Thread: John Welsford interview

Default John Welsford interview

Default Re: John Welsford intrview

Thats me in the blue 15ft double ender. But I'd towed her over there with the big launch. That was a great day, meeting Roger, good guy.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.

bump

This is a long interview, almost 2 hours. I watched it in 3 sittings. Good stuff, though! Being both a Roger Barnes fan and a Scamper, I enjoyed listening in as John described his thought processes with a new design. I've got study plans for Long Steps and I am eager to see photos as more of them get built.

Covid has changed much, much more than I for one expected. One of the results of the quarantine and the loss of our ability to travel freely has been the wooden boat festivals not being able to run. Thats a big loss, but some creative people got in front of their computers and set up virtual festivals, and I've had the privilege of being involved with three of those, its a challenge, quite a lot of preparation goes into each one, and I'm indebted to those who set the sessions up, and moderated the Q&A. Its fun though, very different to standing in front of a live audience, I'm hoping that this format of presentation continues even after our lives return to something like normal.

John Welsford
    An expert is but a beginner with experience.