Thread: Anyone else here track ISS?

Default Anyone else here track ISS?

The ‘ISS Spotter’ app tells you when and where you can see it. If you have clear skies, it can be pretty spectacular. It is fast and bright. There is no mistaking it for a plane or other satellite. I put the binocs on it tonight and could actually distinguish the shape with the solar panels.

A94872BF-CA7A-4E7A-934A-B4E7EA73A001.jpg

C6DC7AF4-F1CF-466D-8B83-864FEACB984A.jpg

Default Re: Anyone else here track ISS?

I've got a tracker app on my phone, never looked at it with binoculars. I'll try that once it gets warmer.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I use ISSWATCH and SkyView. Both work well. I really enjoy viewing with students or other people who haven’t seen it before. Kinda amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get the glasses on it, you really realize how fast it’s transiting the sky.

We watched it passing directly overhead the other night. What a sight that must be from there looking down and out into the heavens. This is the NASA site where we signed up for getting e-mail notifications: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/signup.cfm
    "So we beat on, paddleboats against the wake of a neighbor’s jet ski, born back ceaselessly into the past." The Great Lakes Gatsby

Love the ISS!

I first saw it in the late 90s while driving home, in the darkest skies you can possibly get, here in Scotland.

It's got much, much brighter over time.

I really want to see an overhead pass from a location much further south - it's never near the azimuth, here. (55.9°N)

Andy
    "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Love the ISS!

I first saw it in the late 90s while driving home, in the darkest skies you can possibly get, here in Scotland.

It's got much, much brighter over time.

I really want to see an overhead pass from a location much further south - it's never near the azimuth, here. (55.9°N)

Andy
    I had a couple of early versions of Oculus (doesn’t work anymore unless I upgrade my video card). My favorite VR app was a full highly detailed model of the ISS. I could explore both inside and outside with a very real sense of weightless movement. I got very familiar with its configuration and views. When Facebook bought Oculus, I decided my next VR will be a different platform, but I really miss exploring ISS.

First time I saw it was a bit of a shock, I wasn't expecting it to be so bright.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned

No, but now that we are in ABQ with many clear nights, I hope to.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Every Republican is an obstacle to progress.