Thread: Yuloh PDF plans

Default Yuloh PDF plans

Several years back, someone posted very detailed plans and explanations PDF with pictures. I downloaded that PDF but my hard drive ate it or I can't find it anywhere in my files. I've searched the forum for half the day. Does anyone have that PDF or remember the thread? I was part of that thread but can't seem to find it in my subscribed threads link either. I have the PDF from the Junk Rig Ass. but that's not the one I was looking for. It actually showed the yuloh being built and how it was assembled from many pieces to make it long and strong with the proper curve need for the blade to work efficiently. The PDF explained how to do the measurements and calculations to get the best performance out of it. Any help would be much appreciated.
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.

Default Re: Yuloh PDF plans

Ben, there is a large PDF on yuloh at https://junkrigassociation.org - I have no affiliation , and just found it via a Google search.

Rick

In my post, I talked about those. I have them. A member here went through the process of designing and building a yuloh for his sailboat and showed the process he used to get the proper shape for the best performance. He posted it as a PDF but I can't find the thread or post even when I search for it.
    This sig line is proudly provided by The Wooden Boat Magazine Forum. If it ain't The Wooden Boat Mag, it just a rag.

Sorry, Ben, I missed that in reading over the OP.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    Sorry, Ben, I missed that in reading over the OP.

Rick
    Thanks for trying to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Cedars View Post

Thanks. Yeah, I've read through those but I'm looking for the PDF file posted by a member here. I can't remember the member's user name. I was hoping he was still around and would catch this thread.

was it Yuloh efficiency? Here's the pdf in my DropBox.
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by leaotis View Post
    was it Yuloh efficiency? Here's the pdf in my DropBox.

Thanks but no, it wasn't that one. I have seen that. It may have been posted a lot longer ago than I am remembering. It was a step by step build citing the resources used to build the yuloh.

This? sailingauklet.com/2015/03/26/yuloh-plans
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by leaotis View Post
    This? sailingauklet.com/2015/03/26/yuloh-plans
    No and yes. A lot of the info in some of the links from that site was included in the PDF.

Ben, there is a bit of a discussion on a yuloh (take-apart) starting with post #40 in John Hartmann's thread 'Re : A new Jewell' over in Building / Repair. I don't know if this will be new information, or stuff you already are aware of. . . .

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye54 View Post
    Ben, there is a bit of a discussion on a yuloh (take-apart) starting with post #40 in John Hartmann's thread 'Re : A new Jewell' over in Building / Repair. I don't know if this will be new information, or stuff you already are aware of. . . .

Rick

No, I hadn't seen that, thanks. A pretty neat set up for the pin and socket.