Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 moms pull out guns during argument at Hazelwood elementary school

Default 2 moms pull out guns during argument at Hazelwood elementary school

Midwest nice.

HAZELWOOD, Mo. — Two moms pulled out their guns during an argument outside of a Hazelwood elementary school during drop-off Tuesday morning.Nobody was hurt during the incident in the parking lot at McNair Elementary School, according to a press release from the school district.
    The parents involved have been identified and the district is taking "swift action."”

cop investigating say this show a complete lack of situational awareness as to where we are as a society:
    "You’re in a school. You’re in a neighborhood that’s safe. Why do you have a weapon?” Hudanick said.The Hazelwood School District said it does not allow weapons on school property, and doing so is also a violation of state law.”

https://www.ksdk.com/amp/article/new...mpression=true
    Last edited by CK 17; 09-16-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

Default Re: 2 moms pull out guns during argument at Hazelwood elementary school

please tell me the argument was about masks!
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

FWIW, Hazelwood's an average outer-ring suburb of St Louis, population 25K.
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

My wife’s on the school board. These deranged idiots are threatening to take the mask debate to our front door. If anything happens to me you can have my tools.

Quote Originally Posted by CK 17 View Post
    My wife’s on the school board. These deranged idiots are threatening to take the mask debate to our front door. If anything happens to me you can have my tools.
    have y'all thought about arming yourselves

it's only prudent

Kinda like being at work hun?
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

I’m (we all are) still better off without a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard38 View Post
    Kinda like being at work hun?
    yup. I have never considered retiring early until this past summer.

Start watering the lawn at night.

yup. I have never considered retiring early until this past summer.
    Same here brother. It ain’t the same.
    Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Midwest nice.

HAZELWOOD, Mo. — Two moms pulled out their guns during an argument outside of a Hazelwood elementary school during drop-off Tuesday morning.Nobody was hurt during the incident in the parking lot at McNair Elementary School, according to a press release from the school district.
    The parents involved have been identified and the district is taking "swift action."”

cop investigating say this show a complete lack of situational awareness as to where we are as a society:
    "You’re in a school. You’re in a neighborhood that’s safe. Why do you have a weapon?” Hudanick said.The Hazelwood School District said it does not allow weapons on school property, and doing so is also a violation of state law.”

https://www.ksdk.com/amp/article/new...mpression=true
    Eejits.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Article says it was because one woman cut off another in the parking lot.

This country is so f'd.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Article says it was because one woman cut off another in the parking lot.

This country is so f'd.
    yea, and the one who cut the other off went back to apologise..
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Midwest nice.

“[COLOR=#000000][FONT=proximanova]HAZELWOOD, Mo. — Two moms pulled out their guns during an argument outside of a Hazelwood elementary school during drop-off....]
    The drop-off situation is no joke these days.

The perfectly reasonable policy on the school bus is that the driver is to focus on safely operating the VEHICLE, not to enforce safe-distancing and mask-wearing, which of course means that the distancing and masking is not happening in many cases. This has prompted a LOT of parents (yes, us) to do dropoff/pickup instead.
    The school has done a truly brilliant job of reorganizing the traffic flow through the neighborhood and the actual school campus in order to help this process go as smoothly and efficiently as possible, but still the line of cars is easily a half mile long.

My Dear Wifey hasn't had a conventional "commute" in over 12 years. Her sitting-in-traffic tolerance.... well she doesn't have any. at all.
    For her to sit in that torturous dropoff line for half an hour just to see someone double-park across the street and walk their kid up to the school and shortcircuit/monkeywrench the whole system was a singular moment of rage.

Not at all surprised that conveniently-carried weapons were brandished in that environment.
    What color are their hands now?

All of my guns are bigger than theirs. Will probably miss them, however. Our doorbell is actually a large steel cylinder with a rope on the (whatever). They won't have enough sense to know how to operate it

Did Hudanick have a weapon?
    A l'eau! C'est l'heure!

Buchie

Zero guns = zero gun deaths. Do the math.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Usa, usa, usa!!
    Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
    ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

“You’re in a school. You’re in a neighborhood that’s safe. Why do you have a weapon?”-

silly policeman, it’s their right!

Shouldn’t we know what kind of caliber and holster they have?

Well, it is in Missouri. They seem to have 'issues'.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Zero guns = zero gun deaths. Do the math.
    True, but how do we get there from where we are?

I'm still pushing for a substantial tax on ammo; something sufficient to pay medical/funeral cost of gunshot victims.

If no guns were sold at all beginning today, what would change?
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    True, but how do we get there from where we are?

I'm still pushing for a substantial tax on ammo; something sufficient to pay medical/funeral cost of gunshot victims.

If no guns were sold at all beginning today, what would change?
    there already exists a substantial tax on ammo
    it's been in effect since 1919 and is used to pay for conservation efforts on public lands

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    “You’re in a school. You’re in a neighborhood that’s safe. Why do you have a weapon?”-

silly policeman, it’s their right!
    And the policeman asking the questions and pointing out the obvious, did he have a weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    have y'all thought about arming yourselves

it's only prudent
    I hope you put security cameras at your front door, and back, and elsewhere. Assuming they aren't stupid enough to harm you, evidence of criminal trespass is worth having.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Well, ya hope so.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

it's been in effect since 1919 and is used to pay for conservation efforts on public lands
    And it sure does. Especially FWS work on habitat restoration and land management for migratory birds.

Ammo prices are starting to come back down, but it's still spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Usa, usa, usa!!
    Dumb as sh1t, dumb as sh1t, dumb as sh1t!!

I have to believe these fools are unreachable by simple logic and facts. We need to take stronger measures both to protect ourselves and to hold them accountable.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

I’m (we all are) still better off without a gun.
    Somehow, I have survived 65 years without a gun, not in the house, not in the car, not on my hip. How do I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Start watering the lawn at night.
    Only if you use a conventional rotary sprinkler attached to a hose - Heaven forbid anyone glimpses you with a 'pistol grip anything' in your hand after dark ! ! !

Isn't substantial enough yet.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Let's make it higher. Who should pay for medical/funeral expenses of gunshot victims?
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    Somehow, I have survived 65 years without a gun, not in the house, not in the car, not on my hip. How do I do it?
    Wealth enough to live in a safe neighborhood, a job in academia, and the aforementioned securely surrounded by a college town in New Hampshire?

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    Wealth enough to live in a safe neighborhood, a job in academia, and the aforementioned securely surrounded by a college town in New Hampshire?

So you're saying that poverty, lack of education and opportunity, and an anti-liberal environment lead to unsafe places?
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    So you're saying that poverty, lack of education and opportunity, and an anti-liberal environment lead to unsafe places?
    Not exactly. But then, you failed to reproduce my post in context.