Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: covid is over for some

Default Re: covid is over for some

Quote Originally Posted by Joe (SoCal) View Post
    Well we also flew round trip from SNA in Orange County to Newark NJ and we had to wear a mask the entire trip, including in the airport and in the Uber to and from the airport. Not a big deal IMHO

I’m with you on the jet and in the airports. I don’t have an option there, not yet anyway whether I agree with it or not. Personally I’d would have much preferred if vaccination were made mandatory and masks optional to fly. Would have been a lot less issues with disruptive passengers.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    I’m with you on the jet and in the airports. I don’t have an option there, not yet anyway whether I agree with it or not. Personally I’d would have much preferred if vaccination were made mandatory and masks optional to fly. Would have been a lot less issues with disruptive passengers.
    That and we don't drink - Big Help with maintaining the proper flight attitude
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

There is no transmission of the Covid 19 virus from (service) Dogs to humans.

Spin again Ted.

Edited to add that photo was taken by a dog loving steward who said our Service Dog was the most well behaved and quiet he's ever seen. He also added that my Service Dog was much better behaved than most kids onboard.
    Joe your usual personal exceptionalism remains profound - you can try to spin it too. Risk is low. Dogs that are stressed like humans have rapid breathing which increase the spread of virus not only to humans but to other animals.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/covid-19/pets.html

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 12.53.41 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 10-15-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    Without friends none of this is possible.

FDCE6B9D-BFDA-4E47-9AEE-4BB2EF8B2520.jpg
    Note the unmasked fellows…

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    FDCE6B9D-BFDA-4E47-9AEE-4BB2EF8B2520.jpg
    Note the unmasked fellows…
    Gotta have a caption.

“I can smell what you had for lunch through this helmet”

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Hoppe View Post
    Joe your usual personal exceptionalism remains profound - you can try to spin it too. Risk is low. Dogs that are stressed like humans have rapid breathing which increase the spread of virus not only to humans but to other animals.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/covid-19/pets.html

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 12.53.41 PM.jpg
    Dog slept the entire trip shallow breathing
    According to your post the transmission seems to be FROM humans to pets not from pets TO humans.

Please spin again.

Dog slept the entire trip shallow breathing
    According to your post the transmission seems to be FROM humans to pets not from pets TO humans.

Please spin again.
    Glad to hear that the virus does not jump between species...

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.14.18 PM.jpg

I would rather talk about where we can drink the plumpjack and a place that stays open after 7pm near you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.16.21 PM.jpg

Thanks for posting that info, Joe.

Ted/Durnick - not surprising, I'm sure, but - IMO, you are wrong. Been through it too many times to waste my time repeating (apparently, it doesn't 'take' with some).

Have a good one.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Our very own wackadoodle states AG, Doug Peterson, has issued an opinion on 'alternative treatments' - Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and 'others' - that there's so much 'conflicting' info, he's not going to prosecute any health care provider inclined to prescribe the drugs. Bet ya wonder what party he's from.

The very next story is a letter from one of our cities pulm med/hospitalists, responsible for caring for these folk. They are overwhelmed with pt's, almost all unvaxxed, and delta is affecting younger people, without other health issues. In the last few weeks, we've had a couple of folks in their 30's, and now a few in their forties, die.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I am so glad y'all have moved on. Montana now leads the country in infections per capita. Its very hard to find anyone with a mask on around here. Not service people, not wait people, nor public servants like police. We wear our masks everywhere and have been since the beginning. I am so fed with up with stupidity. I may be afflicted with suicide by redneck if the situation (i.e., stupidity) here doesn't improve soon.

Gary Davis

Aggregate intelligence is on the rise as a function of the reduction in population. People are literally dying of stupidity ala intransigent ignorance.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

​.
    According to John’s Hopkins University, over 723,000 Americans have died from the virus. For all of them COVID is over.
    " I am one of those white, common sense conservatives. I believe in science and I have not taken the shot.”
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

That and we don't drink - Big Help with maintaining the proper flight attitude
    If all the airlines removed alcohol from the jets until the mask mandate is rescinded we’d be mask free next week. None of those so called “representatives” would abide not having their drink on flights to and from DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Davis View Post
    I am so glad y'all have moved on. Montana now leads the country in infections per capita. Its very hard to find anyone with a mask on around here. Not service people, not wait people, nor public servants like police. We wear our masks everywhere and have been since the beginning. I am so fed with up with stupidity. I may be afflicted with suicide by redneck if the situation (i.e., stupidity) here doesn't improve soon.

