Page 124 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2474114123124125134174 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,340 of 7535

Thread: Ukraine

Default Re: Ukraine

Well, that's got to be a bit close to home. Welcome to the war you started :-/
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

English language. With video.

Toyota Land Cruiser blew up driving down the highway. Most car bombs detonate when the car is started. Dad was supposed to be in the car with her, but decided to ride with somebody else at the last moment.

She was apparently on board with her father's ideology. Not shedding a lot of tears. Pity he missed the party.

https://www.news18.com/news/world/da...s-5792539.html

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/world/daugh...losion/2665902

https://odessa-journal.com/they-want...moscow-region/
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Nice guy.

And good riddance, to him and his daughter.

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-715166

In 2019, Dugin held a widely publicized debate with French-Jewish philosopher Bernard-Henri Levy hosted by the Nexus Institute in Amsterdam, where Levy accused him of being fascist, racist and antisemitic.

"The epitome of today's nihilism is you," Levy charged at the time. "And your friends. And the Eurasian current. And the morbid atmosphere that fills your books. And how it dissolves the very idea of human rights, of personal freedoms, of singularities, into some large blocks of community, great religions, sacred origins."

He further said to Dugin "you clearly are antisemitic."

Dugin argued that he was against fascism, nihilism and racism - including antisemitism. "Racism is an Anglo-Saxon liberal construction based on a hierarchy between peoples. I think this is criminal," he said. "And I think that now, globalism repeats this same crime, because what the globalists, the liberals, like yourself and people who support your ideas, now try to affirm as universal values, are simply modern, Western, liberal values. And that is a new kind of racism; cultural, civilizational racism."

Dugin had also accused Levy of being antisemitic as he is Jewish but an atheist. "I have many friends in Israel, in traditionalist circles of Israel that share my opinion. They are Jews who believe in God. In contrast with you, you define yourself as a Jew who doesn’t believe in the Jewish God. For my friends, this would be absolutely antisemitic, because the Jews are the people of God, and that is the essence. So without God the Jews lose their essence, their religious mission, their place in history."

Nearly three years later, Levy recounted his debate with Dugin, who he called an "inspirer of Putinism."

"I discussed seriously. But I was intimately laughing at this hodgepodge, this patchwork, this accumulation of pieces coming from ghost theories, vaguely assembled," Levy recalled. "It was not difficult to dismantle the whole thing. He was a plain racist and antisemitic. He was officially homophobic. And really fascist. All the green lights of fascism were switched on. It was like a bazaar where you could find all the worst of European ideologies of the 20th century."
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but state sponsored assassination doesn't really seem to be Ukraine's style, and I'm far from convinced it would be in their best interest to go down that path.
    Partisans, sympathisers, pi$$ed off Chechens, the revenge of the oligarchs - whodunnit?

Pete
    The Ignore feature, lowering blood pressure since 1862. Ahhhhhhh.

I agree with Pete, this doesn’t look like Ukrainian style.

Igor Sushko points out in a series of tweets that the car will have been under the eyes of the Russian security services at all times, given the high profile of the owners.

Car bomb assassination in #Moscow. Alexander Dugin's daughter Darya is dead. #Dugin was on location and the likely target. He calls for a totalitarian Russian Empire to control the Eurasian continent from Dublin to Vladivostok to challenge America and "Atlanticism".

#AlexanderDugin appeared to have arrived on the scene shortly after the explosion that killed his daughter, herself an ultra nationalist that called for the Ukrainian genocide and mass executions. He was probably expected to get in the car with her.

UPDATE: Fascist Dugin did indeed arrive in this car with his fascist daughter to the event. Was expected to depart together with her, but either changed plans or was late.

UPDATE #2: Alexander #Dugin, fascist, ultra-nationalist, chief proponent of wiping #Ukraine off of the map, & one of the closest advisors to #Putin, is in the hospital after his fascist adult daughter was assassinated by a car bomb. This is all ominous for Putin.

