Thread: Boat ramps for small (sail/oar) boat in/south of Boston?

Default Boat ramps for small (sail/oar) boat in/south of Boston?

Iím wondering if people have suggestions for nice/easy launching points. I live in Roslindale (southwestern part of Boston), and looking for places that are both not that far of a drive but also nice (both in terms of parking etc but also once on the water). I think the _closest_ ramp to me, geographically, is in Milton but itís pretty far up the Neponset River so not a great option for _sailing_ (fine to row). I thought there was a beach launch (which would be fine) in Dorchester (Morrissey Blvd) but when I drove past a few months ago it had been blocked off ó not sure if temporarily or permanently. Is there anything in Quincy or Weymouth? Is the ramp in Hingham good? (Itís about a 40 min drive so not the worst, but closer would be nice!).

Thanks!

Default Re: Boat ramps for small (sail/oar) boat in/south of Boston?

Hingham is good plenty of parking but at dead low tide there is about 10 feet of mud past the ramp so you would have to wait for the tide. I find that you need to stay in the channel in the harbor unless it is full high tide, low tide , its pretty skinny in the inner harbor