Thread: Thank You for/about my missing post re. PT 11 mast Dimensions

Default Thank You for/about my missing post re. PT 11 mast Dimensions

Hmmm... could be a lst post "thing" or just senility on my part...
    Can't seem to find my (lst ever) post here (in any of the forum sections) asking for PT 11 mast dimensions.
    Anyway, still waiting on CLC and PT responses but I have a contact for the sailmaker(s)
    who builds the sails and should be able to get the dimensions from them.

I finally got my spritsail rig (wood mast) to go to windward and actually sail where I want the boat to go
    which it would never do before. Although mine is boomless I tried retying the parrels as singles rather than the twisted method
    and used the 2mm spacing between the luff and mast as in Optimist rigging videos and raised the fore end of the sprit and
    amazingly after 7 years my 10'er points!

This success will move my interest in the PT ll adaptation to more back burner status while I mull it all over.
    I got one (maybe more?) response to my original query (I think it was Wizbang 13?) and I thank you. It led to me
    going to asking the sailmakers.

Cheers and thanks all, DP
    Last edited by Dinghy Pipedreams; 05-22-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Default Re: Thank You for/about my missing post re. PT 11 mast Dimensions

Good to hear it's working for you. Your original post is still there. It is in Building and Repair; just scroll down a bit.
    Sorry, I know nothing of the design so I can't help with the mast dimensions.

Default Re: Thank You for/about my missing post re. PT 11 mast Dimensions

Thanks. The post is there now... my wife sis. security update/grade on my laptop early this a.m. and we had some interesting glitches...so...maybe... it was that....
    Appreciate the response. It was all the sprit rig past threads here that got me to windward, finally!
    Cheers, DP