Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rittenhouse Verdict Coming

Default Re: Rittenhouse Verdict Coming

A great day for Rittenhouse, he got off, but a very sad day for America. No other civilised country allows people to carry guns unless part of the police or military. So one gets to conclude tha the US is not civilised.

one for our coup-counting mercenary chopper mechanic:

CB8BEC3B-76E1-4725-8A01-0381AB5C90A2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Seriously.

Making jokes about a tragic situation. Two dead, one injured by a confused and feckless youngster. And no, zero, zip, consequence for his actions. Both sad, and you laugh.
    Two dead because they attacked a kid. The third wounded because he chased, advanced on, and pointed a gun at the kid. Read their criminal history, and tell me you feel sorry for them...

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...osha-shooting/

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    Brian - I regard you as a friend who I get to disagree with. But I have to ask: are you becoming more tribal as time goes by... and less human?
    Not tribal, just immune to liberal bull****.

IMG_1647.JPG

kyledown.jpg
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    one for our coup-counting mercenary chopper mechanic:

CB8BEC3B-76E1-4725-8A01-0381AB5C90A2.jpg
    That one is actually quite funny, and made the rounds several times among contractors. It's funny because it's so true.

I personally left the overseas contracting world years ago. But am quite proud of my contribution to the troops of many nations, including the Afghans themselves.
    Last edited by BrianW; 11-20-2021 at 09:16 PM.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

How about this one?

IMG_1634.JPG

Nope. Brian just isn’t drinking the kool-aid. I’m sorry but I just don’t get it. The parallels between this case and the Ahmoud case are significant. Someone is chased by a mob because the mob mistakingly thinks the person they are chasing is the bad guy. In Kyles case he has a gun and is able to fight back. In Ahmouds case he doesn’t have a gun and so he dies. Now the liberals here are saying Kyle is wrong for fighting back, but at the same time they say it’s too bad that Ahmoud couldn’t fight back. I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    Kyle should have not ever walked the streets with a firearm, if I saw him on the street like that, I’d have perceived him as a deadly threat and retreated. If retreat was not possible, I’d have responded with deadly force. He was there for a fight, that’s the difference between Kyle and Ahmoud.
    If only Ahmoud had been armed too right?

Your country is fooked. Only the armed members stand a chance right Mike?

I mean, you’re armed right Mike?

So you’re different from Kyle how?

. But am quite proud of my contribution to the troops of many nations, including the Afghans themselves.
    fart
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Ahmoud was not there for a fight, had he had a firearm and used it, it would have been self defense. What Kyle did was self defense but the aggressors were, from my viewpoint, trying to drive him, the initial aggressor, away. Just because the riot happening was messy and unlawful, Kyle had no business making it worse.
    Kyle was where he was because he was trying to put out a fire that rioters had lit. It was a town that his dad lives in, that his grandmother lives in, that he works in, and that he probably spends more time in than most. So was he there for a fight? No, I think that’s projection. He was never the initial aggressor. The rioters were.

Why do you carry a gun Mike? To defend yourself from aggression. What did Kyle do? Defend himself from aggression. So although you may think you are different, you aren’t. Well. Maybe you are, because Kyle actually pulled the trigger. You may or may not be able to.
    You say he looked for conflict. Others could say that if you feel the need to carry you should move because otherwise you are looking for conflict by staying where you are. It’s all perspective.

Will this verdict come to be seen as the "Fort Sumter" of America's 2nd civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    How about this one?

IMG_1634.JPG
    not really funny because it's not true. how much did he settle for? we don't know. but it wasn't 250 million.

couple of ruined boys there. glad they are not my sons. but how could they be?

You’re ignoring the point. He wasn’t just carrying, he was in an aggressive posture. That’s a huge difference and you seem blind to it.
    What is “aggressive posture”.
    Is any open carry “aggressive posture”?
    is a black man running in a white neighbourhood “aggressive posture”? That is, after all, what the defendants in the Ahmoud case are arguing. Are they right? I don’t think so. Aggression is an act.

Quote Originally Posted by Decourcy View Post
    What is “aggressive posture”.
    Is any open carry “aggressive posture”?
    Yes. All else being equal, being visibly armed is a more aggressive posture than being non-visibly armed which is more aggressive than not being armed at all. This is why show of force tactics work.

Well BrianW it’s good to see you around but not so good trolling for effect on this topic to rib “the liberals”. The kid was unlawfully carrying and adding fuel to a fire. He got to play shooter and kill people in self defense. Didn’t clean graffiti, didn’t deescalate things, he came to strut around with a gun he isn’t legal to carry but he got his kill and no jail. Hell of a thing to come in to needle folks about.

