Thread: Mackinaw molds

Default Mackinaw molds

Free, (I guess that's not advertising..) I have a set of molds and ladder-frame for the Chapelle, "Western Lakes Mackinaw" (26'7" between perps.) in the Chicago area. Also full-sized lofting on luan ply. Sadly, I need to get rid of these in the next week. Can anyone give them a fate better than the landfill?? You can see the boat that came off them and my blog at https://adrift314.wordpress.com/
    Ken

IMG_1237.jpg

Default Re: Mackinaw molds

Such an offer. Good luck.

Thank you, but it's looking bad. I took out a paid ad in WB last year for two issues and got no inquiry, checked teaching programs around the lakes, also the FB Mackinaw boat Forum. One nibble that backed out. This is going to hurt.

Ken

That will be truly unfortunate if no one takes you up on your offer. Itís very generous and you clearly built a beautiful boat from what you are making available. It is a big boat though, no doubt about that. Iím looking forward to taking a deep dive into your blog. Best of luck.

I'd try calling up the Erie maritime museum, they're long on storage space and take donations

Thanks all. It looks like a man in Oshkosh would like a go, but the problem is when and how to transport. He is very busy at the moment. Can anyone tell us anything about single load trucking in Wisconsin? The ladder-frame is 25'9" x 5'7" x 10", maybe 250# the rest is separate frames and would be easy to load.

Ken

Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia

Best of luck finding a home.
    I love your blog, i can't see a lot of pictures, but what i can is very nice. I like your idea for the centerboard pin (track) - i mean, of course!! Duh! (Dark Matter August 2018).
    Gorgeous boat - well done.
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

Gorgeous boat, adventurous spirit @ 70+! Would that I had your ambition and energy… but as you’ve put a lot of time & effort into that blog it’ll make for good reading, thanks!

Wish I could help with frames somehow, that’s a mighty undertaking you’ve seen through to the end! You’ve got 3,500# of boat to mess with, mine’s gonna be maybe < 1/20th of that once launched in a few days.

Thanks for the interest and the warm thoughts about the blog. Apologies where photos weren't showing... Are the videos working? We have great plans that the molds will move to Oshkosh, Saturday 7/17/21. The new owner plans a version with a cabin, and there is precedent in articles from the 40's about converting Mackinaws to cruising boats.

Ken