Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uvalde mom warned not to tell her story

Default Uvalde mom warned not to tell her story

now this is despicable. How soon till the RW start claiming she was a bad person because she did something ten years ago?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ell-her-story/
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: Uvalde mom warned not to tell her story

I hope she got the 'law enforcement's' name, and publishes that widely as well.

Dear Uvalde PD. The whole world already knows so the warning comes a bit late, but being too late seems to be what you're best at.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

The governor needs to send in the state police and a state prosecutor.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    The governor needs to send in the state police and a state prosecutor.

doubt abbot cares..
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    doubt abbot cares..
    Well that's part of the problem, right? The seeds of this travesty are planted well in advance.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

any new lies or despicable behavior by the cops exposed in the past hour or three ?

I am disheartened. I told this story to two of my conservative relatives and they didn't understand what was wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    now this is despicable. How soon till the RW start claiming she was a bad person because she did something ten years ago?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ell-her-story/
    ……. already mentioned in the article:
    Gomez also said that since she began telling her story to the press, she received a call from “law enforcement” warning her that because she is on probation for a charge she says is close to a decade old, she could face legal trouble and be charged with “obstruction of justice” if she continues to speak to the media.”
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

the irony of her being the obstructor of justice

the judge overseeing her probation told her she did not face new legal problems and that her bravery would be rewarded with a shortened probation
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

a federal investigation
    for many reasons

paul sez -
    the judge overseeing her probation told her she did not face new legal problems and that her bravery would be rewarded with a shortened probation

cool

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Sounds like a gutsy lady. A good person without a gun - that's what the USA needs more of.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    I am disheartened. I told this story to two of my conservative relatives and they didn't understand what was wrong with it.

. . . . and, I fear, they never will . . .
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    . . . . and, I fear, they never will . . .
    Why would they? A friendly LEO kindly reminded the mom about the reality of life while beeing a convicted fellon. Discrimination is real, and it's not always about race, religion or sexual orientation.

About the investigation, does the FBI not have automatic jurisdiction in all cases involving hostages? I understand a federal agency was involved, there must be a federal investigation anyway since all shootings have after action investigations.

An activist is born --

David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumars View Post
    Why would they? A friendly LEO kindly reminded the mom about the reality of life while beeing a convicted fellon. Discrimination is real, and it's not always about race, religion or sexual orientation.

About the investigation, does the FBI not have automatic jurisdiction in all cases involving hostages? I understand a federal agency was involved, there must be a federal investigation anyway since all shootings have after action investigations.
    See post #12. The officer lied to her, and it looks like a cover-up.

No one was used as a hostage. The killer had no interest in keeping anyone alive.

More complete story here: https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/angeli...de-texas-cops/

No. Kidnap is a Federal crime, but it's also a state crime, and Federal jurisdiction requires "interstate commerce".

Note that courts have held that robbing a restaurant and locking the staff in the walk-in whilst you hightail it for the hills constitutes kidnap.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    See post #12. The officer lied to her, and it looks like a cover-up.

No one was used as a hostage. The killer had no interest in keeping anyone alive.

More complete story here: https://nypost.com/2022/06/04/angeli...de-texas-cops/
    I was just explaining why some people will not see it as intimidation. The facts have nothing to do with it, it's how you present them. The mother storming into an active crimescene to get her kids can be seen as bravery or interference with police actions, just like her getting only her kids out of there instead of all the kids in those classrooms can be seen in different ways.

If there is to be any dialog across political lines one has to understand how and why others think differently. You can't convince anyone of your truth just by pounding on your interpretation, you need to show the other where his interpretation is faulty or limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    No. Kidnap is a Federal crime, but it's also a state crime, and Federal jurisdiction requires "interstate commerce".

Note that courts have held that robbing a restaurant and locking the staff in the walk-in whilst you hightail it for the hills constitutes kidnap.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.

What puzzles me is that nobody seems to have any problems with a school district having its own police force, and what amounts to a glorified doorman calling the shots on the crimescene.

What puzzles me is that nobody seems to have any problems with a school district having its own police force, and what amounts to a glorified doorman calling the shots on the crimescene.
    left leaning folks have lots of problems with that, lol

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I know it is dailyKos and some do not accept it as holding any truth.. but this is an interesting article on that. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...m_medium=email

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    Sounds like a gutsy lady. A good person without a gun - that's what the USA needs more of.
    Absolutely!
    “Perpetual optimism is a force to live by.”

Colin Powell

The people obstructing justice in that town are the cops and the governor.
    Tom

A prediction: The state officials, who really didn't have anything to do with this particular screwup, will very shortly figure out that throwing Mr. Arredondo under the proverbial bus (which he richly deserves) is far, far more politically expedient than defending him.
    Last edited by Keith Wilson; 06-07-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I was just explaining why some people will not see it as intimidation. The facts have nothing to do with it, it's how you present them. The mother storming into an active crimescene to get her kids can be seen as bravery or interference with police actions, just like her getting only her kids out of there instead of all the kids in those classrooms can be seen in different ways.

If there is to be any dialog across political lines one has to understand how and why others think differently. You can't convince anyone of your truth just by pounding on your interpretation, you need to show the other where his interpretation is faulty or limited.
    I'm not just ponding my interpretation, I'm telling you the facts are different than you presented them. If the facts didn't matter, the cops wouldn't be trying to shut this woman up. It's all very well to play the devil's advocate, but you need to recognize when someone is showing the faulty aspects of an interpretation.

The facts as we know them are that someone presenting himself as LEO called and told her something. This something turned out not to be true because the presiding judge decided otherwise.
    Fact is also that some people don't understand this call to be intimidation, and in order to change their mind you need to show them where and how they are wrong. Just calling it intimidation and cover-up is not enough for them, you need more.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbang 13 View Post
    any new lies or despicable behavior by the cops exposed in the past hour or three ?
    The Cheif now sez he took his radio off when he ran toward the gunfire cuz he thought it would slow him down.
    not outta lies yet

It was a Fed that handcuffed her. So they were there before she even tried to go in. And this Fed was attempting to order the state "law enforcement" around.

“Right away, as I parked, a US Marshal started coming toward my car, saying that I wasn’t allowed to be parked there,” she recalled. “And he said, Well, we’re gonna have to arrest you because you’re being very uncooperative.”
    This is a lead as to who was the "law enforcement" who did the telephone blackmail. Facts are few -- thanks, journalists -- but the hypothesis that best fits the facts is that it was the guy that cuffed her. And he wasn't local. Why would a local cop go to bat for a US Marshal, committing a crime to do it?

It shows that the Feds were not at all shy about intervening and getting all authoritarian about it. The feds might well have also gotten all you-rah with the cops. That would be an important aspect of the situation. Bears on the 58 minute delay.

Journalists really do need to stop saying "law enforcement" and she "was told". Subject -- no passive voice -- verb, object. Who did what is often important, nimnods.
    Last edited by Osborne Russell; 06-11-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    I'm not leaving.

-- Mike Pence

I do hope the pressure is continually kept up on all these actors involved in the debacle, because acting is what they were about, trying to save their sorry asses, when they should have been saving children's lives.

now the cops will not release the cop bodycam footage, citing security...the bad guys can learn popo procedure.
    ...or they might see their vag number or their crotches are all wet up.

eff the police

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    eff the police
    + 1 ! in that town, anyway.

Maybe I'm overly tired right now, but I just keep thinking that people need to suffer until they create change and they make change in the voting booth.

This is Texas and they need a wake up call. Maybe this will be it, but I doubt it.