Thread: Anybody know if you can still get bronze running pole ends for wood running poles?

Default Anybody know if you can still get bronze running pole ends for wood running poles?

Hey guys, I'll apologize right off and admit my boat is fiberglass, but was originally a wooden boat design.

Good now that thats taken care of, I am on the hunt for some used or new running pole ends for a doug fir whisker pole that I had laying around. Aluminum poles are a fortune and I'm operating on a budget. The Boat is 33 feet, the pole is about 2 3/4" at the big end and 2 1/4" ish at the small end, and can readily be cut down a little to fit. Will need one end with just the snap and one with tangs for topping lift, and fore and aft guys.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Anybody know if you can still get bronze running pole ends for wood running poles

I assume you're talking a "whisker pole", not a spinnaker pole needing to do end-for-end gybes. You may have to haunt used chandleries (Longship, etc.) or, if you win the lottery go it Port Townsend Foundry.

Toplicht in Germany stock some.

https://www.toplicht.de/en/shop/take...aumbeschlaege/

But cheap they are not.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Default Re: Anybody know if you can still get bronze running pole ends for wood running poles

Used bronze spinnaker pole fittings turn up on eBay pretty regularly.

I rekon it wouldn't be too difficult to weld up something from stainless steel. Ugly but cheap and functional.
    Amateur living on the western coast of Finland