Thread: Puppers

Default Puppers

Our foster pups are six weeks old today. First time out in the snow.

P1050972.jpg

P1050973.jpg

P1051036-1.jpg

P1051017-1.jpg

P1051008-1.jpg

Default Re: Puppers

There are some litters of puppies at the kennel in Alabama. One of Blue Heelers and another of yellow labs. I seriously thought of bring one of each back with me!
    Pet photography, the degree you get when you fail aromatherapy - Duck D.

I really like this one...

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Is Squirt/Skunk a boy or a girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I really like this one...
    Squirt is a girl.

IMG_3449.jpg

Cowboy is the one male of the four white and black bunch. The tan one and the black/tan are also males. They are all available for adoption through rezqdogs and will be ready to go Jan. 19th. The mom is available too and is spayed now.

IMG_3377.jpg

Pups were eight weeks old yesterday. We had adopters in line for all six of them, but one adopter had to back out. One pup went to her new home this afternoon, three more go in a couple days, and the fifth goes sometime next week. That leaves one still available. Someone is interested in adopting the mom and is coming for a visit soon. They seem like they could be a good fit.

Mom dog, German Shep mix, about 50 lbs, and smart as:

momdog.jpg

I think Squirt got Mom's brains had great curiosity but not fear in her eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Canoeyawl View Post
    I think Squirt got Mom's brains had great curiosity but not fear in her eyes...

I think that's a pretty good assessment.

Her sister is very similar in traits and behavior.

Finpup.jpg

northern Georgia, or Mississippi Delta USA

My sister has her own dogs, plus she usually has at least a couple of fosters. The fosters are normally small breeds.

The last of the pups went off to their new homes yesterday. Nine and a half weeks old.

P1260996.jpg

They were the last two born but were the first to do a lot of things, especially 'Fin', the last born; first to climb out of the whelping nest; first to climb over the two foot high caged area and doorway gate; figured out stairs and dog doors ... load up into the trailer …

P1221048.jpg

… meet a burro …

P1221057.jpg

P1221066.jpg
    (Hot-wire was for mom-dog and turned off when pups were out.)

… belly up to the bar for a beer …

P1221085.jpg

It’s oddly quite around the house now and feels like an energy vacuum. I miss the little boogers but glad they've all gone to good homes and good people.

I was delivering a package today and chatting to the woman who came to the door when her young son came out followed by a really cute little miniature poodle pup, sort of a cinnamon colour. I said I bet that was expensive. Her son looked at her and she said Oh no not all- Santa brought this one. We were really lucky- otherwise it would have cost just over five thousand dollars. I said You're kidding. She said Oh no I'm not. Bloody heck. The pups from our dogs are far from pure but they're just as cute and I give them away free. JayInOz

Nothing pure about these pups either Jay.

They all went to their new homes having been wormed, vaxxed, and fixed. Those are the adoption conditions with the rescue organization.

Mom-dog went away with her new owner yesterday and I can’t imagine a better pairing. Glad for that. Our job is done with that project.

Adios Shep.

Fin and mom.jpg

It’s heartwarming to get updates and photos from all of the adopters.
    Last edited by J P; 02-08-2022 at 01:26 AM.

I saw an ad the other day (a gag). The ad read ‘I need to re-home a dog. It’s a small terrier. It barks all day. So let me know if you’re interested and I’ll climb over my neighbor’s fence to get it for you.’
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    Did anything interesting come out of the DNA analysis?

Please post any update photos of the pups as adults.
    Yeah, the DNA results are interesting, but not too surprising. We sampled the two pups that we thought were the most different, thinking maybe there had been more than one father involved, but their DNA reports are nearly identical with 13-14 different breeds in the mutt-mix.

I'd love to see these dogs as adults. They're scattered all over the state.
    Last edited by J P; 02-08-2022 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    I saw an ad the other day (a gag). The ad read ‘I need to re-home a dog. It’s a small terrier. It barks all day. So let me know if you’re interested and I’ll climb over my neighbor’s fence to get it for you.’
    A feller about four hundred yards east of here has two little dogs and three German Shepherds. One of the Shepherds barks for a minimum of an hour every night- that high pitched, effeminate bark that most of them seem to have. This time of year the wind is usually out of the west, but we've had east to south easterly breeze for several days now, so the dog sounds like it's right there. It does this long series of mindless barks and yaps, pauses for three seconds and repeats. On Friday night it barked continuously from 7.30 pm 'til 11.30, and then midnight 'til almost two. I have to keep the bedroom window closed and a noisy fan going to have any hope of sleeping. It's been going on for a year now and I've never once heard anybody tell it to shut up. I'm not angry with the dog, but I'd like to punch the snot out of the inconsiderate s###head who owns it. JayInOz

Quote Originally Posted by JayInOz View Post
    I'm not angry with the dog, but I'd like to punch the snot out of the inconsiderate s###head who owns it.
    We share that too it seems Jay.

Lived with something similar back maybe 40 years ago. It was more like 200 feet with us rather than the 1200 in yours, just one dog.

Some find it too easy to ignore the proper responsibilities of 'owning' other creatures.
    When the people wanted the Constitution amended, it was amended. When the elites wanted the Constitution amended, but the people did not, that is called democracy."

Thomas Sowell, JWR August 3, 2022

had a back fence bachelor neighbor at our previous place in town, with the saddest, loneliest, most effed up golden retriever. that thing would bark nonstop anytime it was let outside, or left out alone. and the poor critter was alone allll the time. i tried the normal conversational things with the owner. then an anonymous note taped on his door in the middle of the night. and when those had no effect i finally had to drop a dime on him.

some people are incredibly clueless. and most of those should simply not have a dog, period.

but anyway, nice puppers, jp.

I was in a yard in town one day and next door there was a big dog barking- just a constant, repetitive, bored out of its head bark. I thought I'll bet the feller who owns that dog doesn't know it barks like that when he's not home. I looked over the fence and the feller was sitting on his bum in the driveway working on his car! The dog was only a few yards from him barking continuously and he was oblivious! How can somebody be that unaware and make it to adulthood? JayInOz

one of the kindest men i have ever known, eddie knight
    who, at my mother's urging i hired to manage the socialization, training, and animal welfare program at my kennel
    saw a german shepherd puppy tied to a tree each day on his way to work for almost a year
    he never saw the dog given any attention
    one day he stopped and offered to buy the dog
    the lady who owned it acquiesced and sold him the dog
    three years later he was the number one rated confirmation german shepherd dog in the united states and went on to win his class at westminster
    eddie quit working for me then and began a new part of his life running a dog rescue organization funded by shaq
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Great story Paul.

warmed the cockles of my heart

Received an update on one of the pups.

From this – the black one in the middle:

PB280672.jpg

To this, today -- seven months old now:

farklecoda20220628.jpg

He has his mom’s eyes and from the reports, her brains as well. Ears don’t seem to be sure what they want to do.
    He’s friendly with people and other dogs and adores his older lab 'brother'. Even now that he’s as large as the lab, he still snuggles with him for naps.

I hope all the other pups are doing as well.

So handsome.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Not a puppy anymore. Opie just turned two.
    E0C15392-85A1-4F14-AE84-964EA1B2C428.jpg
    ITS CHAOS, BE KIND

Heartbreaker! Wow what a handsome intelligent looking dog..!

6EAD8D74-5C31-48ED-8682-713D5ADDB184.jpg
    Being a puppy is hard work! You have to chew everything in sight, and wag your tail furiously!

Apollo, Maltese & Poodle mix.
    Attached Images Attached Images