Thread: Century Raven

Default Century Raven

I recently acquired a 19 ft 1961 Century Raven, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the control wiring. I would like to restore it to original specs and have the switches in the right places. Here is what I have so far (see attachment):
    1. Running lights
    2. Ignition Switch
    3. Siren pushbutton
    4. ? Marked "temp" inoperative
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. Wipers
    8. Cigarette lighter.

Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Century Raven

Hi,

There's likely to be a switch for a bilge pump.

Its not unusual to have a couple of unused, "accessory" switches for owner-installe equipment--ie a spotlight, an interior light, a stereo, docking lights, etc.

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

My 1958 Century Resorter has two bilge pumps, one fore and one aft. Each has its own three position push/ pull switch (off, auto, on) with chrome knob. Maybe the Raven is similar?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Default Re: Century Raven

Centurys did not come from the factory with bilge pumps. I often put them on the seat riser. If there are too many holes you may have to make another dashboard...not that big a deal. I did not wire to original specifications...talking wire, fuses, etc, not holes in dash. You can do much better wiring to modern specifications.