Page 1 of 42 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: January 6th Committee

Default January 6th Committee

January 6 committee to ask telecommunications companies to preserve phone records of members of Congress who participated in 'Stop the Steal' rally
    Good.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Default Re: January 6th Committee

I notice that over the course of a very few days, Congressman Jim Jordan has gone from being unclear whether he had any telephone calls with Trump on Jan 6, to thinking that he may have done sometime in the morning of Jan 6, to recalling that he'd had several telephone calls throughout the day ... including while they were on lockdown in a safe room during the insurrection. Though Jordan still has no clear memory or idea of what he may have actually discussed with Trump.

Amazing how hearing about the possibility of real subpoenas seems to have sharpened his recall a bit. I wonder if the process will continue, and he'll flip.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    I notice that over the course of a very few days, Congressman Jim Jordan has gone from being unclear whether he had any telephone calls with Trump on Jan 6, to thinking that he may have done sometime in the morning of Jan 6, to recalling that he'd had several telephone calls throughout the day ... including while they were on lockdown in a safe room during the insurrection. Though Jordan still has no clear memory or idea of what he may have actually discussed with Trump.

Amazing how hearing about the possibility of real subpoenas seems to have sharpened his recall a bit. I wonder if the process will continue, and he'll flip.
    I don't anticipate him "flipping". I see him fighting subpoenas and avoiding testifying at all costs. I do see him confirming the fact that phone calls that took place (of which I am certain there are traceable records), but "no clear recall" of the topics of conversation of any of those calls.
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -William A. Ward

Twitter on the individuals who are claimed to be named in this request to the telecom companies to preserve records.
    As of now, the list of congressional Republicans includes: Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Mo Brooks, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Jody Hice, and Scott Perry.
    This in addition to anyone named Trump (except Tiffany, poor thing).
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    I don't anticipate him "flipping". I see him fighting subpoenas and avoiding testifying at all costs. I do see him confirming the fact that phone calls that took place (of which I am certain there are traceable records), but "no clear recall" of the topics of conversation of any of those calls.
    I would think that all it will take is a subpoenas to few other members who CCTV video place within earshot of calls which occurred while they were all stuffed together into a room in lockdown. Get 2-3 consistent reports from other individuals, and Jordan may decide it's better not to go to prison.

I would think that all it will take is a subpoenas to few other members who CCTV video place within earshot of calls which occurred while they were all stuffed together into a room in lockdown. Get 2-3 consistent reports from other individuals, and Jordan may decide it's better not to go to prison.
    lol, no. He and the rest of the cabal are fundraising like hell off this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    lol, no. He and the rest of the cabal are fundraising like hell off this.
    +1. Certain voting blocks would question his "loyalty".
    -William A. Ward

I read a thing over the weekend (WaPo i think) which asserted that Jordan's call to trump from the safe room (and overheard by others in the room) was to ask/recommend that he urge his supporters to stand down, and that trump was not persuaded.
    What color are their hands now?

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I read a thing over the weekend which asserted that Jordan's call to trump from the safe room (and overheard by others in the room) was to ask/recommend that he urge his supporters to stand down, and that trump was not persuaded.
    As asserted by Jordan or someone who overheard the call?
    -William A. Ward

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

This committee may establish a historical record.

It will make no difference to the MAGA trajectory.

Yep.

Sadly, #10 +1
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Every Republican is an obstacle to progress.

Jordan is such an inexacrebal pos... I really want his head on a spike.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    Jordan is such an inexacrebal pos... I really want his head on a spike.
    ''

Quote Originally Posted by C. Ross View Post
    This committee may establish a historical record.

It will make no difference to the MAGA trajectory.
    I will agree, so long as you recognize that a 'trajectory' is defined by mass, velocity, air resistance and gravity, and always ends with all those values at zero.

If this committee ends up with enough evidence to [try, convict, sentence and] hang the entire Republican leadership on the National Mall, then there will certainly be enough evidence to send the Marines to mop up their pitiful supporters.

Armed rebellion is still armed rebellion, and sedition is still sedition.

If Congress manages to purge itself of these traitors, they will have the power to declare the US to be at War with the enemy within and, at that point, treason is still treason.

One of the most interesting things about 'trajectory' is that the more ground it covers, the more velocity it loses and the further it decays.

The only way a trajectory can be sustained is to have the object in question move so fast that it falls around the Earth, and if Jordan is willing to make that experiment, I'm willing to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    I will agree, so long as you recognize that a 'trajectory' is defined by mass, velocity, air resistance and gravity, and always ends with all those values at zero.

