Thread: President Biden slaps down Fox News "reporter" Peter Douchey.

Default President Biden slaps down Fox News "reporter" Peter Douchey.

You heard me right. I said "douchey." The so-called reporter's cable network has been pushing false information in order to politicize the pandemic from the beginning and continues to do so. Miserable creatures.

President Biden and Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy had a heated exchange Thursday at the end of a speech in which Biden announced a vax-or-test-mask-and-distance requirement for millions of federal workers.

As Biden left the podium in the East Room of the White House, Doocy reminded the president that he had said, “if you are fully vaccinated, you no longer need to wear a mask.”

“No I didn’t say that,” Biden responded. “I said if you’re fully vaccinated in an area where you do not have – well, let me clarify that –“

Doocy interrupted to clarify his question: “In May, you made it sound like a vaccine was the ticket to losing the masks forever.”

“That was true at the time!” a visibly agitated president shot back. “Because I thought there were people who were going to understand that getting vaccinated made a gigantic difference. What happened was, a new variant came along, they didn’t get vaccinated, it was spread more rapidly, and more people were getting sick. That’s the difference.”

https://nypost.com/2021/07/29/biden-...-announcement/
    " I am one of those white, common sense conservatives. I believe in science and I have not taken the shot.
    -- Sarah Palin, 9/16/21

Default Re: President Biden slaps down Fox News "reporter" Peter Douchey.

Good for Biden! Tell it like it is.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

meh.

This is too much like the nonsense with trump and Jim Acosta. Trump's fans would crow about him putting Acosta in his place, trump's opponents would crow about Acosta calling Trump out on his BS, while neither of those things actually happened.
    What color are their hands now?

Fox news correspondent trying for a bad faith gotcha, nothing new or different.
    Last edited by SMARTINSEN; 07-30-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Steve Martinsen

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    meh.

This is too much like the nonsense with trump and Jim Acosta. Trump's fans would crow about him putting Acosta in his place, trump's opponents would crow about Acosta calling Trump out on his BS, while neither of those things actually happened.
    So.... you agree with Douche'? You think Biden is playing games. Just curious your perspective.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Fox is farming sound bites so they can counter program the select committee findings.

At least Biden did not tell the reporter how high Biden's IQ is and how well he did in college.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Quote Originally Posted by George Jung View Post
    So.... you agree with Douche'? You think Biden is playing games. Just curious your perspective.
    I think the whole 'smackdown'/'rips him a new one'/'cuts him off at the knees' thing is the most annoying bullspit the media is doing these days.

They hook you in with the promise of somebody having their backside handed to them on a plate, and then they tell you it was some mild-mannered, mealy-mouthed, ambiguous claptrap.

These people wouldn't last five minutes on a jobsite.

I remember JABCO, the first three letters being the owner's initials.

The first time I met James Brady, I said "Hi."

The first thing he ever said to me was "F--- you!"

I didn't feel like I had been 'slapped down', or any of those other clickbait phrases, either.

Jill Biden emailed me asking for $5, and I told her to empty her pockets first.

Then I said the DNC is a bunch of mewling cowards who have been reduced to following Liz Cheney into a whole 'nother fresh Hell.

I wonder if she felt 'slapped down'.

I doubt it.
    Rattling the teacups.

No. But.... I'm bettin' yer off Jill's Xmas card list...
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....