Thread: Seabird Yawl - Cali $2500

Default Seabird Yawl - Cali $2500

This boat looks familiar for some reason.

1916 26' Newly Painted Seabird Yawl and 7 Sails - $2500 (Marina del Rey, CA)

Date: 2010-02-17, 3:26PM PST
    Reply to: sale-wpaza-1605647268@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We thought someone in the Seattle area might be interested in this yacht. Handcrafted in Southern California, this Seabird Yawl was launched via horse-drawn wagon in San Pedro, CA in 1916. Her hull is strong and seaworthy with NEW HULL and BOTTOM PAINT in Jan 2010. Sails and rigging are in good shape. At 94 years old Lady Gwendoline has some cosmetic blemishes but is NOT a project boat.

She comes with 2 spinnaker sails, a spinnaker pole, 2 twin headsails, a racing mainsail, a cruising mainsail, and a mizzen sail. You can continue her achievements as a classic boat regatta winner!

Also included with your purchase is the full history of Lady Gwendoline including photos, newspaper articles and documentation of her almost century long sailing career. Among her many cudos are framed photos gracing the walls of the Los Angeles Yacht Club and the Del Rey Yacht Club and her cover photo appearance on Mariner's Magazine.

We are looking for a buyer who has an appreciation of antique sailboat craftsmanship and who will sail Lady Gwendoline far into the 21st century.

Call (909) 684-6644 or send an email with “Seabird Yawl in the subject line. Thank you.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1605647268
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Default Re: Seabird Yawl - Cali $2500

$2500??? Is that a typo?

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

someone please buy it and paint it white

Hi, Does anyone know what happened to this Seabird Yawl? I'm asking because my grandfather built it and I had been keeping tabs on this yacht and one other (a Seawitch named the Leeway, last known location Florida).
    My dad was asking me the other day if I knew what happened to it. I actually wanted to buy the yacht but for some reason the seller didn't contact me when he was ready to sell, even though we gave him all the history and photos of the yacht when my grandfather built it. If anyone knows where "Lady Gwendoline" is please reach out and let me know.
    Many thanks!
    -Larry

I nearly bought a very dried out Seabird with a grafted on spoon stern to move the mizzen aft of the rudder. It had been used as a pearling lugger at one stage. About the same age.

i thought i'd relink some of the photos,
    since they're missing from the old posts..
    i love the old one.. looks straight out of Harry Pidgeon's book !

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    I nearly bought a very dried out Seabird with a grafted on spoon stern to move the mizzen aft of the rudder. It had been used as a pearling lugger at one stage. About the same age.
    The mizzen IS aft of the rudder.