If this committee ends up with enough evidence to [try, convict, sentence and] hang the entire Republican leadership on the National Mall, then there will certainly be enough evidence to send the Marines to mop up their pitiful supporters.

Armed rebellion is still armed rebellion, and sedition is still sedition.

If Congress manages to purge itself of these traitors, they will have the power to declare the US to be at War with the enemy within and, at that point, treason is still treason.

One of the most interesting things about 'trajectory' is that the more ground it covers, the more velocity it loses and the further it decays.

The only way a trajectory can be sustained is to have the object in question move so fast that it falls around the Earth, and if Jordan is willing to make that experiment, I'm willing to help him.
    I rather like this!
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I don't think that mass and gravity will end at zero.
    /Erik

I do believe you've 'missed the gist' of the diatribe!

Sounds like it will make a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ERGR View Post
    I don't think that mass and gravity will end at zero.
    /Erik
    Of course.

I should have indicated that all the variables end up as zero.

My apologies.

Still, if Jimmy ForkFace decides to send himself into orbit, I will chip in a hundred bucks toward his reaching that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    Of course.

I should have indicated that all the variables end up as zero.

My apologies.

Still, if Jimmy ForkFace decides to send himself into orbit, I will chip in a hundred bucks toward his reaching that goal.
    Well, gravity is a variable, given the inverse relationship to the square of the distance from the center of mass causing the gravitational attraction...

Tom
    Ponoszenie konsekwencji!

www.tompamperin.com

As of now, the list of congressional Republicans includes: Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Mo Brooks, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz, Louie Gohmert, Jody Hice, and Scott Perry.

A fine list of the people in Congress who actually believe their s__t don't stink. People like Jordan, Gaetz and Greene are high on their own posturing. If the committee has any balls, those will come down burning hot into a huge performance in court where they will bargain for buying their way into country club jail.

If the jury has any balls, the whole bunch of them will lose their citizenship permanently.

But I would prefer to see Jordan and Gaetz end up in prison for sex crimes, not for treason. The public attitude towards those kinds of crimes is way less friendly than toward treason.
    A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
    And other things, too.
    http://www.landsedgephoto.com

I suspect there are phone records, unless somehow the committee if prevented from seeing them.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by McMike View Post
    If this committee fails to do little more than say, "see, I told ya", we'll be that much closer to losing our country.
    Why worry about 'losing' the country? Your gang is busy throwing it away: an open southern border, abandonment of cultural and social norms, uncontrolled illegal drug trade....

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    What silly fluffiness.
    What fluffy silliness. C'mon, a clever lad like you can do better than that.

If you post silly crap, don't expect a serious and erudite response.

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
    for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by twodot View Post
    I could lead you by the nose, like a cow, but it would drift the thread.
    [ : ]

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    Why worry about 'losing' the country? Your gang is busy throwing it away: an open southern border, abandonment of cultural and social norms, uncontrolled illegal drug trade....
    Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Roger that!
    Quite.

You aint seen nothing yet Paul and KG, you wait till climate change really bites. You'll have in-country refugees on the roads looking for a home, let alone Sth Americans and Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    abandonment of cultural and social norms.
    mighty white of you

It's good to know I've abandoned cultural & social norms. Just so I understand when my partner leaves - which ones? Oh! Maybe you're referring to intolerance? If so, yes, I have tried very hard to abandon that.

On the "uncontrolled illegal drug trade" - would you please show me where the war on drugs has ever controlled drugs? I know it's made huge money for police departments & manufacturers of police equipment - is that what you're bemoaning?
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Do you think they’ll refer the capitol policeman for prosecution on murder charges? He openly admitted to using excessive force, shooting an unarmed woman who was not endangering his life. Do you think there will be repercussions for the FBI, once again, using entrapment on members of the oath keepers? Will it come out how much the leader/president of the oath keepers, the guy who is referred to as ‘un-indicted co-conspirator’, was paid by the FBI to lure them to the capitol? Will Nancy finally remove Eric Swalwell from the intelligence committee?

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    He openly admitted to using excessive force, shooting an unarmed woman who was not endangering his life.
    Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by Canoez View Post
    As asserted by Jordan or someone who overheard the call?
    I think it was this Politico piece, which doesn't identify the source, though I think there is clear implication that it wasn't from Jordan or Gaetz.
    https://www.politico.com/newsletters...h-trump-494169