Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,086 to 1,120 of 1439

Thread: January 6th Committee

Default Re: January 6th Committee

Now we know the GOP congress critters who requested pardons, thus admitting their quilt.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
    Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

They want to hide under their quilt.
    Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

It sure was a nice touch there at the end getting that poor young woman to name the people who had asked for pardons.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP KILPATRICK View Post
    Not my family.

The one on the right is Justice Clarence Thomas' wife. She appears to have been up to her eyeballs in the conspiracy to destroy the Republic.

Not the one on the Right. That's the turtle. It's the one in the middle.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Osborne Russell View Post
    Long Dong's appearance of impartiality is forfeit; and it's a requirement of holding that office. Clearly he must recuse himself from all election cases, and any cases involving Trumpers. That's enough recusing to destroy his legitmacy in general.
    The term 'must' gets a lot of use in these US political threads but we don't see a lot of 'dids'. I just wonder whether 'must' has any meaning at all anymore over there! I mean, we just saw nearly half the population vote for a president whose response to a pandemic was to advise everyone to stick a UV tube up their bum. A president who filled the SCOTUS with Neanderthals who've just told the nation that its own states can't prevent idiots from wandering around anywhere with a gun on their hip and are now primed to tell the nation's women that they have no right to decide what grows in their own bodies. This is a country whose president clearly tried to usurp power through lies, deception, intimidation and even armed insurrection yet it remains likely that he and many of his gang will remain free, free enough to stand for office again. A country where children are massacred every year https://time.com/6182856/children-gu...ass-shootings/ yet governments and the public do SFA about it!

In other places, 'must' means something else.
    Last edited by RFNK; 06-23-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bobbys View Post
    Interesting to read liberals are deep in conspiracy theorys, we even have liberals stating trump shot someone.
    TFG shot someone?
    Was it on fifth avenue?
    Oh! Wait!
    Questions for BS:
    Did Joe Biden legitimately win the 2020 election? If not, why not?
    Do you approve of the attempt to disrupt the certification of the electoral vote on January 6th, 20201? If so, explain.

Mo Brooks has sent a letter to the Jan6 committee, offering to testify under oath in public. If he's questioned only by congress members, the questions are restricted to Jan6 matters, and he gets to review the documents they have from or naming him first, to refresh his memory.I think they'll meet him partway, and as a result a bunch of his elected colleagues will be in very hot water. I wonder if instead, they'll perhaps immunize him.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    Mo Brooks has sent a letter to the Jan6 committee, offering to testify under oath in public. If he's questioned only by congress members, the questions are restricted to Jan6 matters, and he gets to review the documents they have from or naming him first, to refresh his memory.I think they'll meet him partway, and as a result a bunch of his elected colleagues will be in very hot water. I wonder if instead, they'll perhaps immunize him.

I heard that he's want it televised live on prime time. I say give him immunity and let the fun begin.
    Hell hath no fury like a politician scorned.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    They’d better not offer the treasonous barsteward immunity. From what the committee has presented, I wouldn’t be surprised to find they have enough evidence to hang him high along with a few others. (Intentional hyperbole.)
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

They should give Chump immunity. Stick him in gaol with a bottle of hydroxychloro stuff.
    Rick

I tend to think the committee will do the proper thing. What does he think he needs immunity from?
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Scrambling. They're scrambling. The Mo Brooks letter offering to testify is one example. Here's another --

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    Ron Johnson now says he helped coordinate effort to pass false elector slates to Pence, but his new explanation drew a quick rebuke

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...uke/ar-AAYNVZ6
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    I tend to think the committee will do the proper thing. What does he think he needs immunity from?
    Covid.

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Fixed it for ya. [or not]

https://youtu.be/hNIJH5gufaQ

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

What happens in November depends, I think, on voters realizing the president and congress can't do much about inflation and gas prices.

They CAN do something about guns and abortions. If people realize that, they may vote accordingly.

Supreme Court ruling on guns may or may not include taxes on guns or bullets, or insurance on guns.

If people accept the fact that the government can't do much about inflation, and vote based on abortion and gun regs. dems can win elections.

If they vote based on gas prices, dems lose.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

I would like to believe that there will be some backlash to the events of the last 36 hours and that enough sensible, intelligent people; including some republicans, realize that these decisions are unjust and unsafe.

The midterms might well turn in favor of the democrats if the anger and disappointment is as widespread as I hope it will be. God help us if it's not.....

