Thread: More wisdom from Beau of the 5th Column

Default More wisdom from Beau of the 5th Column

rambles more than usual, but he has a reason. He's thinking about the fallout from the Rolling Stone piece ... in which the writer interviewed a couple of people who were radicalized into participating in the Jan 6 insurrection, and are starting to see themselves get sold out.

Beau argues that as the Select Committee and the DoJ prosecutions proceed, more and more of the "leaders" who radicalized the mob are going to start to recant. To cut the mob loose, and try to backtrack from their own inciting activity. Like Boebert's carefully worded statement the other day, and Giuliani's refusal to take responsibility for vetting the lies he sold before he sold them. Like the lawyer John Eastman, who this week has alternately repudiated and re-affirmed the 6 point memo he wrote on how Pence could have ratf$cked the Certification of the Election.

Beau rambles, but gets to his point eventually ... slower, I think, because it really disturbs him. These people, radicalized and then cut loose, are going to be very, very angry. Very apt to be violent, once it dawns on them how much they've been used. How much they've lost from falling into the cult. Relationships, jobs, friends, in some cases their freedom ... over a period of 4+ years. They've lost an incalculable amount. Add to that, these folks were angry already, which is why they were ripe for being duped.

"a very bumpy ride," Beau predicts. With as much euphemism as he can possibly muster.

If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Default Re: More wisdom from Beau of the 5th Column

He is referring to Couy Griffin, the New Mexico county commissioner who is the founder of the "Cowboys for Trump" group. Look him up. He spoke at a Q Anon conference in Las Vegas a few days ago and accused Trump of abandoning those who broke into the Capital, defecated in the hallways, and clubbed and beat law enforcement officers in an attempt to stop a constitutional proceeding to count electoral votes that would formalize President-elect Joe Biden's election victory. Griffin is among those facing criminal charges for participating in the violent insurrection.

I have to say skaraborgcraft/LarixMaximus/I.Tobsur... your trolling, anti-USA posts stir up my inner Merle Haggard.

Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-27-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    " I am one of those white, common sense conservatives. I believe in science and I have not taken the shot.
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

My admiration for Beau grows with time.

And it struck me that Britain will face the same sort of problem as the people who were told that the cause of their unhappiness was the European Union find out that they were lied to.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

It is clear in the video that the person Beau refers to as "this cowboy" (as in "the crowd the this cowboy was speaking to") is Couy Griffin. "The "crowd the cowboy was speaking to" was at a Q Anon event in las Vegas this past weekend.

As for the charges... you are correct. They have merely been charged with such things as:
    Conspiracy
    Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting
    Destruction or Injury to Buildings or Property in Special Maritime and Territorial Jurisdiction
    Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
    Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting
    Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds and Carrying a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
    Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers
    Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon
    Civil Disorder and Aiding and Abetting
    Destruction of Government Property Exceeding $1,000
    Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting
    Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
    Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
    Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
    Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Building
    Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in Capitol
    Unlawful Possession of a Firearm on Capitol Grounds or Buildings
    Unlawful Entry or Remaining on Restricted Grounds without Lawful Authoirty
    Carrying a Pistol without a License Outside Home or Place of Business
    Possession of a Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device
    Theft of Government Property
    Destruction of Government Property
    Obstruction of Justice/Congress

So tell us skaraborgcraft/LarixMaximus/I.Tobsur... do you approve or disapprove?
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-28-2021 at 05:36 AM.
    " I am one of those white, common sense conservatives. I believe in science and I have not taken the shot.
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

Quote Originally Posted by I.Tobsur View Post
    Fine, he didnt mention the guys name, and some of the videos of Epps show him wearing a cowboy hat, hence the question.

Not for me to decide what your judicial system charges these people with. You are the one using the word "insurrection".
    They will charge them with what they believe they can prove in court. "Insurrection" is a very difficult thing to prove.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    They will charge them with what they believe they can prove in court. "Insurrection" is a very difficult thing to prove.
    Exactly.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

““Treason doth never prosper!” - what’s the reason?
    ”Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason!”

Sir John Harington, godson of Elizabeth 1 and inventor of the indoor flush toilet.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Quote Originally Posted by I.Tobsur View Post
    Exactly, along with sedition and treason, makes for good sound bites, not so easy to prove in court.
    Al Capone went to prison for tax evasion. When you know someone's a crook/criminal, you bust 'em for what you can. I'd prefer to see these "people" get locked up for 10 years, but unfortunately, it won't happen. What I hope will happen is that at least some of them figure out just how badly they were fooled by Trump & company.

Not being a prosecuting attorney, I may call it as I see it... a violent insurrection in an attempt to conduct a coup. "Who you gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes?
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

Quote Originally Posted by I.Tobsur
    Who exactly is anti-USA?
    You. As demonstrated by the majority of posts by your various personas. I do not believe you are well-meaning. There are plenty of well-meaning foreigners who post here. I have no need for a troll who keeps getting banned and reappearing under new IDs. From the WoodenBoat Forum FAQ: “Don't create a new user to come back in if you were temporarily or permanently banned. It's bad Karma.”
    Last edited by Tom Montgomery; 10-28-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

God help, us another one, who says they're from 'Sweden'. Same fluent but slightly non-native-speaker style of English, same political and cultural opinions, same utter lack of anything about their own life, same style of deflecting and obfuscating and changing the subject when challenged. If it isn't the same person as three or four others, it's an excellent imitation, and I would bet a fair sum on a paid Russian troll. You wouldn't think the WBF Bilge would be important enough, but apparently it is. I hate to push the button on anyone, but perhaps Scott would be interested?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

I have no idea if IRusbot has posted under another name, but SkarborgCraft (I think that's how he spelled it) posted quite a few boat related threads abovedecks.