Given the #Russian regime leaks like a sieve, if there was any splintering between Dugin and Putin, we'd have heard about it. Given that Putin & Dugin are tied at the hips, the assassination will be considered a direct attack on #Pedoputin.

UPDATE #3: Dugin's parked car was under active security prior to the car bomb detonating & killing his mirror-image fascist adult daughter. He was supposed to be in the car. Only Russian security services could have accessed the car while it was parked such as FSB, GRU, FSO, etc.

If this had happened in a Chinese context I would have muttered “Killing the cat to scare the monkey”. In a Russian context one thinks of Rasputin.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

So one man's terrorist really is another man's freedom fighter...

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    No Chimp, Putin no invade?
    Quite possibly. Bush's invasion of Iraq made it a lot easier to convince people in other countries that real great powers can do such things and get away with it.

Then again, no Kaiser, no Hitler, but Hitler was still a monster.

While one sick individual seems to believe this is something to be celebrated, it also highlights the hypocrisy of freedom of expression, speech and thought being restricted to only opinions he agrees with.

Also he can not seem to focus that intellect, to see what a gift this is to Putin in the domestic propaganda and support for his war.

Same story in the “Guardian”:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...moscow-reports
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

I assumed it was domestic terrorism, a move against Putin from within Russia. Putin would not want to publicise this if it was and would be more likely to blame Ukraine to justify his actions against Ukraine.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
    Bruce Cockburn

Sure it wasn't Putting grtting rid of a potential rival? A 'purer' one?

If, which I doubt, Ukraine’s secret service are going in for assassination, I think they are more likely to choose a target to take out who has some military value.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

All the guys on the security detail are screwed.

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

If it wasn't Ukraine and it wasn't Putin, the third option could be an internal Russian insurgency.
    Some peeps getting organised.

Russians know they live in a dictatorship.
    They know their apathy brought them there.
    Possible. The serfdomness of Russians is strong, they seem to like being under control. Like an old favourite jacket. But maybe not everyone.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim 68 View Post
    While one sick individual seems to believe this is something to be celebrated, it also highlights the hypocrisy of freedom of expression, speech and thought being restricted to only opinions he agrees with.

Also he can not seem to focus that intellect, to see what a gift this is to Putin in the domestic propaganda and support for his war.
    It's a gift to Putin, and it does nothing for Ukraine, so who do you reckon is responsible? It seems like the FSB were the only ones to have had access to the car. I'm puzzled by this. I doubt Ukraine could pull it off, and I doubt they would care to. So who would, and who could?

Quote Originally Posted by johnw View Post
    It's a gift to Putin, and it does nothing for Ukraine, so who do you reckon is responsible? It seems like the FSB were the only ones to have had access to the car. I'm puzzled by this. I doubt Ukraine could pull it off, and I doubt they would care to. So who would, and who could?
    And why did dad (Putins friend - yuck) decide to get into a different car at the last minute.
    Not for a second saying he was part of it, but he might have been encouraged to choose a different vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsie View Post
    If it wasn't Ukraine and it wasn't Putin, the third option could be an internal Russian insurgency.
    Some peeps getting organised.

Russians know they live in a dictatorship.
    They know their apathy brought them there.
    Possible. The serfdomness of Russians is strong, they seem to like being under control. Like an old favourite jacket. But maybe not everyone.
    See here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oscow-car-bomb

They have just published a manifesto:

Last edited by Andrew Craig-Bennett; 08-21-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

“This action, like many other partisan actions carried out on the territory of Russia in recent months, was carried out by the National Republican Army (NRA),” Ponomarev said. He was speaking in a 7pm broadcast on February Morning, a Russian-language opposition TV channel he launched in Kyiv earlier this year.

Typo?

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

The plot thickens.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadim 68 View Post

Which is why he is the most likely suspect.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

I wonder how deep and widespread the NRA anger runs.
    That attack would have taken serious skills, resources and planning. Speaks to organisation.

