Thread: Vaccines are a 'personal decision,' church founder says after congregant refuses shot

Default Vaccines are a 'personal decision,' church founder says after congregant refuses shot

The congregant , Mr.Harmon died after he refused an inoculanation. His Pastor said that COVID-19 vaccines are a "personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals"

His pastor should quit his job and find a different type of work, one where he has little contact with people. Disturbing and disgusting.
    https://abc7.com/stephen-harmon-covid-vaccine-covid-19-resistance/10907588/

"Biden's door to door vaccine 'surveyors' really should be called JaCOVID Witnesses. #keepmovingdork," Harmon wrote the same day on Twitter.

Default Re: Vaccines are a 'personal decision,' church founder says after congregant refuses

Primitive superstitions still kill today, so sad.. No sympathies from me....

Default Re: Vaccines are a 'personal decision,' church founder says after congregant refuses

Quote Originally Posted by sonofswen View Post
    The congregant , Mr.Harmon died after he refused an inoculanation. His Pastor said that COVID-19 vaccines are a "personal decision for each individual to make with the counsel of medical professionals"
    He's right. As a legal question, even the military has been unable to mandate the vaccine for its troops. Harmon was wrong. The pastor needed to say to his people that there is a moral obligation to others, but it does remain a personal decision.
    "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

Hey, he didn’t think it would hit him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...s-vaccinations

Conservative radio host Phil Valentine has been hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus, with his family saying he regrets not getting the vaccine.

His family said in a statement that he is suffering from “COVID Pneumonia” and is in the critical care unit. He needs breathing assistance but is not on a ventilator, Radio Online reported.

Valentine has hosted “The Phil Valentine Show” for years on WWTN, speaking to his audience for four hours on weekdays.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/im-at-...g-for-his-life

Valentine had repeatedly downplayed COVID-19 and dismissed guidance from health officials about the seriousness of the virus and the importance of getting vaccinated.

In a blog post in December, days after doses of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine was first authorized for emergency use in the United States, Valentine said he was simply following the logic in deciding not to get vaccinated.

“I’m not an anti-vaxxer,” he wrote. “I’m just using common sense. What are my odds of getting Covid? They’re pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than 1 percent. I’m doing what everyone should do and that’s my own personal health risk assessment. If you have underlying health issues, you probably need to get the vaccine. If you’re not at high risk of dying from Covid then you’re probably safer not getting it.”
    His brother, Mark Valentine, posted an impassioned message to Facebook on Wednesday, suggesting that Valentine’s fight for his life “has persuaded me to go get vaccinated when I was previously not inclined to do so.”

“Having seen this up close and personal I'd encourage ALL of you to put politics and other concerns aside and get it,” he added, noting that he wouldn’t wish his brother’s condition on his worst enemies.

A day later, during an appearance on WWTN-FM in Nashville, Mark Valentine said his brother was regretful that he wasn’t a more vocal advocate for getting vaccinated.

“For those listening, I know if he were able to tell you this, he would tell you, ‘Go get vaccinated. Quit worrying about the politics. Quit worrying about all the conspiracy theories,” he said.

Mark Valentine insisted that while his brother had not been anti-vax, “he got this one wrong.”

Just last month, Valentine even wrote and performed a parody song of the Beatles’ song “Taxman,” called “Vaxman” in which he appeared to mock vaccines.

“Let me tell you how it will be,” he sang, “and I don’t care if you agree, ‘Cause I’m the Vaxman, yeah I’m the Vaxman. If you don’t like me coming round, be thankful I don’t hold you down.”

Tennessee continues to rank among the lowest in the country for vaccination rates even as cases are rising largely from the highly contagious Delta variant.
    Last edited by LeeG; 07-24-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Serves him right. I have no sympathy whatever.
    He played his cards and he took the gamble.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 07-24-2021 at 07:21 PM.

But he found a niche!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Valentine

Film and television[edit]
    In August 2009 Valentine launched production of his documentary, An Inconsistent Truth, a rebuttal to Al Gore's movie, An Inconvenient Truth. His movie was premiered on January 26, 2012, and opened on January 27, 2012. For the first two weeks after the release, Truth was the top-grossing movie per screen in the country. At the time, it was playing at a single movie theater and earned a total of $36,439 for those two weeks.[10] It picked up second place at the Appalachian Film Festival in Huntington, West Virginia, in February 2012. The movie also won the Excellence in Filmmaking award at the Anthem Film Festival[11] and won Best Documentary at the Nevada Film Festival in Las Vegas.[12]

Quote Originally Posted by CWSmith View Post
    He's right. As a legal question, even the military has been unable to mandate the vaccine for its troops. Harmon was wrong. The pastor needed to say to his people that there is a moral obligation to others, but it does remain a personal decision.
    Yes it does ultimatly, but as a Pastor, where is the compasion and say " medicine is a blessing" and declare that it is part of God's healing power? ( not my call ) Ultimatly, what purpose does this Pastor serve it not a hellish one?

A really stupid reason to die.
    Being "judgemental," to me, just means I have standards. -- Fran Lebowitz

CW is right. The guy made a personal decision to endanger himself and others. Where does the Pastor stand on suicide, another personal decision?

This guy?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358
    LA man who mocked Covid-19 vaccines dies of virus

Published

12 hours ago