Thread: Neptune wood boat stove Part wanted

Default Neptune wood boat stove Part wanted

I'm looking for a replacement top lid for an old Neptune A-1 boat stove. The one that came with the stove I have is a solid piece and I'm looking for the insert with a round removable lid. Thanks
    Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 10.57.55 AM.jpg

Default Re: Neptune wood boat stove Part wanted

Welcome aboard!
    That may be hard to find, though this is a good place to ask. You might find a machine shop or blacksmith to make you one.

There are wood stove restoration and sales shops. Google "antique wood stove shops in Maine". See what comes up. Those are the people most likely to know what to do.

I have a complete Neptune A-1 in pieces but I'm pretty sure it has the solid top. I'll take a look though.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!

Btw, why don't you like the solid top? I like a lifting lid for top loading, otherwise the solid top looks good to me.

I found some photos of the one I have and it turns out that it does have the round lid. It's actually a diesel version but the top should be identical. You can see photos of it here from before I took it apart.

https://fvpetrel.wordpress.com/2015/...aigslist-find/

I was planning to restore it but I no longer have the boat that I was going to put it in, and it won't fit in the boat we have now so I would be happy to find a new home for it. I'm in Seattle though, so the shipping might be pricey.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!