That attack would have taken serious skills, resources and planning. Speaks to organisation.

From the photo I saw -- roof blown off, doors and rear hatch sprung off the frames -- it looked the device was inside the car, not under it.

Also . . . .

What kind of support from CIA, MI6, . . .?

Restful sleep just got more precious and rare for the Kremlin orcs. Inside job? Externally initiated? The mystery and uncertainty of it all is another powerful weapon, even more so than if Ukraine actually had the ability to deliver such presents to the ruling sociopaths on their own.

But for Russian trolls, it’s rather hilariously too soon to talk about the assassination of Rasputin’s spiritual daughter. Too soon? Hell, what took them so long?

Hello boogeymen! Welcome to the party!
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

The orcs have now decided that a Ukrainian woman who recently travelled from Moscow to Estonia with her twelve year old daughter planted the bomb, and they are of course threatening Estonia, a NATO member, with all sorts of horrible consequences if she is not handed over:

IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Carey View Post
    Also . . . .

What kind of support from CIA, MI6, . . .?
    Perhaps the CIA might supply means, but there is little to no possibility covert forces of the west actually could deliver the package given the watchful eyes of Russian operatives and Dugin’s relationship to Putin. Nope, this smells like an inside job, one way or another. There are any number of reasons why this lines up.

We in the West certainly have our reasons too, of course. We have spent years laboring under the influence of Russian meddling as have most other western style democracies. As notable anti-Semites, Dugin and his daughter present as worthy targets. We might even speculate if Mossad could have played a rule. But that is less likely than the more obvious conclusion that it would have taken someone or something internal to the apparatus, assuming the car was under the protection of Russian security forces for the duration as has been especulated here and elsewhere.

Things just got even more murky and ever more unsettling in just about every dimension of this conflict. Especially if you’re Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Craig-Bennett View Post
    The orcs have now decided that a Ukrainian woman who recently travelled from Moscow to Estonia with her twelve year old daughter planted the bomb, and they are of course threatening Estonia, a NATO member, with all sorts of horrible consequences if she is not handed over:

It’s how they work. Finding the guilty party is considerably less important than just finding somebody who can be claimed to be guilty.

The thought that this could have been a message from Putin (or someone in Putin's orbit who is displeased with Dugin's influence on Putin) to Dugin would seem likely.

The car was apparently Dugin's and was being borrowed by the daughter - she could have been an unintended target.

The (likely) false narrative that this was done by Ukrainians is useful for domestic consumption as well.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

There are unconfirmed reports that the Antonovsky bridge over the Dnipro river, the last road access to Kherson from Russian occupied territory, was hit by missiles when an ammunition convoy was on the bridge, which is now said to have collapsed. No pictures, though.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    The thought that this could have been a message from Putin (or someone in Putin's orbit who is displeased with Dugin's influence on Putin) to Dugin would seem likely.

The car was apparently Dugin's and was being borrowed by the daughter - she could have been an unintended target.

The (likely) false narrative that this was done by Ukrainians is useful for domestic consumption as well.
    I've got to wonder how Putin is feeling toward the man who convinced him invading Ukraine would be a lark.

Putin needs something that will motivate the Russian people to let him mobilize for war. In '99, the apartment bombings riled up the public and gave him the second Chechen war. False-flag bombings are very much in his wheelhouse.

If I were Jewish and Russian, I think I would feel much safer in Israel.

Ukraine war: Thousands of Jews quit Russia amid fears of persecution https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62564122
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Pogrom is a Russian word, right?
    If Russia wins, there will be no Ukraine; if Ukraine wins, there will be a new Russia.

-- Dmytro Kuleba, Foreign Minister of Ukraine

Possible show trial of troops from Mariupol. If charged with terrorism they'll most likely be executed- https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...inian-soldiers JayInOz