Thread: Seattle CL Find: Looks Like A Steal

Default Seattle CL Find: Looks Like A Steal

Stumbled across this Concordia 31-foot sloop on the Skagit County Craig's List.

Berthed in Friday Harbor. Registered vessel. From her hull number (298639), and a little digging in WoodenBoat's Register of Wooden Boats, she is WINDSEYE ex-HOPEFULL, used to be owned by Tom Hale out of Vineyard Haven Yacht Club.

She appears to be well-kept. [Pity about the painted house, though But I'm told that paint stripper is a thing.]

https://skagit.craigslist.org/bod/d/...318832501.html

1964 Concordia 31 Sloop (MOTIVATED SELLER) - $24,900 (Friday Harbor)

Well maintained 31 Concordia Sloop.
    Sails and rigging in good condition.
    Low hour Yanmar Diesel.

Very stable and smooth sailing vessel, below is a link to manufactures website for history of this classic
    https://www.concordiaboats.com

You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Default Re: Seattle CL Find: Looks Like A Steal

Always liked that design. I canít imagine it isnít one-of-one (maybe of two) on the West Coast/outside of New England waters.

Is the wide flatsawn knotty pine original?

Nice boat with many nice details. Tom Hale was also owner/operator of Vineyard Shipyard at Vineyard Haven, Marthas Vineyard. He had many nice boats to chose from. I think he was instrumental in the design of the Vineyard Vixen which was/is a 30 ish canoe sterned glass boat, sloop rigged.
    Your boat shows some fine Concordia Company (Padanaram, MASS) details which include the style of the knotty pine cabin finish. Likely with locust trim pieces here and there and the Concordia berth frames which allow the bunks to fold up and become comfortable backrests in the cabin. Nice find.

Default Seattle CL Find: Looks Like A Steal

Not my boat -- stumbled across it on Craig's List last night. Somebody up in Friday Harbor is selling her. I just figured she ought to find a proper home.
    Last edited by Nicholas Carey; 06-07-2021 at 09:40 PM.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. ó P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Proper boat, that.

Although I would have tidied up the various cables and wiring before the photo shoot.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post
    Proper boat, that.

Although I would have tidied up the various cables and wiring before the photo shoot.

And removed the trash bag and towels from the galley.