Thread: Congratulations Kevin T...BROTM of March...

Default Congratulations Kevin T...BROTM of March...

Despite all his efforts to lose, he won!
    Good job, Sir!
    Last edited by Glen Longino; 03-03-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Default Re: Congratulations Kevin T...BROTM of March...

Congrats Kevin T, enjoy the month and have fun.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

I’m pretty sure this was an annual appointment. Congrats!

Sorry, Kevin. I voted for you, I admit it.
    "Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?" - Groucho Marx

I think this is what won it for him, clever dude he is. That's right I am toasted and crazy too! I'm also a day drinker given to blackouts and incoherent ramblings, surely not a good representative of the bilge.
    "para todo mal, mezcal, y para todo bien también" (for everything bad, mezcal, and for everything good, as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I think this is what won it for him, clever dude he is.
    That's right I am toasted and crazy too! I'm also a day drinker given to blackouts and incoherent ramblings, surely not a good representative of the bilge.
    That's what won MY vote!
    Rattling the teacups.

Good evening John.

Good evening, sir!
    Rattling the teacups.

I know this is a KevinT thread but he is prolly passed out some where after his win. Just got to say stay safe My Texas friend.

A narrow escape for me! My strategy of keeping a low profile seems to have sunk me out of the running. Either that, or no one was dumb enough to even think about voting me in, despite the nomination. Well done, voters!

Enjoy your new BROTM status, Kevin. Cheers,

Tom
    You don't have to be prepared as long as you're willing to suffer the consequences.

www.tompamperin.com

I miss day drinking. Lucky bastard.

Congrats Kevin!
    Structures uninformed by geometry tend towards the ramshackle.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

OKAY, it must be time to dump on Kevin for the next month! Go ahead, pull his chains, he's in charge now and anything that goes wrong is his fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby of Tulsa View Post
    I think this is what won it for him, clever dude he is. That's right I am toasted and crazy too! I'm also a day drinker given to blackouts and incoherent ramblings, surely not a good representative of the bilge.
    Okay so I badly overestimated this mob and completely misunderstood the position of BROTM. I had the mistaken belief that it was a position to promote sweetness and light and all things positive and uplifting. My fatal mistake was in not recognizing that day drinking, debauchery, and general insanity aren't disqualifying character flaws, but rather laudable traits that almost guarantee a win.

In hindsight I now realize I would have been better off promoting a temperance movement and started a campaign platform promoting a return of the 18th Amendment. If I'd only tossed in a few campaign promises that during the month of my reign, if elected, that only boats of ferro cement construction would be suitable topics of discussion. That all cussin', fighting and spitting would be outlawed and you couldn't bring your guns or your dogs to town.

Hindsight being 20/20 I can now see that such a platform would have likely had me polling either in negative numbers or at the very least allowed me to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, oh well. .

So if the burden of leadership is to be placed on my shoulders I say "eff that to the temperance campaign I didn't run and I'll strive to give you scalawags the debauchery you so desire (note to self: if ever nominated again, do something to get sent to banned camp. Be virtually impossible to run from the Hoosegow, let alone serve)

So has my first official act I'd like to raise a glass to all those we've lost over the years and the first rat I'll lift a glass for is CC Manuals. Tom was a hell of a guy, happy to have moved to Florida, had lots of plans to take his boat out into the gulf right from his own dock, regrettably his plans were cut all too short. Belly up to the bar boys (and any ladies lurking about) it's well before noon here on the east coast and ought to give you the debauchery you so desire. Besides, you can't be drunk all day unless your start in the morning. Fair winds and a rising tide to all the rats that swam over the bar.
    IMG_1668.jpg
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Very good start sir, I will join you.

My apologies if some of the bottles are a bit low, it has been an interesting year to say the least, and I'm long overdue for a trip to the grog shop for a restocking.

My fear with this gig is that I'll not be up to the task in keeping this ravening mob satisfied with enough posts. Something like 6 threads started by me in 12 years does not portend well for the state of the Bilge Union moving forward. My skill set lies more in dropping a relentless carpet bombing of snark, sarcasm, and just like a blind pig occasionally finds and acorn, I'd like to think I manage the "once and a while" wry observation.

But hey, the upside of a low thread starting record will likely guarantee that I never need wear the rat crown ever again. Hope you are doing well this morning.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

Thank you, just enjoy what you got, as you see our time is short and the pay for the rat of the month kinda stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    My apologies if some of the bottles are a bit low, it has been an interesting year to say the least, and I'm long overdue for a trip to the grog shop for a restocking.

My fear with this gig is that I'll not be up to the task in keeping this ravening mob satisfied with enough posts. Something like 6 threads started by me in 12 years does not portend well for the state of the Bilge Union moving forward. My skill set lies more in dropping a relentless carpet bombing of snark, sarcasm, and just like a blind pig occasionally finds and acorn, I'd like to think I manage the "once and a while" wry observation.

But hey, the upside of a low thread starting record will likely guarantee that I never need wear the rat crown ever again. Hope you are doing well this morning.
    You could start by bumping one of those threads every couple of days.
    Rattling the teacups.

Quote Originally Posted by oznabrag View Post
    You could start by bumping one of those threads every couple of days.
    My friend, those threads fell so fast to begin with, that no amount of bumping is likely to revive them, nor keep them afloat.

I can't say I didn't warn those that voted for me that disappointment was a very real and distinct possibility. That thread started by I think Jeff with the perspective photographs of old timey cars, how can anyone compete with that?
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

If you're going to be a reprobate, there is no better job to have than king. Congratulations! Take full advantage!
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Barrett View Post
    If you're going to be a reprobate, there is no better job to have than king. Congratulations! Take full advantage!
    Having never paid that much attention to the advantages that are conferred upon the BROTM, can you enlighten me as to how exactly I should take advantage?

Is this like a real job or is it a no-show gig like a percentage of "union" jobs that are assigned to certain "friends" of the head capo in major cities run by organized crime? Cause that's a gig I could get behind.

Or do I need to strut around like a petty dictator demanding to wet my beak in the takings of my underlings, or conversely should I be given to benign neglect and follow the dictates of a phrase that a fellow forumite had as their signature that read something like: "A Citizen's life, liberty and wallet is most protected when Congress is not in session," or words to that effect.
    "Unrepentant Reprobate"
    Lew Barrett

So has my first official act I'd like to raise a glass to all those we've lost over the years and the first rat I'll lift a glass for is CC Manuals. Tom was a hell of a guy, happy to have moved to Florida, had lots of plans to take his boat out into the gulf right from his own dock, regrettably his plans were cut all too short. Belly up to the bar boys (and any ladies lurking about) it's well before noon here on the east coast and ought to give you the debauchery you so desire. Besides, you can't be drunk all day unless your start in the morning. Fair winds and a rising tide to all the rats that swam over the bar.

Well said. I’ll raise a glass.