……...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,334

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    He's working on it....

    Read an economist take on it - and yes, inflation is hitting world-wide. Funny, that.

    AFA how/why in the USA, apparently the 'credit' goes to the Fed - easy money/policy for the last decade (note Biden/Democrats have not been 'in charge' that long), and a lackadaisical response when the first glimmers of inflation raised it's head.

    But.... 'the facts' don't have much use when it comes to politics. The Rips are damned talented at manipulation/effective messaging. So..... Pless... yup.

    And.... how is it you're not a resident of AZ? Still on probation?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Paul you do love the 'Democrats Suck' genre of thread titles and posts.
    am i wrong?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Surely you can vote somewhere…
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    Surely you can vote somewhere…
    i never said otherwise
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,334

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    playing coy, eh?
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    117,179

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    i just dont think its that interesting of a conversation
    im a resident of michigan and registered to vote in michigan
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    38,929

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Many Americans can, and do, blame the president.

    Doesn't matter whether or not it's his fault.
    Sad truth. I've been talking with one of them all day. Now she and another woman are talking about their guns (kept loaded and not secured in case they need them).
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

    "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitty Hawk, NC
    Posts
    11,733

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    This is a world wide problem. Petrol here is generally over $2 per litre, food prices are increasing and wages aren't.
    People have strange expectations as to what petrol and food should cost and what labor is worth.

    People should refuse to pay excessive amounts for petrol and food. Workers should demand higher wages. But most will wait for their governments to do something.
    Life is complex.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Paul you do love the 'Democrats Suck' genre of thread titles and posts.
    .
    Its a trick, he is stealing all my best stuff.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Many Americans can, and do, blame the president.

    Doesn't matter whether or not it's his fault.
    .

    Well, you have to admit its the national pastime.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    29,334

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    This, Paul -



    We - the 'royal' we - are just terribly disappointed!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    2 states: NJ and confusion
    Posts
    43,259

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Time View Post
    People have strange expectations as to what petrol and food should cost and what labor is worth.

    People should refuse to pay excessive amounts for petrol and food. Workers should demand higher wages. But most will wait for their governments to do something.
    Maybe we should all stop eating?

    I think people have a strange notion of how our government works. Imagine where we might be today if Biden's proposals had passed into law. Republicans blocked them.

    Now people who would have benefited blame Biden, and they will vote for those who blocked those proposals.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northwest Oregon coast
    Posts
    30,917

    Default Re: biden and the dems are toast

    Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    As court jester? Not likely.

    Your best stuff was probably a long, long time ago, home room 8 am in high school.
    .

    If you think you are being followed by

    a creepy looking guy in a AMC gremlin take 4 right turns and dont stop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •