Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A (Too?) Windy Sail & Oar Adventure in the North Woods

Default A (Too?) Windy Sail & Oar Adventure in the North Woods

Winter's winding down, my boat's still in storage, and I've been thinking about possibilities for the coming sailing season. Which means it's time to fritter away a few hours posting a thread on a trip from last year. Thanks in advance to Small Boats Magazine for publishing the original article back in the July 2021 issue, and for their kind permission to share some of the photos and video clips here now for anyone who might be interested in a different kind of presentation.

The boat, as usual, is my Kurylko Alaska (which, after a few years of people pestering me about not naming it yet, I named "FOGG" after Verne's Phileas Fogg)--a whitehall-type sail-and-oar boat designed for long-distance sleep-aboard travel in the Inside Passage:

Alaska Plans.jpg

Though designed as a lugsail ketch, I'm too lazy to tolerate two sheets (one of them double-sided!) and all the accompanying gear. Plus, the full rig puts 134 sq ft of sail on a narrow unballasted pulling boat, which would mean lots of reefing and sail shifting in my typical settings. So, I sail it with just the 85 sq ft mainsail in the alternate center mast step, like this:

DSCN3310 cropped.jpg

Pandemic travel concerns and just a general feeling that it hasn't been the time for frivolous travel has kept me out of my usual Canadian cruising grounds since 2019. I had a big trip in the far north in mind for 2019, but had some trouble arranging enough free time to make it happen conveniently. So, foolishly (in retrospect), I postponed until 2020. And then, postponed again until 2021. And then it still didn't feel like the time, either. So...

I found a bit of unexplored territory way up in the northern reaches of Wisconsin, about 10 miles or so from Michigan, and about the same distance from Lake Superior: Gile Flowage ("flowage" is Wisconsinish for an interconnected dammed lake system where a number of small creeks and rivers and lakes and ponds are drowned out into one larger lake). Here's a look:

Gile Flowage map.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Default Re: A (Too?) Windy Sail & Oar Adventure in the North Woods

Going where you haven't gone is always a great plan. I have an old chart where I've taken a yellow highlighter to the many areas of the Salish Sea that I've visited via sail & oar. Lots left to see. This summer will be spent filling in a bit more the US side.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

This was late May--a fairly early start to sailing in the north woods--but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's about as far north as you can get without dipping into Lake Superior, which wasn't the plan:

Wisconsin overview.jpg

I had a two-day weather window between forecast thunderstorms, and planned to launch just as the first storm was passing by to give myself two nights out. Having never been to Gile before, I figured a north-end launch would be best for the prevailing winds. Should have looked more closely at the forecast, as the front was coming through on very strong southwest winds.

windy.jpg

Streaks of foam being blown off the waves and lots of white horsies (they can't be "horses" on small inland waters, I figure)--that's a Force 7 in my book. (Checking reports after the trip, gusts in Gile hit 35+ miles per hour consistently during these three days, so that's about right).

Near Gale! Or maybe even Gale! (Force 8). The nearest likely anchorage or sheltered island was almost two miles dead to windward from this ramp. Hours of cold wet slow sailing. Hmm...

Turns out there was another ramp on the flowage's eastern arm, which seemed like it might be more sheltered. I headed that way instead. From the Small Boats article:

Luckily, the map showed another ramp a few miles away on the flowage’s eastern arm, which looked like it would be a little more sheltered. I got back in the car and drove off to find it, wondering if my years of small-boat sailing had made me wiser, or just more fearful. Perhaps they’re the same thing.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
    Going where you haven't gone is always a great plan. I have an old chart where I've taken a yellow highlighter to the many areas of the Salish Sea that I've visited via sail & oar. Lots left to see. This summer will be spent filling in a bit more the US side.
    Dare I ask if there might be a WBF thread or two coming this way afterwards?