Gary Davis
    According to worldometers Montana is currently #19 in number of cases per capita.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    According to worldometers Montana is currently #19 in number of cases per capita.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Quite a variation in deaths per million. New Jersey, Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi lead. A few more pandemics and we could slow down GHG emissions.

Joe, I'm troubled that you'd insist on mask mandates but gladly break the spirit of the law when it comes to your dog. You and Renee clearly have no disabilities.. The dog should be crated and in a paid for seat. Even better left in CA. The bicycle racing industry shows how easy it is to get a medic to say you have asthma and need albuterol. It would be the same for a mask mandate.
    Last edited by Hwyl; 10-16-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    Joe, I'm troubled that you'd insist on mask mandates but gladly break the spirit of the law when it comes to your dog. You and Renee clearly have no disabilities.. The dog should be crated and in a paid for seat. Even better left in CA. The bicycle racing industry shows how easy it is to get a medic to say you have asthma and need albuterol. It would be the same for a mask mandate.
    Well my physician and my psychiatrist disagree with you, and they don't take their medical licenses lightly by forging medical documents just so I can travel with my service dog. As a matter of fact I had to go through the whole evaluation again in order to secure the new laws requiring service animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    We're flying to North Carolina tomorrow for my mother's funeral.
    My condolences, Rich. Peace to your family.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Well my physician and my psychiatrist disagree with you, and they don't take their medical licenses lightly by forging medical documents just so I can travel with my service dog. As a matter of fact I had to go through the whole evaluation again in order to secure the new laws requiring service animals.
    then I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    I was good with wearing a mask and then got used to not wearing since being vaccinated in a very safe Covid state. My wife and I have again taken to wearing the mask in stores just to be on the super safe side. Plus, it might shield us from the common cold this winter.
    We're flying to North Carolina tomorrow for my mother's funeral. Between airport time and flights, we'll have the masks on for ten hours. That will feel strange.
    I missed this the other day! Sorry to hear you lost your mom - that's a tough one & my heart goes out to you.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

I just saw this as well. So sorry for your loss

Covid is not polio. you know that.... Not once in my life time have we been required to get vaccines for the common seasonal corona flu. People with low risks, good medical and wealth need not worry. If you don't like that is not fair then that is a different argument you can make. I will agree with you.

Why can't you accept this illness if vaccinated is not as scary to all of us it was pre vaccine and lacking proper medical protocols? My thread is about moving on and adapting to the new norms. You have. And still you are arguing old talking points that you do not fear for yourself.
    Actually the death rates are remarkably similar to polio and we don’t yet really know what the long term effects are.
    Tom

Glad to hear that the virus does not jump between species...

I would rather talk about where we can drink the plumpjack and a place that stays open after 7pm near you.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.16.21 PM.jpg
    You still own me the Plumpjack for your disinformation that Newsom was going to loose the recall. BTW Newsom won in a landslide

A place just up the road from me knows my culinary timetable and will accomodate us past 9:00

Disinformation? Wtf.

I expressed concerns. Like I will over your dinner reservations.

87D62CEC-B193-4B01-BE04-2A5196D5108E.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Hoppe; 10-16-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Heard a doc on local news say currently in Washington State it’s either get vaxxed or get covid. No middle ground.

Recently, a State Patrol detective died of covid. He was unvaccinated. They call it an On Duty death, ranking him with officers who died rescuing people, or in accidents, or were shot.
    Last edited by Jim Bow; 10-16-2021 at 08:24 PM.
    HO HO HO

Disinformation? Wtf.

I expressed concerns. Like I will over your dinner reservations.

87D62CEC-B193-4B01-BE04-2A5196D5108E.jpg
    Give me dates & times and I will make reservations

Something wouldn't let me copy the quote from above, but I was just reporting what our local TV station declared about our covid status in Montana. Maybe we're not all so bright out here under the big sky?

Gary Davis