Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wordle is blowing my mind.

Default Re: Wordle is blowing my mind.

Todays --

Wordle 341 3/6
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Wordle 342 3/6
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Wordle 342 3/6
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Wordle 471 5/6

Yeah, sometimes wordle is difficult but it makes it more interesting. Use this tool https://word-finder.com/words-with/adu/ if you need a word hint. Personally, I use it from time to time because I'm curious about which word is hidden.
    Last edited by Qusa; 10-10-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Wordle 472 4/6 yet another word I've never seen/heard that I got right just by arranging letters to have them sound english-ish
    WszystekPoTrochu's signature available only for premium forum users.

Stupid question: where does everyone find the number of the puzzle, as in 472 above? I play it on the iPhone but I don’t see that number anywhere.

After you conclude the puzzle, it shows your statistics and gives opportunity to share your results with others (or tap the three-bar graph thingy between the help questionmark and the settings cogwheel top-right)... that share function shows the puzzle number.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    After you conclude the puzzle, it shows your statistics and gives opportunity to share your results with others... that share function shows the puzzle number.
    Aha. Thanks. Never thought to share.

Quote Originally Posted by WszystekPoTrochu
    Wordle 472 4/6 yet another word I've never seen/heard that I got right just by arranging letters to have them sound english-ish
    A common word in English. There is a famous nursery song/rhyme that features the word.
    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post
    Aha. Thanks. Never thought to share.
    If you use the Bot... their analysis also shows which puzzle # you're dealing with today. It is a bit odd that the basic puzzle doesn't show it as you're solving it.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

I play it every day. Here's my present set of stats:

One question: where do you see a number for each puzzle? Can't find a number on the original link.

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

^ See post #42

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post

One question: where do you see a number for each puzzle? Can't find a number on the original link.
    You have to actually click 'share' and paste it somewhere, I think.

I almost only play Quordle, and only if I'm using my private laptop... so once or twice per week, maybe? Well anyway:

obraz_2022-10-04_211927652.png
    WszystekPoTrochu's signature available only for premium forum users.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip-skiff View Post

My question is ---

How'd you manage to copy and share this summary? Using the 'share' button, I can share the day's puzzle results (without letters), but haven't managed what you just did.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Today the answer happened to be one of my sister’s favorite opening words. She solved in one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    Today the answer happened to be one of my sister’s favorite opening words. She solved in one!
    Damn. I’ve managed 2 a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenBauer View Post
    Damn. I’ve managed 2 a few times.
    No one has answered about how to share the statistics screen, so here's my current tally --

Played - 266
    Win % - 96
    Current streak - 29
    Max. streak - 54

Solutions --

1 - 1 --- 0.38%
    2 - 12 --- 4.5%
    3 - 75 --- 28.2%
    4 - 88 --- 33%
    5 - 59 --- 22.2%
    6 - 21 --- 7.9%
    FAIL --- 4%
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

99 game streak - that's impressive!
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Wordle 511 3/6
    53 days of streak for me , thanks to my best friend, word generator https://word-finder.com/words-that-start-with/rav/.
    I figured out it takes me much more time to play the game with this tool as I am thinking and overthinking a lot, but the final result is great, so it is really worth it.
    Last edited by mike9199; 11-15-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Damn, I forgot yesterday. So my current streak is 0.
    And three in our group of five got it in 3.

One of the h.s. friend I play with got in in two today. 3 for me.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    How'd you manage to copy and share this summary? Using the 'share' button, I can share the day's puzzle results (without letters), but haven't managed what you just did.
    I play it on the iPad. If I want to save a game, I take a screenshot and e-mail it to my desktop, then crop it. Like this:

Don't really need the keyboard, I reckon.

Last edited by Chip-skiff; 11-13-2022 at 06:32 PM.

I went 6-and-out on "inane" yesterday. Had the A and the E from the start, never got another letter. Was having fun with quake and glaze and evade and such.
    "Visionary" is he who in every egg sees a carbonara.

^
    My sister also went 6-and-out yesterday. I got INANE yesterday in three. I started with LATER and then COINS. That is my favorite (but not only) start because it nets me R,S,T,N,L,E,A and I, eliminating the most common consonants and vowels. Yesterday INANE was the only remaining solution. One of the words my sister likes to start with is UNITE... and last Thursday she solved in one! The NYT altered the software about 10 days ago and eliminated plural words from the list of solutions... although plurals can still be played. So COINS now could never be the solution.
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 11-14-2022 at 08:01 AM.

Today Wordle 517 4/6

I got it in four. When I reviewed my play with the NYT Wordle Bot, it said that after my first three words only one solution remained. Still… it took me several minutes to work it out. I have seen the word in print but have never in my life used it in conversation. Has anyone outside of academia?

I got lucky and nailed the first letter and had the, Ahem, vowel in the wrong spot on my first guess. At that point it could only be one word. Got it in two for only the 4th time. I agree that is a word I have seen in print but never used. There seems to be a lot of this type used

Damn, I thought I did well getting it in three today.

Luck, not skill. But still gratifying.

Wordle 520 2/6

🟩⬛⬛🟨🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

^
    Me:
    Wordle 520 5/6.

SWMBO set a personal record this a.m. She started with dorad. I said she made it up. Turns out she misspelled what she thought was a word. Then it turns out a dorad is a South American catfish.

I've settled on a typical opening word, and have slowly developed a list of complementary words, to be used depending on what 'slate' does. Today, 'slate' gave me only one letter, but one of the standard complementary words set me up nicely to solve it in 3.

Wordle 521 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜��
    ����⬜⬜��
    ����������
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

Wife got it in 2 today (Tues).i

^
    And here I thought I did well getting it in three today. With my first word I got two letters, one of which was in the proper position. With my second word I had 4 of the five letters all in the proper position. I had a final choice of one of two words. I selected the answer.