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Highly unlikely! But stranger things have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

But the eastern ramp wasn't sheltered much, either. There was a guy with a keelboat moored there, and he took one look and drove away. Me, too. Time for Plan C: a ramp at the southern end of the flowage, at the mouth of the Montreal River (the river that had been dammed at the north end to create the flowage). That was much calmer, in the lee of the land and sheltered by trees, but still plenty windy out on the water.

It was windy enough that I was paying very close attention as I gybed my way north from the ramp, hugging the windward shores of the flowage as much as I could (which helped a lot):

1.1.jpg

My usual misainier sheeting technique (hooking the sheet on the new leeward gunwale at each gybe) would have been nicely supplemented by rigging a traveler line over the tiller just in case I lost control of the sheet while gybing, but I had neglected to set the traveler. Oh, well. I managed without any mishaps.

And soon found myself speeding along (a very slow running pace, maybe) northward, double reefed (which was about right for conditions). Gile Flowage is the southern end of the Canadian Shield, so there was at least some of the exposed granite and pines you find in places like Georgian Bay--that's where I feel most at home, I think.

double reefed.jpg
    Last edited by WI-Tom; 03-04-2022 at 04:37 PM.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
    Highly unlikely! But stranger things have happened.
    Well, we can hope, at least... How is Haverchuck working out for you? Any changes to set-up or routines for cruising?

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Well, it was windy for sure. That's about as accurate as I try to be. The kind of sailing where it was conceivable that a mistake or a moment's inattention might result in a capsize if one got unlucky enough. After a couple of miles I had brought the creatively-named "Big Island" abeam on the starboard side, and was gybing downwind rather than trying to run (and risk a gybe-and-broach and a cold cold ducking). Ready for a break, in other words. And at the islands northern tip, I found my chance--a low-lying sandy shore partially sheltered by the bluffs along the western side of the island.

1.2.jpg

I pulled behind the forested bluff, dropped the rig, and rowed ashore (taking time to stage some photos for the magazine article):

landing 1.1.jpg

One nice feature of the Alaska design is that the thwarts are laid out so you can row facing backward from the front, or move to row facing forward from the rear thwart. That has the advantage of letting the keel slide up a little farther when beaching the boat, and lets you see the approach and dodge rocks and stumps:

landing 1.4.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Another WI-Tom travelogue - excellent! Thank you.

Just to be picky - isn't it Phineas Fogg?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I tied up the boat and explored a bit of the island on foot. Late May is a nice time to be in the woods, before things get too overgrown, and before the mosquitoes and deerflies are out in force. A nice shady woods with some scattered boulders. Then I came back to the boat, got out my camp chair (oh Luxury!) and hung out at the northern tip of the island for a while with a book and a lunch. Well, I had intended to have lunch. But somehow I had neglected to pack much in the way of food for the trip. From the Small Boats article:

I returned to my camp chair for lunch. Dining options, as it turned out, were limited: half a bag of roasted almonds dusted with sea salt, and a small can of cashews. I must have intended to bring something more than that to augment the menu, but whatever the plan had been, it had failed. I supplemented my meager meal by browsing on some slender yellow wood sorrel I found growing along the edge of the woods—the tiny leaves had a pleasant lemony tang, though they weren’t particularly filling.
    It was windy enough that I was very happy to be ashore for a couple of hours, but eventually the breeze died down enough that I figured a rowing venture up the islands leeward side would make for a pleasant outing. So, off I went:

1.3.jpg

Unlike other Wisconsin DNR flowages, there didn't seem to be any developed campsites. And Big Island, from what I'd seen, wasn't flat enough or open enough for convenient tenting ashore. But there was a nice little sheltered anchorage on the northeast side of Big Island, where I figured I'd anchor out and sleep aboard when the time came. No development at all, no cottages or campgrounds. Pretty neat.

rowing 2.0.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Another WI-Tom travelogue - excellent! Thank you.

Just to be picky - isn't it Phineas Fogg?
    Thanks for the kind words! It's Phineas in the movie, I think--Phileas in the book, though.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

On the way back to the north end of Big Island--I had left my camp chair and some gear there (and it was too early to anchor anyway), I made a stopover at a little granite island just to the east:

1.4.jpg

Just idling around with no particular destination, and no plan beyond seeing a bit of the flowage. After a long COVID-19 winter, it was nice to be out on the water for a couple of days, with no one to worry about but my ownself (and I'm pretty low-maintenance, so not much prone to worrying anyway).

island landing.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! It's Phineas in the movie, I think--Phileas in the book, though.

Tom
    Well - you can tell I just watched it on Masterpiece, eh? Scary to say that the book was ~50 years ago. Right you are!

Please continue with your voyage & ignore the peanut gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Well - you can tell I just watched it on Masterpiece, eh? Scary to say that the book was ~50 years ago.
    More like 150 bud, 1872 first edition (in French of course) of Around the World in 80 Days.

Maybe you're remembering the first one from back in 1956? I do, barely.
    I prefer true but imperfect knowledge, even if it leaves much undetermined and unpredictable, to a pretence of exact knowledge that is likely to be false

Frederich von Hayek 1974 Nobel Prize lecture

Quote Originally Posted by sp_clark View Post
    More like 150 bud, 1872 first edition (in French of course) of Around the World in 80 Days.

Maybe you're remembering the first one from back in 1956? I do, barely.
    Sorry - what I meant was that I read it 50 years ago!

OK, on with a bit more of the trip. I spent maybe an hour rowing down the leeward side of Big Island and then back to get my gear. I hung out on shore for a while, leaving the boat parked in the sand as the wind kept dropping toward more sane levels.

beached.jpg

Then, having looked over the options on the map I had downloaded (complete with the inevitable "Map not for navigational purposes" disclaimer, which always makes me smile), I sailed west to check out a little sheltered bay about a mile from Big Island. I figured there would be something interesting, and it was calm enough to make for a perfect evening sail (though I did keep the double reef tied in, that was more from laziness than from actual need).

map 1.5.jpg

Sunset wasn't too far off, but I wanted to see if I could explore up one of the creeks emptying into the main flowage. First there was the crossing from Big Island, which took just a few minutes:

sailing 4.1.jpg
    Last edited by WI-Tom; 03-04-2022 at 05:34 PM.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Then, so close in to the windward shore, I found myself ghosting along through the unnamed bay west of Long Island. A nice change of pace from the white-knuckle sailing from earlier in the day! I normally would row when the wind drops off, but I just sat to leeward to keep some wind in the sail, and kept sliding slowly along. Eventually I entered the mouth of the creek where I lost the wind entirely. There were a few cottages on this side of the flowage, but they all seemed empty yet. I dropped the rig, left the mast up (no windage worries here) and rowed up the creek a ways:

creek.jpg

Very shallow, very calm. Quiet, except for the birds and frogs--lots of frogs. The sun was below the trees so close in to shore. A nice little evening of exploring.

Eventually some downed trees blocked further progress upstream, so I turned around, hoisted the sail, and ghooooooosted along so slowly downstream that I could barely tell I was moving. Eventually, though, I did get back out to the main waters of the flowage, to find more sun, and enough of a breeze to cross over to explore the cove on Long Island's west side. Long Island was pretty tall, so I was hoping to find a cliff or two to scramble up.

Yep--cliffy. I pulled in at the base of a slab of granite, scrambled ashore through thigh-deep water alongside a floating log jam, and tied the boat off to a big-ish, loose-ish rock halfway up the slab:

island 2.2.jpg
    Last edited by WI-Tom; 03-04-2022 at 05:35 PM.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

After tying up the boat (I may have bumped into the log jam a bit more energetically than intended, misjudging the intertia of the boat with a slight breeze dead aft), and continued on to the summit to enjoy a second sunset from my higher vantage point. It's not often I get to enjoy two sunsets in one day! Turns out the summit of Long Island was maybe 40' above the water.

cliff.jpg

Then it was time to head back to my anchorage on the east side of Big Island. Along the way, I discovered that spring's high water levels had transformed Long Island into Long Islands--a channel separated two of the islands lobes. Deep enough to row through? One way to find out...

channel.jpg

About ten seconds after taking this picture, a whitetail deer charged across the channel from left to right, snorting and breathing heavily, splashing right past the bow, maybe 2' away. Living in Wisconsin, it's almost a rite of passage to hit a deer or five with your car throughout your driving career (I think my lifetime total is two), but this was the first time I had (almost) accomplished it with a boat. A sail & oar boat, no less.

Back to Big Island's sheltered eastern side for the night.

map 1.7.jpg
    Last edited by WI-Tom; 03-04-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

There were some mosquitoes buzzing around the woods now at dusk, so I figured I'd anchor a bit farther offshore than usual. Setting up FOGG's sleeping platform involved the usual clumsy shuffling of gear, which tends to end up with everything pulled out from under the platform and being piled up in the footwell under the tiller. It takes a while. A custom boat tent, rather than the solo backpacking tent I'm using now, would make this process go much more smoothly. Who knows? Maybe I'll finish a real boat tent for this season.

jumble.jpg

The tent itself is valuable mainly to keep the mosquitoes away. It's a Eureka Solo tent, and seems waterproof enough (though a bit low-quality in execution/design), and is a good compromise temporary tent, but there's no room for sitting up. Yep, time for a custom boat tent, I think. Soon...

tent.jpg

The full moon (nope, hadn't planned it that way, but it was a nice touch) made my anchorage about as brightly lit as camping under a set of street lights. I was actually able to read (outside the tent) without a light well into the evening.

moon.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Nice Tom, following along. And now I know what a flowage is...

-Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rgthom View Post
    Nice Tom, following along. And now I know what a flowage is...

-Rick
    Funny, it never occurred to me that "flowage" was a Wisconsin-specific term until I started talking about it with weird people like Californians!

On with the trip. Some who have plowed through the--shall we say "energetic"--threads on sail & oar boats and sail & oar cruising back in the James McMullen days of the WBF might remember several debates over the merits of sleeping on platforms vs. sleeping on floorboards.

I was always puzzled by the way the floorboard guys (including McMullen) would consistently make the argument that sleeping on a platform inevitably led to a sleepless night of rocking and wobbling. Not so! I would always say. That must have more to do with the boat's design and platform layout. I never experience any rocking or wobbling, and I always sleep on a platform.

Well...

On this trip it finally occurred to me that I usually "anchor" in knee-deep water alongside shore, with the bow often tied directly to shore (no bothersome tides). Which always gave me a perfectly--and I mean PERFECTLY--sheltered anchorage. Not so here on the east side of Big Island.

About halfway through the night, the wind slowly veered out of the southwest and into the north. As it did, it sent the merest ripples around Big Island into my anchorage. No danger, we're talking maybe inch-high refracted waves. But MORE than enough to cause the kind of crazy yawing and rocking McMullen and others had criticized platforms for. Hmm... I suspect that was partly because I was farther offshore than usual, and also because I was anchored only at the bow, and not at both ends (bow tied to shore, anchor off the stern) as is typical. But yep, it made it pretty hard to sleep much. More like a night of continuous three-minute catnaps.

So there you go, James--you might have known what you were talking about!

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

So, morning. A gray and blustery-looking day, with the winds out of the north. And I had eaten my entire food supply for the trip--all my almonds, all my cashews. Combined, these conditions seemed to indicate an opportune time to sail southward back to the car, and thence to somewhere I could find some food. But there was no rush--I figured I could explore the flowage's eastern arm a bit, and maybe manage to row up Luoma Creek (I've become really fond of exploring up little creeks--perfect sideline adventures).

map 1.8.jpg

By the time I got the boat packed up and the sail hoisted, it was windy again, straight out of the north this time. I double-reefed again and headed east from Big Island on a port tack, fairly relaxed sailing with the reefs tied in.

