Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iphones and electronic rubbish

Default Re: Iphones and electronic rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by carioca1232001 View Post
    Thanks for that. However, my Android was hacked by scoundrels the moment I attempted to operate my banking account, which saw me quit in succession.
    In contrast, my wife has done so for ages on the iPhone with no regrets, the same applying to all iPhone users of my acquaintance.
    In this regard, iPhones appear to be more secure, a tangible feature.
    Seems odd. Accounts can get hacked, I'm not sure the phone can be - unless you download something malicious first. The only thing I absolutely refuse to do is save credit card details onto any phone or linked account. I've never had any security problems in over a decade of Android phone use.

Pete
    I have one troll on ignore

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Seems odd. Accounts can get hacked, I'm not sure the phone can be - unless you download something malicious first. The only thing I absolutely refuse to do is save credit card details onto any phone or linked account. I've never had any security problems in over a decade of Android phone use.

Pete

same here. I also make sure I am on a secure network or over cellular. I do not trust wide open wifi for any transactions.
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by dutchpp View Post
    Is this the old man's daycare?
    you betcha

I use practically laptop only. It is my workhorse. Simplified my phone down by deleting apps, making it just a basic phone (with Netlfix and Spotify for when I'm travelling).
    Also I do carry a journal with me most of the time to think things out like I used to on a planner or something like that—I find it’s helped my thought process to see it on paper as well. Pretty cool!
    Last edited by JonWalter; 09-19-2021 at 11:38 PM.