Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nicholas Scheuer
    • Aug 2006

Re: eight dead in mass shooting at indianapolis fedex airport facility

Read recently that John Wayne used that Rifleman Winchester in a film.

Comment

• John Smith
      • Mar 2009

We want to make sure we continue to lead the world in people shot.

I used to think they'd be a 'last straw', but I don't think that anymore.
      "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• C. Ross
        • May 2007

A humorous but devastating take on the “good guy with a gun” bullspit.

Its hard to comprehend that grown up adult people actually believe this ammosexual fairy tale.

Last edited by C. Ross; 04-16-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Reynard38
          • Sep 2009

19 year old shooter. Had previous run ins with police. Why did he have access to a weapon? Oh, that’s right

​FREEDOM AND LIBERTY
          Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Comment

• amish rob
            Emperor For Life
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by C. Ross
            A humorous but devastating take on the “good guy with a gun” bullspit.

Its hard to comprehend that grown up adult people actually believe this ammosexual fairy tale.

Don’t you watch Law and Order? Or cowboy movies?

That is where this dip**** notion comes from. Gunslinger films and teevee.

Comment

• CWSmith
              New Hampshire
              • Nov 2008

Former employee, some think he wanted death by cop.

"Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• C. Ross
                • May 2007

Originally posted by amish rob

I grew up in a home with lots of guns which were handled with care and used well. I’ve shot just about everything except black gun crap.

As a kid I played army, cowboys, cops, Star Trek ... lots of imaginary bang bang.

Then I grew up.

Comment

• Art Haberland
                  Fluent in Typo
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by CWSmith
                  Former employee, some think he wanted death by cop.

While everyone is too young to die by gunshot, he's just a kid. Barely looks old enough to get a job, let along work at FedEx and be so upset as to bring a gun to work and start shooting people.
                  "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Comment

• skuthorp
                    • Jan 2002

He should have fun in jail………………...

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                      • Jan 2013

heart breaking!

Only to be repeated next week.
                      Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                      ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• skuthorp
                        • Jan 2002

Heartbreaking yes, but to enough legislators acceptable. Price' a freedom donchaknow………….

Comment

• Decourcy
                          Wood butcher
                          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by amish rob

Or as the fifth column dude pointed out, at 19 this kid has never seen the country not at war. Violence, he is tought, solves problems.

Comment

• CWSmith
                            New Hampshire
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Art Haberland
                            While everyone is too young to die by gunshot, he's just a kid. Barely looks old enough to get a job, let along work at FedEx and be so upset as to bring a gun to work and start shooting people.
                            It is hard to imagine where all the anger comes from, or how a gun becomes the solution.

I can only think he has been poisoned by a short lifetime of pain, rejection, criticism, etc.
                            "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Paul Pless
                              pinko commie tree hugger
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Decourcy
                              at 19 this kid has never seen the country not at war.
                              meh
                              Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• hawkeye54
                                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by C. Ross
                                I grew up in a home with lots of guns which were handled with care and used well. I’ve shot just about everything except black gun crap.

As a kid I played army, cowboys, cops, Star Trek ... lots of imaginary bang bang.

Then I grew up.
                                ' Then I grew up ' , some may never . . . .
                                Charter Member - - Professional Procrastinators Association of America - - putting things off since 1965 " I'll get around to it tomorrow, .... maybe "

Comment

Working...