heading east.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

But of course, sailing on inland lakes doesn't offer the steady predictable conditions of the trade winds. As I sailed around the corner into the eastern arm, the wind bent right around with me, putting me on a way-too-windy (Force 7-ish again, maybe) broad reach up the eastern arm. I just hung on for the ride, knowing that once I turned the corner around the headland I'd be in the calm again. And so it was:

map 1.9.jpg

Very windy out on the lake, but tucked in close to a windward shore, I was gliding along under oars with no trouble. Though the thought of how I was going to work back to my waiting car and trailer did start creeping in at the edges of my thoughts... Lots of loons out on the lake, calling their eerie wobbling calls and ducking in and out of the water. I like loons a lot.

I did manage to enter Luoma Creek as planned, but it dead-ended with some downed trees and a bridge just a hundred yards upstream or so.

creek 2.jpg
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

And then it was time for the return journey. Out on the main waters of the flowage--unless things had changed--the wind was still a strong northerly. No problem to gybe my way (cautiously, double-reefed) back to the car. But here in the eastern arm, the land had bent the wind into a very strong westerly--and I would have to go almost due west to get out. Hmm...

The first bit, alongside the windward shore of the protruding peninsula running north from Luoma Creek, was easy rowing. And then I dropped the mast, gritted my teeth, and rowed around the corner into some of the strongest headwinds I've ever rowed against (again, weather reports from Gile station were showing 35+ mph consistently for the day). Nothing for it but to shorten my strokes and keep on keepin' on. Even after I turned the corner into the main flowage, with the wind now northerly, and on the starboard quarter, it wasn't the easiest or most pleasant rowing. It was gusty enough, though--and wavy enough by now--that I didn't want to mess with raising the mast and sail out in the open.

Eventually I made it to shelter behind an island (the map showed it as a peninsula) at the eastern edge of the flowage:

map 2.jpg

From here I dithered a bit, trying to decide if I wanted to raise the sail, maybe triple-reefed, and sail back to the ramp. I finally decided that if I was having a difficult time making such an obvious choice, then perhaps my experience was telling me that this wasn't a day to be running off like that. Cold water. Cold wind. Big gusts.

Finally I just left the mast down and kept rowing. You'd think (or rather, I thought) that rowing downwind like this would be easy, and pleasant. It wasn't, really. But I made it.

ramp.jpg

I wanted to take the time to row up the West Fork of the Montreal River (where the ramp was) as far as I could, but by then I was tired of rowing. It would have been a nice flatwater row, and it looked worth exploring, but the thought of rowing back into such a strong north wind was too much.

I pulled the boat out, packed up, and headed home. It was still only late May, after all. Plenty of time for further adventures. And this had been a good two days out on the water, in a place I'd never been before. Besides, I was hungry...

Tom
    Last edited by WI-Tom; 03-06-2022 at 03:30 PM.
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Thanks for bringing us along on the rest of the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeff View Post
    Thanks for bringing us along on the rest of the adventure.
    Thanks--just a little one this time, but always good to get out, especially so early in the sailing season while the school year is still going.

Any sailing trips on your horizon? Any specific plans for this season yet?

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-TOM
    Any sailing trips on your horizon? Any specific plans for this season yet?
    My season is a bit up in the air, my wife and I are expecting our first child next month so I don't know what kind of time I'll have. Hopefully I'll be able to get out on some trips here and there and I'd like to make some camping improvements to the boat. A better boom tent, galley box, better sleeping platform... The plastic tarp flapping in the breeze on my lone overnighter was pretty miserable.

My wife has family in NJ and we'd like to visit for a week or so later in the summer. I have a friend up there who built a Michalek Mayfly 14 and it would be fun to bring my boat along and go sailing with him. He recommended a 2 square mile reservoir (Spruce Run) while I was thinking Barnagate Bay. We'll see where I end up!

My season is a bit up in the air, my wife and I are expecting our first child next month so I don't know what kind of time I'll have.
    Ah! There's going to be a lot more than sailing going on for a while, I'd guess. Congratulations!

