Thread: Anchored in my front yard

Default Anchored in my front yard

145’ Vitters built ketch “Catalina” (formerly Timoneer).

66A5573A-57B7-4301-A4B6-F723F42DD959.jpg

F34853AB-5D4A-414D-9541-ACA1FC8DAD00.jpg

Default Re: Anchored in my front yard

So, where's the megayacht she is 'tender' to ???

I think the sea monster in front of it is more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ron ll View Post

145’ Vitters built ketch “Catalina” (formerly Timoneer).

66A5573A-57B7-4301-A4B6-F723F42DD959.jpg
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

This stands a yew yards behind the serpent. These are guerrilla art installed in the dark of night in that the breakwater is technically off limits. But most around here know who did them and they are well liked.

8FF591E5-DF05-4A00-BA15-BD1F1C74CFFC.jpeg
    Last edited by ron ll; 09-17-2021 at 09:12 AM.

You have a nice front yard!
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Surprised she’s anchored out. Can’t Shilshole or Elliott Bay marinas absorb a sailboat that size? It was blowing up to 30k from the south an hour or so ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Yeadon is right, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
    Surprised she’s anchored out. Can’t Shilshole or Elliott Bay marinas absorb a sailboat that size? It was blowing up to 30k from the south an hour or so ago.

Yes.

Maybe Shilshole was full up?

And I'm not sure that Shilshole Bay is a legal anchorage (though there's a mooring buoy for barges there - the sea lions like it a lot)
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Nice classic lines. Man that's a lot of spreaders. Any clue on the year she was built, and the hull material?
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Default Anchored in my front yard

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    Nice classic lines. Man that's a lot of spreaders. Any clue on the year she was built, and the hull material?

2001, aluminum.

I'm guessing that with more than 7,000 gallons of fuel aboard, her big Cat diesel logs more hours than the sails.

Here she is when new, back n 2001.

https://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/catalina

Catalina is a sailing yacht with a length of 44.75m. The yacht's builder is Vitters from Netherlands who delivered superyacht Catalina in 2001. The superyacht has a beam of 9.42m, a draft of 3.96m and a volume of 275 GT.

The Catalina, previously named Timoneer, features exterior design by Dubois Naval Architects Ltd., while her interior was penned by John Munford Design, with naval architecture by Dubois Naval Architects Ltd.. Up to 7 guests are accommodated on board the superyacht Catalina, and she also has accommodation for 8 crew members including the captain of Catalina. The yacht Catalina has a aluminium hull and aluminium superstructure. She is powered by 1 Caterpillar Inc engine, which give her a cruising speed of 12.0 kn. The yacht has a speed of 12.0 kn. The yacht carries 27,700 liters of fuel on board, and 8,000 liters of water.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

I was also surprised she anchored out, that’s pretty exposed. The basin at the south end of the marina was originally designated an anchorage of refuge, but it is much smaller since they extended the docks. The commercial fish buyers still anchor there during the season, but no one else seems to anchor there.

Catalina is a very pretty boat, very low and sleek compared to other sailboats that size. She is now inside the locks at the mega yacht marina on Commodore Way.
    Last edited by ron ll; 09-18-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    You have a nice front yard!
    Actually that is the back yard. The street is on the other side.