Thread: Storing Marine Plywood?

Default Storing Marine Plywood?

My current build is being put on hold for a month or so and I bought a fair pile by my standards, seven sheets of occume.

I have it neatly stacked, on a sheet of cheap ply, on a flat (not quiet level) floor. It is in a climate controlled room in a dehumidified basement.

Can I get away with 6-12 weeks?

Thanks!

Default Re: Storing Marine Plywood?

I stored mine on 2 old 2x6s and an old nasty peice of plywood on the dirt floor in a tent for 3+ years in alaska and it was fine. -40f in the winter over 100f inside the tent in the summer when the sun is baking the tent like a greenhouse, several inches of standing water/mud in the spring. Still have scraps hanging in the tent 'rafters' I use for small projects 5+ years in.

I've had 6 sheets of 5mm Okoume since 1980, standing on their long edge (on sleepers) in a garage (40 F minimum in winter, otherwise no other climate control) in Illinois until 2014 when I hauled them up to our new home in Wisconsin. They went straight to the basement (humidity-controlled) where they been leaning against wall on long edge (up on sleepers of course!).

I'm confident that were I to start a project this afternoon they'd be as good as when I picked them up back in 1980.

Thank you both!