Thread: Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

Default Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

With the Qidiots thinking that March 4th is really the inauguration day, The FBI is warning about an attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rb8rU0j2F8
    "If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito"

-Dalai Lama

Default Re: Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

And the National Guard response time will be how long on this occasion ?

Cool Re: Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

I believe they're too busy scattering like Cockroaches, now that the lights on.
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

All it takes is a Tim McVeigh with a pilot’s license.
    The Algorithm Is Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post
    DC is some very tightly controlled air space, but maybe so.
    Rattling the teacups.

Lincoln's First Inaugural Address was 160 years ago to the day. Hell of a way to celebrate it: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/lincoln1.asp
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    DC is some very tightly controlled air space, but maybe so.

Since 9/11, there are fighters on alert at Andrews AFB with crew in the ready room 24x7 (not gonna let 9/11 happen again!) Scramble time is what... 5 minutes max, that is, If they don't just have them in the air already... just in case.

If you get plotted on an intercept with anything like the WH or the Capitol or meander from your ATC-assigned course, you're going to wind up with a brace of F-16s on you armed for bear.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

The approach route to National airport is down the Potomac, basically headed towards the Capitol. If a plane turned left at the Mall, in less than two minutes from going off-course it would be hitting the Capitol. WH is closer but somewhat blocked by surrounding buildings and the Washington Monument.

I really doubt anything could be done in time to prevent it.

A plane loaded with explosives is possible, but American terrorists are not suicidal like the middle eastern ones.

I believe post #7 has it right. They are scattering like cockroaches once the lights have been turned on. All talk, no real devotion or bravery.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

St. Paul, MN Mississippi River Milepost 840.2

House adjourned for the day.

If an organized armed mob attacks the Capitol the response should be military action rather than a police action.
    “Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.” ― Kurt Vonnegut

This post is temporary and my disappear at the discretion of the managment

Much ado about nothing.... Good thing too.
    If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
    -Henry David Thoreau-

It was all going on at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

They were out trying to find the cellar of a certain pizza parlour.

It was a stealth attack, apparently.
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Jones View Post
    A plane loaded with explosives is possible, but American terrorists are not suicidal like the middle eastern ones.
    Nashville was struck by a suicide bomber Christmas Day.

The approach route to National airport is down the Potomac, basically headed towards the Capitol. If a plane turned left at the Mall, in less than two minutes from going off-course it would be hitting the Capitol. WH is closer but somewhat blocked by surrounding buildings and the Washington Monument.

FWIW I believe the Secret Service has Stingers in inventory at the WH with a good field of fire from the roof.
    Gerard>
    Langley, WA

Don't believe Republican lies.

Default Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by George. View Post

It is widely held to be a truth that the White House (and Capital?) are protected by SAM emplacements and MANPADs. For quite a long time, the roof of the White House was blurred out in Google Maps and Google Earth, along with other parts of the White House grounds . . . leading to the assumption that there was stuff there that the government would rather you didn't know about.

I have to believe that the Secret Service and their security compatriots -- especially post-9/11 -- have contingency plans in place to deal with eventualities like this.
    You would not enjoy Nietzsche, sir. He is fundamentally unsound. — P.G. Wodehouse (Carry On, Jeeves)

Someone already tried this, back during the Clinton administration; the plane wound up missing the white house, but not by much:

Shortly before 2 A.M. today, a small red-and-white plane flew low over 17th Street in the heart of the capital's downtown, banked left in a U-turn near the Washington Monument, and headed straight toward the President's bedroom in the White House.

No one tried to stop it.

Administration officials, who pieced together the flight path, said that the Secret Service agents stationed outside the South Portico had only seconds to scramble out of the way as the two-seat, propeller-driven Cessna 150, its power apparently shut off and only its wing lights on, came straight at them. Gliding over the treetops, the Cessna passed the fountain and the red cannas blooming on the South Lawn, bounced off the grass just short of the White House, crashed through the branches of a magnolia tree planted by Andrew Jackson and came to rest in a crumpled heap two stories below the Clintons' unoccupied bedroom.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/09/13/us/crash-white-house-overview-unimpeded-intruder-crashes-plane-into-white-house.html

Looking back on this now, it seems quaint that the mid-90s White House apparently had no air defenses at all. Kind of charmingly naive - it reminds me a bit of when they let any lunatic walk in and carve a slice off an enormous block of cheese. I would wager that there are air defense emplacements there now.

Four people showed up for the inauguration. Biggest crowd ever. Ever.

But the Q-Anon folks already knew this was a trap orchestrated by the Deep State and Atifa! The REAL inauguration date is March 20. Mark you calendars.
    "...moved as he was solely by the desire for truth, and by the suspicion...that the truth was not what was appearing to him at that moment."

Cool Re: Attack on the Capital tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by webishop14 View Post
    Four people showed up for the inauguration. Biggest crowd ever. Ever.

These 3 and Bernie eh?
    Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.