Thread: Boat window washing gadget that works

Default Boat window washing gadget that works

I’ve had this for a year or so on the boat, and finally decided I like it so much I just bought another for home. I usually think gadgets like this are too gadgety when simpler methods work just fine. But this an improvement. It’s a “power squeegee”. It vacuums the moisture through the squeegee blade. I know it sounds corny, but it works great. It comes with a spray bottle with attached cleaning pad. It’s great for cleaning salt spray off my pilothouse windows and hatch lites. It’s a little pricey, but worth it. I have no attachment to this company, just like the product. (This video seems to be an older, larger model. Mine seems smaller and has the attached scrub pad on the spray bottle.)

Default Re: Boat window washing gadget that works

This is the model I got.

D67C2759-1B98-4951-88F7-0A532C18293D.jpg

I just saw a commercial yesterday for a window cleaning gizmo with the outside and inside pieces highly magnetic, you locate the inside and outside pads at the edge of the glass, snapped together across the glass by the strong magnets, then proceed to clean inside and outside of the glass for places where the outside is difficult to reach. On my apartment, I have to reach outside with sponge mop, maneuvering through the tilt-open glass at the bottom, clean, then squirt it clean with a squirt bottle. This gizmo would make it a lot easier for me.
    When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob (oh, THAT Bob) View Post
    I just saw a commercial yesterday for a window cleaning gizmo with the outside and inside pieces highly magnetic, you locate the inside and outside pads at the edge of the glass, snapped together across the glass by the strong magnets, then proceed to clean inside and outside of the glass for places where the outside is difficult to reach. On my apartment, I have to reach outside with sponge mop, maneuvering through the tilt-open glass at the bottom, clean, then squirt it clean with a squirt bottle. This gizmo would make it a lot easier for me.
    I have magnetised cleaning pads for fish tanks- been using them for years. You work one pad over the outside of the glass and the one on the inside mirrors the movements- and if you go too close to the bottom and pick up a couple of tiny bits of sand, you put a million permanent scratches in the glass in a few seconds. I've done it more than once. JayInOz

I found a low tech window cleaning trick this weekend. When I got up early on Sunday AM at Mystery Bay, the boat was wet from a heavy dew. Perfect time to wipe the salt spray off the glass
    Elect a clown expect a circus