Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Nancy Pelosi correct? Is Kevin McCarthy really a moron?

Default Re: Is Nancy Pelosi correct? Is Kevin McCarthy really a moron?

I thought Jim Jordan was the House Moron?
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    I wouldn't describe any of them (or anyone, probably) as a moron. Better: ignorant amoral anti-intellectual manipulative self-serving dishonest hack. Why on earth would you think that Republicans limit themselves to one of those?

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Wow, I had no idea MCarthy was into word salad. His syntax etc is even worse than Palin's.

I see this is an opportune time to repeat my mantra: Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save America.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Quote Originally Posted by WI-Tom View Post
    Better: ignorant amoral anti-intellectual manipulative self-serving dishonest hack
    douchebag for short
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

They, McCarthy and his ilk need to be villified directly for their ignorant, amoral, anti-intellectual, manipulative, self-serving dishonesty, and not vaguely smeared and dismissed with the shallow insult. We keep coming back to the same thing, the position of deciding whether they're stupid or evil. Certainly it is both in a some cases.
    Last edited by Jim Mahan; 08-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    Speak softly and carry a mouthful of marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    douchebag for short
    No one will be surprised at this point that I rarely go for the "short" option in my posts...

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    McCarthy’s district

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califo...ional_district

The current district includes parts of the southern San Joaquin Valley, the Tehachapi Mountains and southern Sierra Nevada, and the northwestern Mojave Desert. It comprises most of Kern County and portions of Los Angeles and Tulare counties. Cities in the district include Porterville, Ridgecrest, most of Bakersfield, and part of Lancaster.[3] With a Cook Partisan Voting Index rating of R+12, it is the most Republican district in California and the second-most Republican district in the West Coast, behind only Washington's 4th district.[2]
    If they would give the working immigrants a 3/5 of a citizen vote McCarthy would be so out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    To the thread title ;
    No , and No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Montgomery View Post
    ^
    That's it? No explanation? How convenient. Avoiding all possiblity of push-back.
    Despite subsequent protestations and excuses... the fact is that IS all he can say. Anything more would be subject to scrutiny for factual and logical errors. And his rantings do not hold up well to such examination. As an example, I'll predict that questions addressed to some of his later claims will go unanswered. Because his assertions are without basis. He will be able to provide NO examples of the sorts of posts he claims justify his reticence. Just something he saw on Faux News or somesuch. Which always fall apart when examined. But he won't examine them critically himself because of religious/cult beliefs.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Personal sidenote: I have a younger brother who at one time was a moron Mormon Marine.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Art Haberland View Post
    Are they limited to one?
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Wow, I had no idea MCarthy was into word salad. His syntax etc is even worse than Palin's.

I see this is an opportune time to repeat my mantra: Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save America.
    That's what I tell people. It's the only way for 'sane' Republicans to get their party back. Vote for dems and insure Republicans lose elections; then they'll change their policies. Maybe they'll pursue stuff that's good for the people.
    "alternative facts (lies)" are a cancer eating through a democracy, and will kill it. 1st amendment is not absolute.