Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: just returned home from wk in icu with Coved. No fun.

Default Re: just returned home from wk in icu with Coved. No fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMc View Post
    firing someone over their personal medical decisions.... interesting.
    There is a WHOLE lot more than just that. Besides

California is an at-will state, which implies that
    at any moment of jobs with or without reason an employer can terminate you for any reason. This means that if your employer doesn't like your personality if you run out of work, think you're lazy or just don't want staff anymore, they can fire you at any moment.
    This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

yeah, what about freedom!

Exemplar of the 'reasoning' notable from the R's - and, of course - a bit dishonest, being kind. So..... 'firing over a personal med decision'? If that were so, I, and I expect everyone here, would agree. But it's not 'personal', is it? You/yours get infected, and it affects everyone else. Recall - 'your rights' ends at 'our nose'.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

I know my hipporights!

It's not personal. It's the selfish acts of others who seem to want to kill the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by Hwyl View Post
    It's not personal. It's the selfish acts of others who seem to want to kill the rest of us
    What Gareth says...
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Just a note to add that following a few detailed discussions with my very able young MD in the ICU that what can and does happen in one of these Delta covid infections to vaccinated patients (viral pneumonia in my case) is WAY more complicated than the mail order medical degrees all of our Repugnican legislators have recently received can cover in their quotable news bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Scheuer View Post
    Just a note to add that following a few detailed discussions with my very able young MD in the ICU that what can and does happen in one of these Delta covid infections to vaccinated patients (viral pneumonia in my case) is WAY more complicated than the mail order medical degrees all of our Repugnican legislators have recently received can cover in their quotable news bits.
    I'm glad you're recovering! We've had very few cases here in vaccinated folks, but it is happening. The single shot J&J seems to be holding up the worst and the Moderna the best. I was a little disappointed to read that you'd had the Moderna. Can you describe your reactions (if any) to the vaccine doses? I'm still hoping that since I had such a gawd-awful reaction to both of mine, that I've got tons of antibodies...

Wife and I had virtually no reaction to our pair of Moderna vaccinations in Feb & Mar 2021, pkrone. She is largely recovered from a lighter case of Delta. Mine was the only one involving viral Pneumonia. No discomfort at this point using 4L of additional oxygen except for shortness of breath with exercise.

Last week in the news, they were bringing up the topic of refresher shots for senior citizens. It seems their system doesn't hold immunology as long as younger peoples. No final decision yet as far as I can say.

Welcome back and glad that you made it!!!!

Glad that you made it through. Hopefully no long-haul Covid complications.

This Delta variant thing is pernicious. More than ever, it's prudent to be prudent.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Yeah - I'm watching as 'developments' direct recommendations. 'If' they recommend a booster - I'm getting it.

An aside - read that over 1 million vax's have gone to waste - not used before expiration. Unfortunate on so many levels. IMO - if a big part of our pop isn't going to get it, send it to Africa or some other country that actually wants it.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

My province, Ontario, has the same situation this week. Moderna doses expiring. These are in our provincial capital city. Most vaccine doses were sent to the big smoke due to lack of vaccinations. Waning take-up has meant excess doses. Simple solution would be to ship them back to the regions that they were pirated from , but perhaps that is too difficult? My locale is about 60% old farts and we had to wait ages to get ours because they were diverted to the big city....