Thread: Catboat Kit

Default Catboat Kit

Anybody know of a company that offers a catboat kit? Something bigger that 14 feet or so. I've looked at the popular boat plans/kits offered by the usual companies. Traditional , single mast , gaff rig. As far as I can tell no one offers a kit.
    Last edited by David Satter; 01-07-2022 at 10:15 AM.
    David Satter www.sattersrestoration.com
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" Ben Franklin

Default Re: Catboat Kit

Are you familiar with the Bolger Bobcat? Simple enough to build, but if you really must have a kit you could hire someone with a CNC machine to make one for you.

Instant Boat has paper patterns of the parts, for Bobcat, which is very close to a kit. Frank

Length to beam isn't as extreme as a 'cat boat' and the aesthetic is slightly different but the Ebihen 15 & 16 is a CNC clinker ply kit which is pretty close in layout to what you're after.

I do really like that boat . I know Viver boats from Clint Chase. That's a beautiful boat! I'll look into it.
    David Satter www.sattersrestoration.com
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" Ben Franklin