Thread: I've Been Archived!

Default I've Been Archived!

Small Boats, the online monthly that WoodenBoat publishes, sends out a "From the Archives" notice every month or so. And this time around, the featured stories are mine--a couple of articles about sail and oar trips to Georgian Bay. Maybe my two favoritest trips, actually.

Archived.jpg

Thanks to WoodenBoat for publishing my stuff--have a look if you're interested. Subscribers only, I think, but might be worthwhile if you're into small boat stuff. This month has a nice piece from Bruce Bateau about exploring the Columbia River by sail and oar.

Cheers,

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Default Re: I've Been Archived!

Very cool!

When our water is frozen in the north it's these tales that keep us coming back for more as we wait for the thaw.
    James D. Maxwell
    Missoula, MT
    Sailing Inland Seas
    Heron #1

Congratulations! That's an impressive achievement!

I enjoyed reading these two articles. You write very well.

I am originally from Wisconsin, but I am not familiar with that part of the Great Lakes - Lake Huron.

Your descriptions of slipping through narrow granite channels makes me add this to my list of places to see.

Wonderful!
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Outstanding Tom, your writings about your boating adventures bring to mind the stuff of boating legends from a century or more ago. Thanks for your efforts to share your experiences with us all.

Good reads, both! Thanks!

Well, you do write a good story.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned

That’s great Tom! A well deserved compliment to your writing for sure. It’s also worth noting that you regularly do things worth writing about. I always love reading about your adventures and am looking forward to more!
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I hope some of you check out Bruce's story in the October issue, too. I always like reading his stuff. Actually, there have been a lot of cool stuff in that magazine. Not only the adventure articles (my favorites, admittedly), but some handy reviews and technique articles too.

I have to say I was skeptical about the online format when it started 6 years ago (I think), but Small Boats has been great--both for readers, and writers.

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I hope some of you check out Bruce's story in the October issue, too. I always like reading his stuff. Actually, there have been a lot of cool stuff in that magazine. Not only the adventure articles (my favorites, admittedly), but some handy reviews and technique articles too.

I have to say I was skeptical about the online format when it started 6 years ago (I think), but Small Boats has been great--both for readers, and writers.

Tom
    Agreed. There is some really great writing in SBM. Well worth the price of admission.
    - Chris

Any single boat project will always expand to encompass the set of all possible boat projects.

Life is short. Go boating now!