Thread: Chinese and British Navies

Default Chinese and British Navies

are about to growl at each other at close quarters:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58015367

What could go wrong?

Default Re: Chinese and British Navies

(Chinese Admiral of High Seas and every smelly gutter between) "Do wimeys still fly Swordfish tied together with string"? They sank the Bismark'"

Or they are thinking of the Royal Navy force sent to reinforce Singapore, and how that went.

It goes back to the opium wars. Whatever the rights and wrongs it left a legacy of inferiority. The Chinese Communist Party seem desperate to be 'powerfull and feared'. An insular country at least, but how this all ends one day I don't know.

Hopefully the affluence of the Chinese people eventually brings down the Communist Party otherwise offshoring of industry to China will prove to have been a massive geostrategic mistake.

I think Biden knows what might be coming and is reinforcing organisations like NATO in readiness. Democratic countries of the world need to form an economic block as well as a military one.

The carrier is there to reinforce the right of navigation which the Chinese don't respect. And there it is, a country that wants respect can't respect others or agreements as we see with Hong Kong. No doubt the Chinese will do something pedantic in return. By their logic it will be reason to build more Chinese warships.
    Last edited by Edward Pearson; 07-30-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Pearson View Post
    Democratic countries of the world need to form an economic block as well as a military one.
    If they would form an economic block with teeth they wouldn't need a military one with nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Pearson View Post
    Democratic countries of the world need to form an economic block as well as a military one.
    If they would form an economic block with teeth they wouldn't need a military one with nukes.

I think I actually find some encouragement in this. It can't be just the US that pushes back on Chinese aggression.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

I think some more tariffs will fix it

Just doesn’t have the legs of “USA bad” in the Bilge