Thread: u.s. firearm manufacturer stock prices all up today

Default u.s. firearm manufacturer stock prices all up today

ruger up 4.2%
    s&w up 7.8%
    colt up 3.9%
    vista (savage) up 6.9%
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: u.s. firearm manufacturer stock prices all up today

Yup

They buy on bad news and there's been plenty of that.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Sales are going up with the buzz about bans. The Democrats are great for sales.

I'm sirprised they dont sponsor such events……………. Think of the profits!

2A4A5EFC-4BE3-4DA0-B788-59A32A47775B.jpg
    back to school: 21st century found objects
    Julie DeFeo

Some GOP dimwit today advocated for teachers to carry guns. Since the shooter in this latest tragedy was sporting a pair of AR-15 style rifles, let’s give those teachers an even chance… a pair of assault rifles at every teachers desk… right?
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

It would hurt our economy to stop producing guns. Nuff said.

Posers gotta pose.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

The (Daniel Defense) CEO told Forbes in 2017 in an interview that sales spiked after the Sandy Hook massacre where 26 were killed including 20 students. So far in Uvalde, 19 students and two teachers have died.

“The mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012 drove a lot of sales,” Daniel told Forbes. “That was a horrible event and we don’t use those kinds of terrible things to drive sales but when people see politicians start talking about gun control, they have this fear and they go out and buy guns.”

Who were this punk's parents? Where did an 18 year old get the money for a $2000+ rifle and sight and at least 375 rounds of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Some GOP dimwit today advocated for teachers to carry guns. Since the shooter in this latest tragedy was sporting a pair of AR-15 style rifles, let’s give those teachers an even chance… a pair of assault rifles at every teachers desk… right?
    Flamethower...

Not that might scare a dumb kid with a gun
    Hardly anyone commits suicide with a flamethrower

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy W View Post
    The (Daniel Defense) CEO told Forbes in 2017 in an interview that sales spiked after the Sandy Hook massacre where 26 were killed including 20 students. So far in Uvalde, 19 students and two teachers have died.

“The mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in 2012 drove a lot of sales,” Daniel told Forbes. “That was a horrible event and we don’t use those kinds of terrible things to drive sales but when people see politicians start talking about gun control, they have this fear and they go out and buy guns.”

Who were this punk's parents? Where did an 18 year old get the money for a $2000+ rifle and sight and at least 375 rounds of ammo.
    This 'unemployed' kid took his grandmother's truck - perhaps he also took her 'rainy day' cash as well ?
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    It would hurt our economy to stop producing guns. Nuff said.

actually guns and ammo are pretty small parts of economy
    at least personal guns are

really surprised me how small the industry actually is given its outsized impact on politics and society

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bernstein View Post
    Old news in Wisconsin, where Republicans proposed it back around 2007. Here's what my fellow teacher and friend Warren Bowe (who died of Covid a few months after retiring) wrote in response--got picked up by quite a few newspapers, and is in several teaching anthologies/textbooks now:

Finally, the Republicans have found a meaningful way to support teachers. As both a teacher and citizen, I spotted the win-win logic of Rep. Frank Lasee's proposal immediately. Not only would schools be safer, but the billions added to Wisconsin's economy by a new school gun industry would be a great windfall for the state.

With more than 60,000 teachers in Wisconsin's public schools alone, such a law would help both mom-and-pop gun shops and the big retailers. Specialty products could include guns manufactured in school colors or engraved with school logos. Gun accessories will bring in additional revenue. I would need an everyday holster as well as one for such special occasions as parent-teacher conferences, concerts, athletic events, etc.

While this proposed legislation is way better than that supporting the shooting of feral cats, a few kinks would need to be worked out. For example, would state taxpayers fund the law, or would teachers have to pay for the heat they pack? Would there be a special ammunition budget? Would we be given extra in-service time for range practice? Could we implement merit pay for those of us who are crack shots?

And, most important, how threatening would students need to be before we get to shoot them? In the interim, maybe we could just start hitting them again.
    Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

An ad for Sig Sauer just showed up on my facebook feed. I have never Googled SS or any other weapon manufacturer.
    There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

The economic impact argument is offensive without regard to large or small. For me.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog225 View Post
    The economic impact argument is offensive without regard to large or small. For me.

youre the one who proposed it here

Yes. It’s been on my mind lately.

we can use the tax revenues from gun sales for increased school safety. (sarcasm)