If you do make it to NJ, Barnegat Bay gets my vote, or any of the little bays and backwaters along the ICW. If I get a vote.

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

I was always puzzled by the way the floorboard guys (including McMullen) would consistently make the argument that sleeping on a platform inevitably led to a sleepless night of rocking and wobbling.

Well...

About halfway through the night, the wind slowly veered out of the southwest and into the north. As it did, it sent the merest ripples around Big Island into my anchorage. No danger, we're talking maybe inch-high refracted waves. But MORE than enough to cause the kind of crazy yawing and rocking McMullen and others had criticized platforms for. Hmm... I suspect that was partly because I was farther offshore than usual, and also because I was anchored only at the bow, and not at both ends (bow tied to shore, anchor off the stern) as is typical. But yep, it made it pretty hard to sleep much. More like a night of continuous three-minute catnaps.

Tom
    Tom,
    I think the behaviour you describe in the extremely small ripples is an artifact of the hull design of the Alaska, perhaps together with the weight of a body on the sleeping platform raising the centre of gravity and the centre of effort of the tented boat being somewhere amidships, not aft.

Several times I experienced the exact same thing with my Alaska, Hornpipe. It seemed to happen in just the wrong combination of light wind and small ripples. The boat would yaw to one side, the rocking would start and the motion would amplify to a certain point, then more or less come to a stop, only to start up again. As you say, impossible to sleep soundly.
    Alex

“It's only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose.”
    - Joseph Conrad, An Outcast of the Islands

http://www.alexzimmerman.ca

Alex,

interesting indeed. It makes me happy that my usual "anchorage" is a step or two away from shore, tucked way into an island where no wind or ripples can reach.

How's your motor sailer progressing? Launching sometime this year, maybe?

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

How's your motor sailer progressing? Launching sometime this year, maybe?

Plugging away. Time for an update on my thread, I guess.

No target launch date except that I hope to be able to get some cruising time in before the summer is out.
    Alex

“It's only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose.”
    - Joseph Conrad, An Outcast of the Islands

http://www.alexzimmerman.ca

Ah! There's going to be a lot more than sailing going on for a while, I'd guess. Congratulations!

If you do make it to NJ, Barnegat Bay gets my vote, or any of the little bays and backwaters along the ICW. If I get a vote.

Tom
    Thanks! Most of my winter refit has been spent building a nursery, but I'm nearly there.

I'd really like to explore Barnegat Bay, but my buddy is a little apprehensive about tides and currents. I don't think he's had his Mayfly in anything but reservoirs. Maybe we'd just take my boat out. The marsh west of Harvey Cedars on LBI looks like it might be an interesting place to poke around... lots of little islands and cuts through the marsh.

Have you got ideas for this summer?

Thanks! Most of my winter refit has been spent building a nursery, but I'm nearly there.

I'd really like to explore Barnegat Bay, but my buddy is a little apprehensive about tides and currents. I don't think he's had his Mayfly in anything but reservoirs. Maybe we'd just take my boat out. The marsh west of Harvey Cedars on LBI looks like it might be an interesting place to poke around... lots of little islands and cuts through the marsh.
    Sounds pretty cool. I hope you get out there.

Have you got ideas for this summer?
    Oh, I always have ideas...

I have a 1-week(ish) local trip in mind for early May, maybe.

Then maybe a return to Georgian Bay (I'm hoping my brother can come along), or perhaps a bigger solo trip on bigger waters. Pukwaska in the NE corner of Lake Superior is on the list. As is the entire Lake Superior north shore, Thunder Bay to Pukwaska and beyond. Maybe a side trip to Isle Royale, but that seems a bit of a lower priority. And then there's a couple of other big lakes in Canada.

Lots of ideas! I'm hoping those pesky Canadians don't close the border again...

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

Thanks, Tom. Another little cruising gem on an unknown Wisconsin waterway. I enjoyed this very much.

Nice!

Let me know if you head over my way this summer.

Dave