Thread: 8:05

Default 8:05

Sometimes you’ll pass by a digital clock and the numbers will trigger a thought or memory. 7:07 or 9:11 for instance. Today, I woke up at 8:05.

LETíS GO, BIDEN!

Default Re: 8:05

Ha!

For me it was yesterday when I woke up at 6:12 - took me back to the mosquito lotion we used when I was a kid.

Yours sounds better!
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

11:11

8675 3:09

Stress the niynine

741?

A fantastic and widely underrated band, which lasted only a very short time.

Before the Fillmore East became the premier theatre for rock bands, it was called the Village Theatre. It was an old time movie theatre that had been closed for decades... around 1967, a group of East Village freaks decided to open it for concerts... but they didn't bother to either clean it, or heat it. I saw Moby Grape there, in mid-winter; the seats were filthy, and it was so cold, I had to repeatedly flick a BIC lighter to keep my hands warm... but Moby Grape didn't disappoint... a spectacular set. Sadly, one of the lead guitarists, Skip Spence, suffered mental health issues, and the band pretty much collapsed after the second album.

[/QUOTE]
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

We have two digital clocks in the house plus our phones. You would think they would all show the exact same time but they do not... Not even the phones match. How can this be?
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Today I woke up at 12.15. Back to sleep around 1. Woke again at 2.30. Back to sleep around 4.15. Woke again at 5am and got up at 6. It's not the clocks fault but I hate it anyway. JayInOz

Default 8:05

8:05 -- traditional start time for Cincinnati Reds night games.

8:05 -- first bell at my high school.
    Last edited by Nicholas Carey; 10-29-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    We have two digital clocks in the house plus our phones. You would think they would all show the exact same time but they do not... Not even the phones match. How can this be?

They are not connected to an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server to keep clock drift in check. The tier 0 NTP servers are the NIST reference atomic clocks.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

A man who has one clock knows what time it is. The man with two clocks is unsure.

At 7:27, I usually get a Creedence ear worm.