All open carry is an aggressive posture, and then there are degrees in between and then the point that deadly force is right.

I don’t understand at all where a man running is aggressive unless he’s running towards someone in a way that is threatening, which he wasn’t. Parody of force, deadly force is only warranted when you are in fear of your, or someone else’s, life or grave bodily harm. A man with a gun has no right to shoot an unarmed man unless there are additional assailants and then the man with a gun cannot shoot the last unarmed man standing.
    “I don’t understand where a man running is aggressive unless he’s running towards someone in a way that’s threatening”

So the guy that ran at Kyie in an aggressive way, saying threatening things and trying to grab Kyles gun was aggressive or not? I mean Kyle was running away from him until a shot fired in the crowd startled him and made him stop and turn right? So if Ahmoud had an AR-15 strapped to his chest when he was jogging would it be ok to shoot him? I don’t think so. Neither Ahmoud nor Kyle were the aggressors.
    Last edited by Decourcy; 11-20-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Would you defend your home if a mob was threatening to burn it? How about your neighbourhood? How about your town? How about your state? Where is your line Mike? I’m sorry, but I see the mob burning and looting as the problem. So many here seem fine with giving them a free pass.

not even a meme.

just a pic of rittenhouse giving the white power hand sign. bad enough, the proud boy with him gets his face obscured.

the kid is ruined. celebrated now by the likes of madison cawthorn, paul gosar, and brian womack. a more perfect bunch of losers you could not invent.

3F673A98-6EBD-4FD4-850E-14EF152F11E2.jpg

Well, the t-shirt is right at least

Would you defend your home if a mob was threatening to burn it? How about your neighbourhood? How about your town? How about your state? Where is your line Mike? I’m sorry, but I see the mob burning and looting as the problem. So many here seem fine with giving them a free pass.
    if given the opportunity i would abandon personal property in a heartbeat rather than use force to defend it
    if presented with violence towards myself or anyone near me, i would seek first to retreat, bringing those with me, before using force
    use of force for me will be an absolute last resort always

guess that makes me a pussy
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

It’s stupid and should be unlawful for anyone to carry, period, outside of hunting with specific restrictions. I carry because I’m forced into a sick society that has lost its way. I carry because it is illogical not to within our gun culture.
    Bingo

What do you think of his motives based on that tee-shirt?
    No motive. He was being played

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    if given the opportunity i would abandon personal property in a heartbeat rather than use force to defend it
    if presented with violence towards myself or anyone near me, i would seek first to retreat, bringing those with me, before using force
    use of force for me will be an absolute last resort always

guess that makes me a pussy
    At a certain point, you can’t retreat further.

No motive. He was being played
    i tend to agree. he's been tampered with.

can you identify any tamperers on this thread. anybody playing along to score points? anybody who thinks it's funny because the "liberals" lost?

everybody lost.

At a certain point, you can’t retreat further.
    at which point, i'll do what has to be done

though since i don't keep a defensive firearm on me or at hand ready to go it will be unlikely that my response will include the use of a firearm
    Last edited by Paul Pless; 11-20-2021 at 10:29 PM.

i tend to agree. he's been tampered with.

can you identify any tamperers on this thread. anybody playing along to score points? anybody who thinks it's funny because the "liberals" lost?

everybody lost.
    Oh I agree, everybody lost.

at which point, i'll do what has to be done

though since i don't keep a defensive firearm on me or at hand ready to it will be unlikely that my response will include use of a firearm
    As I age, my tolerance decreases.

Oh I agree, everybody lost.
    i would amend one thing. rittenhouse is demonstrating his motive in that photo.

a lost boy looking for a tribe.

he has no choice now. like a prisoner who has to be in a gang to survive.

As I age, my tolerance decreases.
    the numbers say i or a loved one is significantly more likely to be injured or killed by my own defensive gun; than to ever successfully use said firearm to ward off an attack

i would amend one thing. rittenhouse is demonstrating his motive in that photo.

a lost boy looking for a tribe.

he has no choice now. like a prisoner who has to be in a gang to survive.
    Well, considering the vitriol from this board, who can really blame him for seeking another tribe? He won’t understand what allegiance with that tribe means, but it wouldn’t matter, since this tribe, and all like it, have nothing to offer but hate.
    Lost boy? Yes. But he isn’t treated as such here. “Murderer”. “Scum”. “Wish he was dead”.

the numbers say i or a loved one is significantly more likely to be injured or killed by my own defensive gun; than to ever successfully use said firearm to ward off an attack
    Damn lies and statistics right?

I wish he were brought to justice. And, I have no tribe.
    He was brought to justice. Justice mind, not vengeance. Which are you in favour of?