I've been monkeying about with the dyneema shrouds on Marianita (20' LOD glued-lap Eun Mara) since launching her and never been happy with their set. Mostly it's been a struggle to get the aft shrouds tight enough to keep the forestay from flopping around in any kind of breeze or choppy conditions. While the mast has stayed up I figure the jib is not maintaining it's best shape, as a gaffer she isn't going to point all that well to begin with so the idea of losing even more ground to a poorly setting jib just drives me nuts.

I have a deadeye-like system for applying tension to the rig, the internet has a number of interesting ways to pull on the lanyards but comes up short on how to measure that tension. You size the rigging for "creep" which is based on a percentage of breaking strength (around 20%) but how to determine when you've achieved that number? Wire rigging has the Loos Gauge, a nice simple and accepted method but I haven't seen an equivalent for synthetic rigging. Am I missing something?

I'll try reaching out to Loos but you guys are such a wealth of information...