My former state-house rep (now running for Blumenthal's senate seat) was VERY QUICK to tweet-remind everyone that she happens to be pro-choice and urge us to "focus on the things that CAN change, like making CT a safer more affordable place to raise a family and start a business".

How these ostensibly-intelligent people get talked into these campaigns will forever baffle me. Blumenthal isn't exactly the People's Champion, but she doesn't have a whisper of a chance.
    What color are their hands now?

Ali Alexander of the "Stop the Steal" group was deposed by a grand jury today.

Be interesting to know who he was communicating with.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

The January 6th Committee will hold a surprise hearing on Tuesday to present "recently obtained evidence"

While the topic to be presented is unclear, it must be something highly important to add another hearing.
    -William A. Ward

January 6th committee just announced a new hearing tomorrow - June 28th ! ! ! Possible new witness / information . .

(Cross-posted with Canoez, above )
    Last edited by hawkeye54; 06-27-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    The January 6th Committee will hold a surprise hearing on Tuesday to present "recently obtained evidence"

While the topic to be presented is unclear, it must be something highly important to add another hearing.
    Either that or they are running this whole thing like a reality show.
    I hope I'm wrong and they have something really damaging to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Either that or they are running this whole thing like a reality show.
    I hope I'm wrong and they have something really damaging to Trump.
    Considering how damaging the last few hearings have been to T****'s lies, I am very optimistic that this hearing will be equally damaging.
    -William A. Ward

Didn’t Congressman Thompson say at the last session that there were several more sessions already scheduled?
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Didn’t Congressman Thompson say at the last session that there were several more sessions already scheduled?
    Yes, but not for a couple of weeks.
    Announcing a immediate hearing out of the blue indicates they found something very damning that has to be reported right away. If this turns out to be not much and that they are just yanking our chain to keep our attention, I'll be very disappointed in them.

Actually, they announced this morning that there will be an added hearing tomorrow afternoon. Which they've scheduled because of the volume of additional evidence which they've recently been provided.

I haven't seen if Thompson went any further in defining tomorrow's topics, but it sends a significant message to the folks out there who might, perhaps, possibly be a trifle concerned that they could be implicated in a wee felony or two.

What's that message, you ask? That now is a really good time to choose sides, before all the seats at the "belated kinda good guys" table are taken.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    Yes, but not for a couple of weeks.
    Announcing a immediate hearing out of the blue indicates they found something very damning that has to be reported right away. If this turns out to be not much and that they are just yanking our chain to keep our attention, I'll be very disappointed in them.
    Yeah - in July. There must be something that is time sensitive. One might be keeping a witness safe until such time as they can testify or they're concerned that something critical will leak before they get it out.
    -William A. Ward

again, look at my post 1111.

tw.jpg

Still waiting for DoJ announcements of indictments, or news about the FBI visiting the homes of the handful of congress people implicated so far. Frinstance, when is Eastman going to be arrested?
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

I think that flurry of search warrants last week will have the objective of trying to encourage Eastman or Clarke or etc. to flip. Neither of them are of an age to look forward to a long stretch in a federal pen.

I'm not convinced at all that they will flip, but I'm dead certain it's one possible future the prosecutors are considering. I'd think that we won't see indictments announced until such avenues have been explored a bit.

Yada, yada, yada……………… but will there be consequences at the top? I doubt it.
    And if there is I presume the USSC will have the final say?

Tomorrow will be our 42nd wedding anniversary.
    The perfect gift would be damning evidence against Trump and his minions.

I caught a statement on MSNBC (I think - was heading out to walk the dogs) that the FBI had seized Eastman's IPhone 12 (?) --- interesting times

Rick
    Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    I caught a statement on MSNBC (I think - was heading out to walk the dogs) that the FBI had seized Eastman's IPhone 12 (?) --- interesting times

Rick
    Search warrants were served on both Eastman and Clark by the FBI - seemingly the same day. The twist here seems to be that the FBI was acting at the behest of the Office of the Inspector General. That would say to me that it was likely in regard to a case against a government employee - perhaps Clark?
    -William A. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    Yeah - in July. There must be something that is time sensitive. One might be keeping a witness safe until such time as they can testify or they're concerned that something critical will leak before they get it out.
    Some corroborated information:

“The news was so closely guarded that even some senior committee staff and aides to lawmakers were kept out of the loop as of Monday afternoon. Three people familiar with the investigation said that the secrecy is in part due to credible security threats to a witness.”
    -William A. Ward